FL FL - Sorrento, WhtFem 412UFFL, 25-35, distinctive earrings, Dec'91

lisa_mae_zaharias_13.jpg She was addicted to cocaine and has keloid scars on her stomach. Gave birth to two children (whom went missing with her as presumed kidnapping as she was the non-custodial parent). She fits height, weight and age profiles and has a reddish tint to her hair.

View attachment 378482 She was addicted to cocaine and has keloid scars on her stomach. Gave birth to two children (whom went missing with her as presumed kidnapping as she was the non-custodial parent). She fits height, weight and age profiles and has a reddish tint to her hair.
Interesting possible match, I think Susan is worth submitting.

@Caring1 Hey could you post the current list of NamUs exclusions for this Jane Doe? I would greatly appreciate it.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
412UFFL

412UFFL.jpg412UFFL1.jpg
412UFFL4_LARGE.jpg

Date of Discovery: December 7, 1991
Location of Discovery: Sorrento, Lake County, Florida
Estimated Date of Death: Days prior
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Homicide by strangulation

Physical Description​

Estimated Age: 25-40 years old
Race: White
Height: 5'4", Measured
Weight: 124 lbs., Measured
Hair Color: Brown, shoulder-length in the back with short razor cut on the side, and blonde tinting on 2 to 4 inches at the bottom.
Eye Color: Hazel
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Stretch marks on abdomen. Had given birth to at least one child and possibly two. Ears pierced. Fingernails partially painted. Cocaine in her blood stream. She had muscular legs, which led detectives to speculate that she may have been a dancer in a topless club.

Identifiers​

Dentals: Available. Previous orthodontic care but teeth had decayed.
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Red hooded sweatshirt, white blouse, and white sock on right foot.
Jewelry: Unusual gold dangling earring with stars and hearts.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery​

On December 7, 1991, a hiker discovered a woman’s body beneath a pile of tree branches on a hiking trail near CR 433 in Sorrento. She was naked below the waist and had been the victim of rape and homicide.

Joseph A. Rolle, Jr. was charged with her rape and murder, but a jury convicted him only of her rape; not her murder. He denied knowing her identity.

Snip:
The material in her jawbone was then turned over to the University of North Texas, which manages the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System, or NamUs, for the National Institute of Justice.

“They were able to establish a profile,” said Detective Lisa Dorrier — but no name.

Snip
Days after she was raped and murdered, a hiker came across her semi-naked body in the woods in Lake County, Florida. He first thought she was a mannequin. It’s possible that her brown hair with blonde tips camouflaged with the stack of tree limbs she had been temporarily buried beneath. The defence alleged the crime scene had been botched; incompetent investigators brushed debris out her multiple stab wounds after initially concluding that she’d been killed (and covered?) by a bear. Later however, after fully uncovering the posed corpse they discovered a glass bottle protruding from her neck, framed by strangulation marks. A stolen Land Rover was found nearby, the detectives working the case questioned it’s owner but later ruled him out.

She had muscular legs, which led detectives to speculate that she may have been a dancer in a topless club.
That's pretty presumptive, unless they had info from her convicted rapist or some of his other surviving victims. I've got muscular legs and have never been a dancer in a topless club - just saying.

Dentals: Available. Previous orthodontic care but teeth had decayed.
Key info there.

Orlando Sentinel, 17 Jun 97, pg 5 - Article on conviction - pg 5 has a little more info on this lady
1681165611615.png
1681165635505.png

Mary Jane Milam - #MP30843
Missing From: Clinton, OK
Missing Age: 41
DLC: January 22, 1991
Race/Ethnicity: White/Caucasian
Height: 5'3" (63 inches)
Weight: 125 lbs [MATCH]
Hair Color: Brown [MATCH]
Eye Color: Blue
Distinctive Physical Features: No known information
Circumstances: Mary Jane Milam disappeared between Clinton, Oklahoma and Las Vegas, Nevada somewhere around 1/22 - 1/24/91. Milam was traveling with her husband Frank Milam who reported her missing in Las Vegas, Nevada.
30843_280925.jpgScreen Shot 2023-04-20 at 11.41.06 AM.png

Yvonne Shingleton - #MP70349
Missing From: Jacksonville, FL (approx. a 2-hour drive from Sorrento)
Missing Age: 36 [MATCH]
DLC: November 2, 1990
Height: 5'2" - 5'8" (62 - 68 inches) [MATCH]
Weight: 120 - 165 lbs [MATCH]
Hair Color: Brown [MATCH]
Eye Color: Green
Circumstances: Yvonne Shingleton told a family member that she was going out to Applebee's on 11/2/1990. It was reported that she went to Applebee's with a male, but she never returned. No additional details available.

Marilyn Jean Mara - #MP56429
Missing From: Ridgewood, Queens, NY
Missing Age: 35 [MATCH]
DLC: June 1, 1990
Height: 5'2" - 5'8" (62 - 68 inches) [MATCH]
Weight: 100 - 140 lbs [MATCH]
Hair Color: Sandy, although she changed her hair often [MATCH]
Eye Color: Hazel [MATCH]
Circumstances: Last seen walking away from parents house in Ridgewood, New York in 1990. According to her daughter (a Verified Insider on Marilyn's Websleuths thread), Marilyn was involved in prostitution and was addicted to drugs at the time of her disappearance.
56429_278465.jpgScreen Shot 2023-04-20 at 11.41.06 AM.png

Elizabeth Ann Terrizzi - #MP88622
Missing From: Cape Coral, FL (approx. a 4-hour drive from Sorrento)
Missing Age: 42
DLC: 1990
Height: 5'4" (64 inches) [MATCH]
Weight: 135 - 150 lbs
Hair Color: Brown, usually above the shoulder [MATCH]
Circumstances: Elizabeth was last seen sometime in 1990. She is mentally unstable, possibly living homeless. She has had no contact with family. (per Doe Network)
4246DFFL.jpegScreen Shot 2023-04-20 at 11.41.06 AM.png

Mary Rose Bratten - #MP94426
Missing From: Tampa, FL (approx. a 1.5- to 2-hour drive from Sorrento)
Missing Age: 32 [MATCH]
DLC: March 14, 1988
Height: 5'5" (65 inches)
Weight: 120 lbs [MATCH]
Hair Color: Red/Auburn
Circumstances: On 3/14/1988, Mary Rose Bratten was last seen in Tampa Florida by a friend. Mary was seen leaving with a male who was known to be homeless. Mary left behind her identification, and her belongings. On 3/17/1988 the friend was contacted by Mary's boyfriend, who stated he had not heard from Mary in three days, which was unusual for her.
Screen Shot 2023-04-20 at 2.06.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-04-20 at 11.41.06 AM.png
1972 yearbook photo

France Morgan Hughes - #MP24581
Missing From: Aventura, FL (approx. a 4-hour drive from Sorrento)
Missing Age: 45
DLC: June 27, 1987
Height: 5'3" (63 inches)
Weight: 110 - 120 lbs [MATCH]
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
Distinctive Physical Features: No known information - she was known to wear her own handmade costume jewelry
Circumstances: Morgan-Hughes was last seen in the 3300 block of north Country Club Drive in Aventura, Florida on July 6, 1987. She has never been heard from again. Her vehicle, a light metallic blue or gray 1983 Dodge Aries with the Florida license plate number 455 DFC, has been located; a photo of it a similar car posted with this case summary. Morgan-Hughes was known to frequent the Miami Beach and Hallandale Beach areas of Florida, as well as Aventura. Few details are available in her case. (per Charley Project)
morgan-hughes_france2.jpegScreen Shot 2023-04-20 at 11.41.06 AM.png

Mary Elizabeth Plavnick - #MP7983
Missing From: Pensacola, FL (approx. a 6.5-hour drive from Sorrento)
Missing Age: 25 [MATCH]
DLC: April 9, 1987
Height: 5'4" (64 inches) [MATCH]
Weight: 125 lbs [MATCH]
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Distinctive Physical Features: Extreme buck teeth
Circumstances: Plavnick was last seen leaving a male acquaintance's residence on Old Corry Field Road in Pensacola, Florida on April 9, 1987. She was en route to the Stardust Club at the time of her disappearance. She has never been heard from again. Plavnick drank alcohol and occasionally smoked marijuana in 1987, and sometimes she left her family's Ensley, Florida home for a few days at a time, but she kept in daily contact with her family and her disappearance is completely out of character. Her case remains unsolved. (per Charley Project)
mary_elizabeth_plavnick_1.jpegScreen Shot 2023-04-20 at 11.41.06 AM.png

Tina Darlene Walls - #MP28393
Missing From: Gulfport, MS
Missing Age: 27 [MATCH]
DLC: January 26, 1987
Height: 5'0" - 5'2" (60 - 62 inches)
Weight: 95 - 110 lbs
Hair Color: Shoulder length dyed blonde hair (her natural color appears to be dark brown) [MATCH]
Circumstances: Tina Walls has been missing since the late 1980's. Her family is unsure on the exact date she went missing. Harrison County Sheriff's Office had contact with her on 1/26/1987 and Tina went missing sometime after that date.
Screen Shot 2023-04-20 at 2.34.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-04-20 at 11.41.06 AM.png

I suspect most will disagree with this submission (to NamUs, and both investigating agencies) but I'm as confident as one can be about it. :)

I fairly certain that missing person Lucy Delia Fuentes (Newburgh, NY) is Sorrento, FL's unidentified female, which would mean that one of the agencies has reported an incorrect year (+-1 year).

Lucy Delia Fuentes went missing in Newburgh, NY, and the police believe that Lucy may have left with an unknown male (Joseph A. Rolle, Jr?) enroute to Florida, which is the same location the unidentified was found (Sorrento, FL).

fuentes.jpg

Notes:

-Lucy is wearing sunglasses, and the unidentified has sunglass tan lines.

-Lucy is fixed-up in her photo with makeup, sunglasses, earrings, and freshly styled hair, and the unidentified is not (maybe some makeup).

-Lucy's hair style is identical to the unidentified's. The unidentified only needs to style her hair forward over her forehead.

-Both appear to wear large earrings.

-Identical height.

-Lucy's nose is wider, given her facial expression.

-The differences in their profiles are negligible (IMO).

Lucy Delia Fuentes
NY - NY - Lucy Fuentes, 35, Newburgh, 22 October 1992

Sorrento, FL Unidentified Female

Last edited:
I suspect most will disagree with this submission (to NamUs, and both investigating agencies) but I'm as confident as one can be about it. :)

I fairly certain that missing person Lucy Delia Fuentes (Newburgh, NY) is Sorrento, FL's unidentified female, which would mean that one of the agencies has reported an incorrect year (+-1 year).

Lucy Delia Fuentes went missing in Newburgh, NY, and the police believe that Lucy may have left with an unknown male (Joseph A. Rolle, Jr?) enroute to Florida, which is the same location the unidentified was found (Sorrento, FL).

View attachment 418495

Notes:

-Lucy is wearing sunglasses, and the unidentified has sunglass tan lines.

-Lucy is fixed-up in her photo with makeup, sunglasses, earrings, and freshly styled hair, and the unidentified is not (maybe some makeup).

-Lucy's hair style is identical to the unidentified's. The unidentified only needs to style her hair forward over her forehead.

-Both appear to wear large earrings.

-Identical height.

-Lucy's nose is wider, given her facial expression.

-The differences in their profiles are negligible (IMO).

Lucy Delia Fuentes
NY - NY - Lucy Fuentes, 35, Newburgh, 22 October 1992

Sorrento, FL Unidentified Female
Jane Doe is a bit lighter than Lucy, about 30 pounds lighter. However, I do think she could be Lucy. She could have lost weight.

Note after I did a little bit of digging. Jane Doe was found in 1991. Lucy went missing in 1992. It’s not her. They do look similar but I think Lucy is gonna be ruled out.

Jane Doe is a bit lighter than Lucy, about 30 pounds lighter. However, I do think she could be Lucy. She could have lost weight.

I usually don't put too much consideration into what family reports with regard to height, and weight of their loved ones. It's often just one's best estimation.
Note after I did a little bit of digging. Jane Doe was found in 1991. Lucy went missing in 1992. It’s not her. They do look similar but I think Lucy is gonna be ruled out.

I usually don't put too much consideration into what family reports with regard to height, and weight of their loved ones. It's often just one's best estimation.
It could be an estimation. I think maybe 155 pounds could just be an estimate. I was a living Jane Doe once at 13. I was measured 4’10” 86 pounds. My family called the hospital looking for a girl who is 4’8” and 75 pounds. It was just a rough guess. It could be a guess. My parents would tell you I am 5’2” and 115 pounds now. I’m 5’2”, yes, but I’m 110 pounds. Maybe it could be a typo for Jane Doe’s discovery. But if it IS correct she is not Lucy and she’s gonna be a rule out.

MOO

Okay I found this lady who I think could be a "possible match" for this Jane Doe.
She isn't listed in NamUs, put she is listed on The Charley Project and The Doe Network

Sandra Binns Jane Doe
1694707442974.png1694707467815.png

Sandra

• Missing Since12/09/1991 Jane Doe was found on 12/7/91 - that's two days before she was reported missing or last seen
  • Missing FromBig Pine Key, Florida Jane Doe was found in Sorrento FL which is 6 hours North of Pine Key
  • Age39 years old Jane Doe was to be believed to be between 25-40
  • Height and Weight 5'3, 130 pounds Jane Doe was measured as being 5'4 124 lbs
  • Distinguishing Characteristics
  • Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Jane Doe was to have brown hair (with blonde tips) and Hazel eyes
  • Binns has a scar on her knee.

The characteristics between the two aren't real far off. I am wondering possibly if this could be her.

Sandra doesn't have a lot of information available. The Doe Network says that Dentals, DNA and Fingerprints are Unknown.

I am going to submit this. It can't hurt - Sandra is still missing and this Jane Doe is still unidentified.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DirtyV53
Back