FL - Spring Hill, Ariana Ptarcinski, 18, throat slashed by boyfriend Christmas 2021, no charges

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

megs1477

Former Member
Reaction score
This is a very frustrating case. This was a classmate of my son's. The fact that over a year and a half has passed without justice is devastating to me.

Ed Ptarcinski said that on Dec. 25 after exchanging Christmas presents with the rest of the family, his 18-year-old daughter, and her 20-year-old boyfriend were in her room watching television around 11 p.m. “With the door open,” he said.

The girl had a pocket knife in her room Ptarcinski said.

At the same time, his wife was asleep on the couch and the rest of the family was getting ready for bed.

According to Ptarcinski the boyfriend then walked the girl into her parents’ bedroom, and repeatedly said, “I (screwed) up.” The teen was bleeding and had a knife wound at the back of her neck, her father recalled.

“He had sliced an artery,” he said.

Ptarcinski said that he called 911 for an ambulance and to report the incident.

“It took 25 minutes for the ambulance to arrive,” he recalled. “My daughter bled out.”

The girl was transported to the Trauma Center at Bayonet Point Hospital in Hudson, Fla., where her heart stopped and she was pronounced dead, Ptarcinski said.

Meanwhile, deputies from HCSO arrived and questioned Ptarcinski, his wife, their 12-year-old daughter, and the teen’s boyfriend.

“We were in police cars for several hours,” he said. “We should have been with our daughter.”

According to Ptarcinski, the adults were taken to the police station, further questioned, and released.

No one has been charged in connection with the incident, but Ptarcinski said that he responded to detectives’ request to talk with him whenever he was asked.

The creator of a new Facebook page is hoping that it will call continued attention to an incident that has beleaguered the community and been under investigation by the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office (HCSO) for a year and a half.
Around midnight, Ptarcinski and his wife Judy retired to the master bedroom. When he got up to use the restroom, he saw the entry door of their bedroom open and Durst holding Ariana by the hair, saying, “I did this.”

“Her jugular vein had been severed, and she was bleeding out,” he told the Hernando Sun. “I could see her eyes saying, ‘Dad help me.’”
Ptarcinski said that deputies from the HCSO arrived on the scene and interviewed the family, including Ariana’s 12-year-old sister. Also at the scene were members of the HCSO forensics team who, according to Ptarcinski, left behind critical evidence, including Durst’s driver’s license, a pair of knives, and a bedsheet allegedly bearing Durst’s bloody handprint.

HCSO Media Relations Coordinator Denise Moloney maintained that the evidence connected to the case was processed correctly. She also said that the case was under investigation by the State Attorney’s Office (SAO). As of June 1, the case remains with the SAO, Moloney said.
“I have no idea how long that (investigation) is going to take,” she said.
This is the FB group created by her family to raise awareness about the case and lack of charges.

According to her father, Spring Hill resident Ed Ptarcinski, on Christmas Eve 2021, 18-year-old Ariana Ptarcinski and her boyfriend of several months, 20-year-old Ramon Durst, were in her room after spending the evening with her family.

Around midnight, Ptarcinski and his wife Judy retired to the master bedroom. When he got up to use the restroom, he saw the entry door of their bedroom open and Durst holding Ariana by the hair, saying, “I did this.”

“Her jugular vein had been severed, and she was bleeding out,” he told the Hernando Sun. “I could see her eyes saying, ‘Dad help me.’”

Ptarcinski said that deputies from the HCSO arrived on the scene and interviewed the family, including Ariana’s 12-year-old sister. Also at the scene were members of the HCSO forensics team who, according to Ptarcinski, left behind critical evidence, including Durst’s driver’s license, a pair of knives, and a bedsheet allegedly bearing Durst’s bloody handprint.
--
WTF???

My God what more do they need to make an arrest?!?! It’s not like there were dozens of people with conflicting stories in the house. If sloppy evidence collection is partially to blame, LE needs to own up to it and make it right.

What was the relationship between the young couple? Had there been DV incidents previously that the signs were missed?

My God what more do they need to make an arrest?!?! It’s not like there were dozens of people with conflicting stories in the house. If sloppy evidence collection is partially to blame, LE needs to own up to it and make it right.

What was the relationship between the young couple? Had there been DV incidents previously that the signs were missed?
Nothing in the records of the two counties they would have most likely been in. They had only been together a few months according to one of the stories. I just can't wrap my head around no charges.

There haven't been any updates. I don't understand no arrest and no comments by Law Enforcement. The sheriff is usually media friendly.

After a lengthy investigation, the State Attorney Office (SAO) for Florida’s Fifth Judicial District has officially decided that it will not file criminal charges in connection with the death of Ariana Ptarcinski. The SAO’s decision is the latest development in the case that began nearly two years ago.

After a lengthy investigation, the State Attorney Office (SAO) for Florida’s Fifth Judicial District has officially decided that it will not file criminal charges in connection with the death of Ariana Ptarcinski. The SAO’s decision is the latest development in the case that began nearly two years ago.
Omg. I can’t imagine how upset her family is over this. He is dangerous!!

What an incredible miscarriage of justice! He knew exactly what he was doing. He said he slipped on the bed. What does that mean? Why mention it? IMO, he was choking her with the knife to her throat. I've also read that she had some cuts on the back of her head. I've watched a few minutes of his interactions in the police car. All I can say he is trying to be manipulative and charismatic, He is a budding psychopath. I also wonder what made him move from New Jersey and if he or his family have any connection to law enforcement.

I was going to suggest they contact the State Attorney General, but see that he decided no charges were warranted. Does filing complaints with the law enforcement accreditation department and/or city help with this? Can they file complaints against the officers, detectives, and the police department, specifically listing how they violated investigative procedures/policies? I can not believe how they made this all about the social media and public complaints and criticism.

Police records said the victim’s boyfriend was the only other person in the room with her. Florida’s Sixth District Medical Examiner ruled the case a homicide.

Yet, the I-Team has learned detectives never held a formal interview with the boyfriend, and prosecutors declined to file charges.

Eddie Ptarcinski said life was going well for his 18-year-old daughter Ariana on Christmas Eve 2021.

“She got her first job at Hobby Lobby. She was really excited about it. Just got her license four days prior,” Ptarcinski said. “Happy, very happy.”

Ariana was celebrating the holiday with her family and her first boyfriend, Ramon Calderon Durst.

“He seemed like a nice kid,” Eddie Ptarcinski said.

He said Ariana met him through friends after he moved to Florida from New Jersey.

In December 2021, he was living with his grandmother in Ocala and working as an electrician apprentice in Orlando.

Ariana Ptarcinski and Ramon Calderon Durst.png

Police records said the victim’s boyfriend was the only other person in the room with her. Florida’s Sixth District Medical Examiner ruled the case a homicide.

Yet, the I-Team has learned detectives never held a formal interview with the boyfriend, and prosecutors declined to file charges.

Eddie Ptarcinski said life was going well for his 18-year-old daughter Ariana on Christmas Eve 2021.

“She got her first job at Hobby Lobby. She was really excited about it. Just got her license four days prior,” Ptarcinski said. “Happy, very happy.”

Ariana was celebrating the holiday with her family and her first boyfriend, Ramon Calderon Durst.

“He seemed like a nice kid,” Eddie Ptarcinski said.

He said Ariana met him through friends after he moved to Florida from New Jersey.

In December 2021, he was living with his grandmother in Ocala and working as an electrician apprentice in Orlando.

Ariana Ptarcinski and Ramon Calderon Durst.png

I just don’t understand this. Her loved ones must be sooo upset and the perp could hurt someone else!

In response to Magrino’s letter, Ed Ptarcinski maintains that there is enough evidence to justify charges in the case and that, in the absence of court proceedings, no justice has been achieved. “It’s all corrupt, (and) every day is a battle for my family and myself just to get through the day,” Ed Ptarcinski said in a text message.

Also in response to the SAO letter, Hernando County Sheriff Al Nienhuis called the death a “heart-wrenching incident.” “Everyone, of course, wants justice if the event was a criminal act,” Nienhuis said in a written statement. He added that in any case, law enforcement investigators must “try their best to get to the bottom of what actually happened, putting emotions and outside pressures aside – handling it any other way, however, is not an option.”

“If prosecutors were to take a case to trial with insufficient evidence, because of outside pressure for example, it will be even more frustrating for everyone because, when a case is brought to trial with insufficient evidence or the defense can present a plausible alternative, the jury will have no choice but to find the defendant ‘not guilty,’” Nienhuis’ statement read. “This is why prosecutors never want to take a case to trial with what they deem to be insufficient evidence, or when there is a plausible alternative that can be presented by the defense.”

Finally, Magrino’s letter said the case might be reopened if new evidence arose. “Should the Sheriff’s office or any other person provide this office with additional and/or new information, I will review the matter again,” the letter read. “But at this time there is insufficient evidence to proceed further in criminal court.”

Meanwhile, the administrator of a Facebook page dedicated to Ariana Ptarcinski vows to keep interest in the case alive. “The recent letter has left the family, friends, and now the community who is following along with the case saddened, disappointed, and confused,” the Facebook page administrator said in a written statement. “Its contradictory nature leaves us with more questions than answers – We will continue to fight for justice for Ariana.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back