Still Missing FL - Steven Cozzi, lawyer, Largo, 21 March 2023 *plastic surgeon arrested*

Charges: KOSOWSKI, TOMASZ ROMANStatuteLevelDate
1. MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE782.04(1)(A)FELONY - CAPITAL03/21/2023
Events & Orders of the Court
OTHER EVENTS AND HEARINGS
03/28/2023REQUEST FOR COPIES Doc # 19
GOVQA I077713-032823
03/27/2023ADVISORY - MALE, FELONY (1:30 PM) (Judicial Officer ZUROWESTE, ELIZABETH)
SPN/PersonID: 312109281 Case Number: 23-02935-CF Name: KOSOWSKI, TOMASZ Booking Number: SO1925237
Result: HEARING HELD
03/27/2023DEMAND AND REQUEST FOR COPY OF INFORMATION Doc # 1
03/27/2023DEFENDANT'S INVOCATION OF CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS Doc # 3
03/27/2023DEFENDANT'S INVOCATION OF CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS Doc # 4
03/27/2023REQUEST FOR JURY TRIAL Doc # 5
03/27/2023DEMAND FOR DISCOVERY Doc # 6
03/27/2023DEMAND AND REQUEST FOR COPY OF INFORMATION Doc # 7
03/27/2023WAIVER OF APPEARANCE Doc # 8
AT ANY PRETRIAL CONFERENCE OR STATUS CHECK
03/27/2023COMPLAINT & ADVISORY Doc # 9
03/27/2023ORDER OF PROBABLE CAUSE FOUND Doc # 10
03/27/2023ADV HRG - NO CHANGE IN BOND Doc # 11
03/27/2023WRITTEN PLEA NOT GUILTY BY ATTORNEY Doc # 12
03/27/2023REQUEST FOR COPIES Doc # 13
GOVQA I077582-032723
03/27/2023REQUEST FOR COPIES Doc # 15
T077625-032723
03/27/2023REQUEST FOR COPIES Doc # 17
GOVQA I077541-032723
03/27/2023TRANSFER TO OR RE-ASSIGN TO DIVISION Doc # 21
D
03/26/2023NOTICE OF APPEARANCE Doc # 2
BJORN E. BRUNVAND

edit: Not sure why the links are not working from here. If you go to Pinellas County Court Records/public view/criminal and type his last name in, you can view some of the actual records. MOO

Last edited:
Snipped by me. OMG this is absolute nightmare material! This case keeps getting more horrifying! Poor Steve.
Detectives said a woman who worked at a nearby veterinary clinic had walked into the utility closet ... saw a man hiding behind a door in the dark room.

She said
the man was wearing jeans, a loose t-shirt and a surgical face mask. The man told the woman that she was there because of a power outage and then walked out of the room.

Snipped by me. OMG this is absolute nightmare material! This case keeps getting more horrifying! Poor Steve.
I would be absolutely terrified if I opened a door and saw a man lurking in the darkness. She's lucky to be alive -- clearly this doctor was completely unhinged.

Fortunately it appears that although he clearly spent time acquiring the tools he needed to commit the crime (license plate controller, IV sedatives, taser, etc.), he didn't think much what he needed to do to actually get away with it -- he was caught on surveillance cameras and left a witness behind at the crime scene.

I would be absolutely terrified if I opened a door and saw a man lurking in the darkness. She's lucky to be alive -- clearly this doctor was completely unhinged.

Fortunately it appears that although he clearly spent time acquiring the tools he needed to commit the crime (license plate controller, IV sedatives, taser, etc.), he didn't think much what he needed to do to actually get away with it -- he was caught on surveillance cameras and left a witness behind at the crime scene.
I'm stunned there was so much blood evidence. The doctor had sedatives and a syringe. Why tussle with the victim and dole out brutality, when you can stick someone with a needle and disable them? I have no knowledge of tranquilizer or sedative shots. Maybe my logic is way off base here. JMO

I'm stunned there was so much blood evidence. The doctor had sedatives and a syringe. Why tussle with the victim and dole out brutality, when you can stick someone with a needle and disable them? I have no knowledge of tranquilizer or sedative shots. Maybe my logic is way off base here. JMO

Since he's accused of murder, I'm guessing TK *wanted* to dole out brutality. Sedating and then killing might not have been what he was looking for -- too "easy" perhaps (because my opinion is that he was looking for vengeance and wanted to inflict some pain and some fear). MOO.

This case is extremely horrifying. My condolences to Steven's family and friends.

It’s not instant though… Steven probably fought. I cannot imagine the terror he felt - this is such a disturbing crime!

Another attorney in the case describing a previous deposition where there was a confrontation. From the article:

After the deposition, Kosowski confronted Cozzi in the men’s restroom in the common area just outside his office and again before leaving.

edit: the above article also states that the incident where the vet clinic employee walked into the utility happened on the 14th, the man walked out after she saw him and she watched him leave in a truck.

MOO

Last edited:
It would appear that TK transferred the body from his Tundra to the Corolla and then drove to Miami. That drive would have taken him along “alligator alley” a remote, 80 mile stretch of I-75 that cuts through the Everglades. Possibly an area he used to hide the body. I‘m sure the investigators are scouring his tracks.

Detectives said a woman who worked at a nearby veterinary clinic had walked into the utility closet near the common area of Building B, where the Blanchard Law Office suite is located. The woman told detectives that she saw a man hiding behind a door in the dark room.

She said the man was wearing jeans, a loose t-shirt and a surgical face mask. The man told the woman that she was there because of a power outage and then walked out of the room.

The employee said the man left in a Toyota Tundra that may have had a New Jersey license plate.
Today news article asserts that it was one week prior, on March 14, that the woman from the Veterinary Clinic encountered a man hiding in the utility closet:

During the investigation, Largo police also learned of an incident that took place on March 14 at Tampa Bay Veterinary Clinic, 1501-B S Belcher Road. An employee at the clinic told police she walked into the utility closet in the common area of the building where the Blanchard Law office is. The woman saw a man hiding behind the door in the dark room wearing a surgical mask, the warrant stated.

The man said he was there because of a power outage and walked out of the room. The employee watched the man leave in a truck believed to be a Toyota Tundra, the warrant stated. The description of the Tundra from the March 14 incident matched the vehicle seen leaving the law office on March 21.

The warrant states that Kosowski’s fingerprint was later found on the inside of the utility closet door.

Another timeline tidbit:
Cozzi went to the bathroom around 9:50 a.m. Tuesday morning

Blanchard says Cozzi went to the bathroom around 9:50 a.m. Tuesday morning and never came back.

March 21, 8:32 a.m.​

According to the probable cause affidavit, an unidentified man was captured on security camera video arriving at Blanchard Law, located at 1501 S Belcher Road, at 8:32 a.m. in a grey Toyota Tundra.

At 8:34 a.m., the man is seen entering the building “wearing gloves, carrying a large box, and wearing a large backpack,” the affidavit states.

Minutes later, at 8:37 a.m., Cozzi enters the building.

March 21, 10:22 a.m.​

Roughly two hours passed before authorities said the same security camera captured a man with a “similar build to the first subject, wearing the same backpack,” exiting the building at 10:22 a.m. Detectives said the man appeared to have changed clothes.

Today news article asserts that it was one week prior, on March 14, that the woman from the Veterinary Clinic encountered a man hiding in the utility closet:

During the investigation, Largo police also learned of an incident that took place on March 14 at Tampa Bay Veterinary Clinic, 1501-B S Belcher Road. An employee at the clinic told police she walked into the utility closet in the common area of the building where the Blanchard Law office is. The woman saw a man hiding behind the door in the dark room wearing a surgical mask, the warrant stated.

The man said he was there because of a power outage and walked out of the room. The employee watched the man leave in a truck believed to be a Toyota Tundra, the warrant stated. The description of the Tundra from the March 14 incident matched the vehicle seen leaving the law office on March 21.

The warrant states that Kosowski’s fingerprint was later found on the inside of the utility closet door.
This makes me wonder why he was there the 14th. Did he plan to do it then and was interrupted? Or was he preparing somehow? If he hid there, how would he see who entered the bathroom (the floor plan looks like the utility room is behind the bathroom)? JMO

For civil case, Jake Blanchard filed AMENDED NOTICE OF HEARING today 03/29/2023:

19-003057-CITOMASZ KOSOWSKI , MD Vs. DUNEDIN SURGICAL CONSULTANTS LLC, et al05/02/2019
Section 7
MUSCARELLA, PATRICIA ANN
NEGLIGENCE - CIRCUIT

03/29/2023AMENDED NOTICE OF HEARING Doc # 296
05022023 11:00 (TELEPHONIC)

Filing # 169931525 E-Filed 03/29/2023 03:34:13 PM
IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE SIXTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
IN AND FOR PINELLAS COUNTY, FLORIDA
CIVIL DIVISION
TOMASZ KOSOWSKI, M.D.,
Case No.: 19-003057-CI
Plaintiff,
v.
DUNEDIN SURGICAL CONSULTANTS, LLC,
a Florida limited liability company, et al.,
Defendants.
/
AMENDED NOTICE OF HEARING
(Amended as Conference Call Information)
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that on the below date and time, or as soon thereafter as counsel
may be heard, the undersigned will bring on to be heard the following matter(s) before the listed Judge at the time indicated:
Judge: Hon. Patricia A. Muscarella
Place: Telephonic*
Date: May 2, 2023
Time: 11:00 AM
Reserved: 1 Hour
Matters: 1. Defendants’ Motion for Summary Judgment
2. Case Management Conference
PLEASE GOVERN YOURSELVES ACCORDINGLY.
* THE HEARING IS TELEPHONIC AND ANY PARTY WHO WANTS TO
PARTICIPATE IN THE HEARING IS TO CALL 1 888 585 9008 AND ENTER ACCESS
CODE: 717-253-391
NOTE: PLEASE MUTE ON YOUR END. DO NOT PLACE ON HOLD OR
EVERYONE WILL ONLY HEAR MUSIC.

ALL HARD COPIES OF DOCUMENTS TO BE CONSIDERED MUST BE RECEIVED
BY THE JUDGE’S OFFICE VIA US MAIL/FED EX/UPS/COURIER (NOT EMAIL) AT
LEAST 5 BUSINESS DAYS PRIOR TO THE SCHEDULED HEARING.
Dated the 29th day of March, 2023
/s/ Jake C. Blanchard
Jake C. Blanchard, Esq.
Blanchard Law, PA
1501 Belcher Rd. S., Unit 6B
Largo, FL 33771
Tel: 727-531-7068
Fax: 727-535-2086
jake@jakeblanchardlaw.com
service@jakeblanchardlaw.com
Fla. Bar No.: 0055438
Defendants’ Counsel
(Except Friend)
CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE
I HEREBY CERTIFY that on the 29th day of March 2023, a true and correct copy of the
foregoing Second Amended Notice of Hearing was served via the Florida Courts E-Filing Portal to Tomasz Kosowski, pro se, tkosowski@gmail.com and Jacob Pillsbury, Esq.,
jake@guardlinelaw.com.
/s/ Jake C. Blanchard
Jake C. Blanchard, Esq.
Blanchard Law, PA

It would appear that TK transferred the body from his Tundra to the Corolla and then drove to Miami. That drive would have taken him along “alligator alley” a remote, 80 mile stretch of I-75 that cuts through the Everglades. Possibly an area he used to hide the body. I‘m sure the investigators are scouring his tracks.

Another timeline tidbit:
Cozzi went to the bathroom around 9:50 a.m. Tuesday morning

Blanchard says Cozzi went to the bathroom around 9:50 a.m. Tuesday morning and never came back.

March 21, 8:32 a.m.​

According to the probable cause affidavit, an unidentified man was captured on security camera video arriving at Blanchard Law, located at 1501 S Belcher Road, at 8:32 a.m. in a grey Toyota Tundra.

At 8:34 a.m., the man is seen entering the building “wearing gloves, carrying a large box, and wearing a large backpack,” the affidavit states.

Minutes later, at 8:37 a.m., Cozzi enters the building.

March 21, 10:22 a.m.​

Roughly two hours passed before authorities said the same security camera captured a man with a “similar build to the first subject, wearing the same backpack,” exiting the building at 10:22 a.m. Detectives said the man appeared to have changed clothes.
He entered at 8:34.
Cozzi went to the bathroom at 9:50.
He apparently waited one hour and sixteen minutes inside.
Leaving the building at 10:22, approximately 32 minutes later.

Then while outside, attended a hearing by phone.

Kosowski attended the hearing from 10:28 a.m. to 11:04 a.m., according to the affidavit.
As soon as Kosowski disconnected from the hearing, surveillance shows the man at the law office begin to move again, according to the affidavit. At 11:05 a.m., the man was recorded repositioning the cart near the truck.

MOO

This makes me wonder why he was there the 14th. Did he plan to do it then and was interrupted? Or was he preparing somehow? If he hid there, how would he see who entered the bathroom (the floor plan looks like the utility room is behind the bathroom)? JMO
I've been wondering that as well. He would need to have a way to monitor the washroom. Did he drill a hole in the wall between the utility room and the bathroom? Or was there a vent cover that he removed? Did he plant a micro-camera?

And where did the cart come from? He wasn't seen entering the building with it on the morning of the murder. Did it belong to the building and was it kept in the utility room?

I'm going to have trouble sleeping tonight. I've just read through the entire thread and it's such a disturbing case!
My thoughts are with the people that cared so much about Steve.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back