Still Missing FL - Steven Cozzi, lawyer, Largo, 21 March 2023 *plastic surgeon arrested*

From that article, some shocking details:
Snipped and BBM:

On March 25, 2023, Kosowski returned to Pinellas County and was stopped by the Tarpon Springs Police Department. A search warrant was served on the Corolla. During the search, a ballistic vest was found in the vehicle’s trunk with a substantial amount of blood on it. Red fibers were also located on the ballistic vest as well as white fibers. A bag containing masks, a taser, brass knuckles, duct tape, and intravenous sedatives, including succinylcholine (paralyzing agent) with syringes, was found on the passenger floorboard of the vehicle.

He literally had a murder kit in his car. I can't think of a single innocuous explanation for someone having a bloody ballistic vest and a bag of IV sedatives, brass knuckles, and a taser in the passenger seat in their car.

Snipped and BBM:

On March 25, 2023, Kosowski returned to Pinellas County and was stopped by the Tarpon Springs Police Department. A search warrant was served on the Corolla. During the search, a ballistic vest was found in the vehicle’s trunk with a substantial amount of blood on it. Red fibers were also located on the ballistic vest as well as white fibers. A bag containing masks, a taser, brass knuckles, duct tape, and intravenous sedatives, including succinylcholine (paralyzing agent) with syringes, was found on the passenger floorboard of the vehicle.

He literally had a murder kit in his car. I can't think of a single innocuous explanation for someone having a bloody ballistic vest and a bag of IV sedatives, brass knuckles, and a taser in the passenger seat in their car.
That's chilling. Was Cozzi alive and sedated when he was carted out of the building?

Thank you for this. I’m still confused - did P1 complain because of the work he had done? As in, the results were bad?

If so, how does him doing bad work relate to the people he’s suing? Not sure how that ties in with reimbursement…

Why wouldn’t he know he needs a prior authorization anyway… odd…
These surgeries are iterative, meaning it take several of them to get to the final result. Per TK, she was happy with the progress thus far. It seems like, she only started to complain when it appeared that her surgery would not be "finished" thus leaving her "disfigured". I agree, he is just blaming everything on the defendants, when he should have taken charge of the billing situation, called P1 and determined the best way to resolve. Regarding prior authorization, apparently even if there is a prior authorization, it can still be denied.

These surgeries are iterative, meaning it take several of them to get to the final result. Per TK, she was happy with the progress thus far. It seems like, she only started to complain when it appeared that her surgery would not be "finished" thus leaving her "disfigured". I agree, he is just blaming everything on the defendants, when he should have taken charge of the billing situation, called P1 and determined the best way to resolve. Regarding prior authorization, apparently even if there is a prior authorization, it can still be denied.
I believe this may be the same patient that sued him. They recently settled the case.

Not much new in this article, but it was posted yesterday morning:

Pinellas plastic surgeon arrested for murder in case of missing Largo attorney, Steven Cozzi

When officers arrived, they discovered that the only unsecured entrance to the building was the main lobby doors, monitored by external surveillance. While reviewing surveillance, officers learned that a grey Toyota Tundra arrived at the office building at 8:32 a.m.

At 8:34 a.m., an unidentified white male is seen entering the building wearing gloves, carrying a large box, and wearing a large backpack. Cozzi arrives at the building at 8:37 a.m., wearing a red sweater.

At 10:22 a.m., the subject, who has a similar build to the first subject and is wearing the same backpack, exits the building and appears to have changed clothes. He is seen pulling behind a large cart that seems heavy and has a red bag or blanket. It should be noted that the subject struggled with the weight of the cart while transporting it to the Toyota Tundra.

Cozzi missed a 10:30 a.m. telephonic court hearing that was supposed to be held with the defendant. Kosowski attended the telephonic hearing from 10:28-11:04 a.m.

As Kosowski disconnects from the court hearing, video captures the subject at the crime scene beginning to move again. Specifically, at 11:05 a.m., the subject is seen repositioning the cart by the Tundra.

The subject is later seen struggling to get the heavy cart into the truck’s bed on surveillance. Cozzi is never seen exiting the business on surveillance.

It is almost like this idiot didn't care if he was caught! How tragic! I hope he will give up the location of SC's body, his husband and family deserve that much!
Wait. So he takes Cozzi (I assume) out to his car at 10:22, leaves him on the cart while on a phone hearing from 10:28 to 11:04, and at 11:05 he's repositioning the cart and trying to get it on his truck? So he took a phone meeting, I guess in his truck, with a body sitting next to his truck? He's either stone-cold, bonkers or stupid, or all three. This is horrifying!

Snipped and BBM:

This gets even weirder! Wasn't the car at the law office a Tundra truck?

Wait. So he takes Cozzi (I assume) out to his car at 10:22, leaves him on the cart while on a phone hearing from 10:28 to 11:04, and at 11:05 he's repositioning the cart and trying to get it on his truck? So he took a phone meeting, I guess in his truck, with a body sitting next to his truck? He's either stone-cold, bonkers or stupid, or all three. This is horrifying!
He thought he was so smart and had come up with the perfect alibi.

“Detective, how could I have abducted Mr. Cozzi? Ask the judge, I was clearly at home on a zoom call with him when Mr. Cozzi went missing.”

This article has the probable cause narrative:

Interesting tidbit from the probable cause narrative:

Of further note the defendant's left index fingerprint was located on scene in the breaker room for the office building which is not in an area normally accessed by the public.

I wonder what he was doing in the breaker room? I wonder if he intentionally shut off power to the bathroom or something?

Snipped and BBM:

Holy S*#%!!

Of further note the defendant's left index fingerprint was located on scene in the breaker room for the office building which is not in an area normally accessed by the public.

I wonder what he was doing in the breaker room? I wonder if he intentionally shut off power to the bathroom or something?
It would not surprise me if there were call lights / alarms that go off when you pull a string, or even a fire alarm nearby. That building could have been a medical facility at one point in its history. I bet he was attempting to disable those notifications.

Perhaps he was hiding in there?

I see a lot of numbers being thrown around regarding the value of his home. Zillow has the current value at $1.6M and the property appraiser has it at a similar $1.7M. The home was purchased in early 2018 for $1M. So he likely has well over $1M in equity in this house.
Desktop Screenshot 2023.03.27 - 16.36.00.35.png

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giulian.57