Still Missing FL - Steven Cozzi, lawyer, Largo, 21 March 2023 *plastic surgeon arrested*

Is it correct they caught the doctor thru id'ing his fingerprint? If so, I wonder why his fingerprints are in the system. Did he have a record, or are all medical professionals fingerprinted upon licensing?

We're fingerprinted for licensing and sometimes we're fingerprinted again for hospital credentialing.

Is it correct they caught the doctor thru id'ing his fingerprint? If so, I wonder why his fingerprints are in the system. Did he have a record, or are all medical professionals fingerprinted upon licensing?
I think that he was a suspect from the get-go because of his troubling appearance at the Blanchard offices back in January. They knew he was angry with SC. They would have watched the surveillance video and seen that the individual was consistent in look to TK. Then LE found out about the man hiding in the utility room incident from a week or two prior, and checked the room for fingerprints...and, voila, a match.

Maybe it was a remote control for a license plate blocker?

The link should be set up for 9:59 to watch the guys push the button and flip the plate.

I watched this whole video. lol Didn't know about a plate blocker, only knew about license plate spray blocker. Thanks for posting. Wonder if this was used in EB case? moo

I'm still shocked that security wasn't stepped up after the man in the closet incident. My fear would have been he was waiting to attack and rape someone.

This doctor sounds so unhinged yet has friends claiming he was a normal, great guy. This was one of the most ridiculous and senseless murders I have read about. Like removing the opposing attorney is going to make the lawsuits and the doctors incompetence as his own attorney go away.

I'm still shocked that security wasn't stepped up after the man in the closet incident. My fear would have been he was waiting to attack and rape someone.

This doctor sounds so unhinged yet has friends claiming he was a normal, great guy. This was one of the most ridiculous and senseless murders I have read about. Like removing the opposing attorney is going to make the lawsuits and the doctors incompetence as his own attorney go away.
This is what blows my mind and why we “normal” people will never understand why killers kill. TK has a net worth of around $2.2M (likely more) house $1.7M, cash $300K, guns $200K (and assuming no debt). And yet, he kills someone over, what $150K in legal bills and lost wages? I get it, he’s pissed off. But murder? Dude is a straight up psychopath. Where’s his wife (or significant other)? Kids? Family? Who are his friends? Oh, wait he doesn’t have any of those normal relationships because he is a nutcase. JMHO

This is what blows my mind and why we “normal” people will never understand why killers kill. TK has a net worth of around $2.2M (likely more) house $1.7M, cash $300K, guns $200K (and assuming no debt). And yet, he kills someone over, what $150K in legal bills and lost wages? I get it, he’s pissed off. But murder? Dude is a straight up psychopath. Where’s his wife (or significant other)? Kids? Family? Who are his friends? Oh, wait he doesn’t have any of those normal relationships because he is a nutcase. JMHO
And planned this so much. Just sitting in his mansion stewing over a lawyer that just happened to take the case for the people he is being sued by when he could have been enjoying his life and learning a lesson regarding insurance and billing. Unreal!

I was curious about the paralyzing drug found (Succinylcholine).
I agree that TK might have taken Cozzi to another location. It seems TK wanted his victim to not just be dead, but to suffer significantly.
I wonder if Cozzi was alive and conscious, but physically paralyzed, while in the cart. Succinylcholine and syringes were found in the search warrant, among other medical items.

Succinylcholine (Anectine)​

Anesthesia Implications​

Therapeutic Effects:Short-acting depolarizing neuromuscular blockade
Classification:Short-acting depolarizing neuromuscular blocker
Time to Onset:60 seconds
Duration:up to 6 minutes
Method of Action: Succinylcholine [...] results in skeletal muscle paralysis. Composition of this drug makes it specific to skeletal muscle, so cardiac and smooth muscle remain unaffected.

Suxamethonium chloride, also known as suxamethonium or succinylcholine, or simply sux by medical abbreviation [...]

Suxamethonium does not produce unconsciousness or anesthesia, and its effects may cause considerable psychological distress while simultaneously making it impossible for a patient to communicate. Therefore, administration of the drug to a conscious patient is contraindicated.

Deliberate induction of conscious apnea using this drug led to its use as a form of aversion therapy in the 1960s and 1970s in some prison and institutional settings.[17][18][19] This use was discontinued after negative publicity concerning the terrifying effects on subjects of this treatment and ethical questions about the punitive use of painful aversion.
I was curious about this drug wondering if it is commonly used by anesthesiologists or plastic surgeons. Many articles I came across mention another drug that is safer for intubation and the use of succinylcholine is debated when there is a safer alternative. They do mention certain surgeries where it is still the best to use, but plastic surgery was not mentioned. Mainly wondering if he had regular access to it or if he needed to order something that he normally didn't use? Any physicians here who can weigh in on its use?

Also came across some articles that said it is hard to detect when used as a poison, but then found this which is a study on elimination and detection for forensic analysis.

MOO

Or there's a flipper
Maybe a flipper like this one?

I am curious if there was one on the truck too.

MOO

edit: just had an additional thought, maybe this was on the truck and he was just transporting it inside the corolla?
MOO

Last edited:
Just noticed that there is a lisence plate switching device and a lisence plate concealment controller listed seperately on the car return.

MOO

My assumption is it's a two-part device. The switcher attaches to the back of the car as a license plate holder, while the controller has buttons that allow you to change the plate while driving.

The below photo from an Amazon listing is an example of what I mean.

image.jpeg

I am curious if there was one on the truck too.

MOO

edit: just had an additional thought, maybe this was on the truck and he was just transporting it inside the corolla?MOO
The Tundra had unregistered NJ plates that were either stolen or belonged to the previous owner. TK never registered the truck in Florida, I believe.

I think the Corolla had the switcher because that was TK's regular car and the car he used to transport SC's body to the Everglades. He probably figured that he could evade capture if the license plate cameras along his route didn't recognize his plates.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back