FL FL - Sumter Co, 'Little Miss Panasoffkee', WhtFem 17-24, 470UFFL, Feb'71

With the ID of Beth Doe as Evelyn Colon, and the fact that Evelyn's isotope analysis was super inaccurate (saying she was probably a European immigrant when she was from New Jersey), I think it would do us well to step away from the definitive theory of this Doe being Greek.
I think that while LMP (UID) resembles Constantina and while there is a photo of her.

The possibility that she is from the US and possibly local, is more plausible.

I think that while LMP (UID) resembles Constantina and while there is a photo of her.

The possibility that she is from the US and possibly local, is more plausible.

I am not sure about Constantina, I was saying more in general! :)

Oh, definitely!
I do feel that most recent identified Does which we felt that could have been foreign, have turned out to be local!

I think that it’s kinda rare when an UID has been identified and that it’s determined that was foreign.

It does happen though. Reet Jurvetson comes to mind.

I think that efforts should be made in all possible directions. Most cases are indeed local, but i would never stop trying to cover all bases.

I just saw the UM episode for this case and I have a theory - what if this girl came from the UK? The presence of the Australian based lead told us she was probably from Europe or Australia, which could indicate ties to the UK. Also, the fact that this girl was wearing very British style clothing in the hot state of Florida makes me feel this girl was foreign. Nobody wears long pants in Florida, you’d sweat to death. I’m pretty sure the shawl was in fashion in the UK when she died/a few years prior.

I just saw the UM episode for this case and I have a theory - what if this girl came from the UK? The presence of the Australian based lead told us she was probably from Europe or Australia, which could indicate ties to the UK. Also, the fact that this girl was wearing very British style clothing in the hot state of Florida makes me feel this girl was foreign. Nobody wears long pants in Florida, you’d sweat to death. I’m pretty sure the shawl was in fashion in the UK when she died/a few years prior.

i grew up in central FL, Winter Garden, east of Sumter Co. I lived there from birth thru age 21. we definitely wore long pants often. We did have some chilly days during the winter where long pants and a jacket were needed. Mostly in the early morning or evening, but they were definitely needed and worn. These days people wear shorts year around, much more so than back in the early 70s.

i grew up in central FL, Winter Garden, east of Sumter Co. I lived there from birth thru age 21. we definitely wore long pants often. We did have some chilly days during the winter where long pants and a jacket were needed. Mostly in the early morning or evening, but they were definitely needed and worn. These days people wear shorts year around, much more so than back in the early 70s.
Ah, I see. Is it possible that Miss Panasoffkee died on one of these “chillier” days?

Yes they were. I was in 9th grade and lots of girls wore them. I had one too.
Sorry to question the 70s w/o research, but what kind of foods were really "popular" around this time? I know I ate a lot of cereal, artificial snacks, etc.

I suppose that it depended on what your mother cooked. My parents were a part of the group that migrated from the Deep South to central FL during the depression, looking for a new start. My mother’s family was from south GA and my dad’s from south AL. So in my home, it was traditional southern cooking. Processed foods were a treat for me, not something I had daily.

I suppose that it depended on what your mother cooked. My parents were a part of the group that migrated from the Deep South to central FL during the depression, looking for a new start. My mother’s family was from south GA and my dad’s from south AL. So in my home, it was traditional southern cooking. Processed foods were a treat for me, not something I had daily.
Ah, I see. So I'm gonna guess Jane Doe might've been eating more processed foods back then. Maybe this could indicate a more "affluent" status?

Doing a little more research, I think LMLP might've been attending some sort of high school/college or free lunch program, as 70s school menus have shown to use a lot of more processed foods.

I can only go by my school cafeteria. Remember, she was thought to be 20ish. So that would’ve put her in school late 50s and 60s. I started school in the early 60s and graduated in 74. My cafeterias made a lot of good, home made foods. The year I was a senior was the year that the processed junk really got popular and started being sold in ours. I can only speak for the schools I attended .

It's possible! I think that we should consider that she could be from the US, the clothing being uncommon makes me think of Valentine Doe (Wanda K).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back