FL FL - Sumter Co, 'Little Miss Panasoffkee', WhtFem 17-24, 470UFFL, Feb'71

Baylor watches were the in house brand for Zales jewelery stores from the 50s-70s. Nothing to do with Baylor Univ. while it is possible to buy a Baylor University fan watch. I question whether these were even made back in 70-71. Fan items were not as plentiful back then as they are now. NAMUS states she was wearing a white gold Baylor wristwatch. It doesn’t say anything about Baylor University.

I checked Alexis’s thread and her daughter said that she ran a DNA test through CODIS and it wasn’t a match.

Yeah, but I'm not sure exactly what she means. She didn't personally do it unless as I said she's a detective or medical examiner or something, which is possible. If she means she has submitted her DNA and it's in CODIS and there wasn't a match, well, we know how much ambiguity there is in that process. If the LE for our Jane Doe, or for Alexis, requested a specific comparison, then that definitely rules Alexis out.

Would anybody be willing to contact the Sumter County sheriff's office to see if there are any updates, specifically about Alexis? (I have hearing issues over the phone.)

Baylor watches were the in house brand for Zales jewelery stores from the 50s-70s. Nothing to do with Baylor Univ. while it is possible to buy a Baylor University fan watch. I question whether these were even made back in 70-71. Fan items were not as plentiful back then as they are now. NAMUS states she was wearing a white gold Baylor wristwatch. It doesn’t say anything about Baylor University.
Yes, I’m aware. Zales “Baylor” was based in Irving/Wichita Falls around the time she died.

Yeah, but I'm not sure exactly what she means. She didn't personally do it unless as I said she's a detective or medical examiner or something, which is possible. If she means she has submitted her DNA and it's in CODIS and there wasn't a match, well, we know how much ambiguity there is in that process. If the LE for our Jane Doe, or for Alexis, requested a specific comparison, then that definitely rules Alexis out.

Would anybody be willing to contact the Sumter County sheriff's office to see if there are any updates, specifically about Alexis? (I have hearing issues over the phone.)

If possible, I’ll email them tonight.

I’ll give an update ;)

The dental information on Little Miss Panasoffkee would tend to rule out Mary Margaret Cook - assuming that she truly did have "excellent" teeth which required no dental work. However, consider the reliability of that information. Excellent teeth could mean that dental work had taken place. Or, it is possible that the person supplying the information about "excellent" teeth might have lied about it.

This exactly.

It reminds me of "Mostly Harmless" with the perfect teeth description.

Perfect teeth to some people may mean absolutely zero dental work.

Some people may consider "perfect teeth" to be having a few of them left in your head :p

I am with you on the eerie similarities between LMPL and Margaret Cook, and I think its possible something is there. Cook's NAMUS page claims that she was working on making her own green dress at the time of her disappearance, and that her son was told not to look out the window as his father was doing something with the car.

One possible smoking gun (and I know things are held from the public on purpose so that the police can make positive affirmations) may be the alleged red blanket mentioned on Cook's NAMUS page also.

NAMUS link for Cook: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

The other info that made Alexis of interest to me was a 3 inch scar on her right knee, and a scar on her abdomen, in addition to the scar on her right ankle. The scar on the knee *may* be consistent with an accident or injury requiring surgery on that leg, foot, ankle, etc.

I've contacted news agencies across the state of Florida and it's two surrounding states (Alabama and Georgia) to see if they'll run the story of LMLP.

TheTrailWentCold Podcast dedicated and entire episode to her, and goes into pretty great depth about her possible connections to Greece, among other details.

This is probably a long shot, but could LMLP be Joan Mary Bieter?
Original

She was from St. Paul, MN (it doesn't have a high lead Pb level) and would've been on the 24/25 age line in January of 1971. She left on July 16, 1968 and told her brother she was never returning after an argument with her father. If she is LMLP, she could've easily made it to Florida, married, and had a kid or two. She was 5'6 and 132 lbs (5'5/5'6 aren't much different) and had brown hair and unknown color eyes. What do you guys think?
Missing Person Case (namus.gov)

This is probably a long shot, but could LMLP be Joan Mary Bieter?
Original

She was from St. Paul, MN (it doesn't have a high lead Pb level) and would've been on the 24/25 age line in January of 1971. She left on July 16, 1968 and told her brother she was never returning after an argument with her father. If she is LMLP, she could've easily made it to Florida, married, and had a kid or two. She was 5'6 and 132 lbs (5'5/5'6 aren't much different) and had brown hair and unknown color eyes. What do you guys think?
Missing Person Case (namus.gov)

Within the realm of possibility, passing resemblance but I don't see anything tipping it towards strong likelihood. (Such as a connection to Florida, scar on her right ankle, etc.)

Now, this is just a theory, so take it with a grain of salt.
Let's say the isotopes are incorrect and LMLP is from the United States - what if the isotopes were correct in terms of her moving around, but within the mainland US?
IMO

Now, this is just a theory, so take it with a grain of salt.
Let's say the isotopes are incorrect and LMLP is from the United States - what if the isotopes were correct in terms of her moving around, but within the mainland US?
IMO

Beat me to it....

I had been thinking about this, especially since Beth Doe was thought to be foreign, and turned out not to be at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs
Back