Found Deceased FL - Taylen Mosley, 2, mom Pashun Jeffery, 20, homicide, St. Petersburg, 29 Mar 2023 *arrest*

St. Petersburg Police say Pashun Jeffery, 20, left, was found dead in her St. Petersburg apartment on Thursday and her 2-year-old son Taylen Mosley was missing, prompting authorities to issue an Amber Alert.

The father of a missing St. Petersburg toddler whose mother was found dead Thursday is a “person of interest” in her death, police said on Friday.

Pashun Jeffery, 20, was found dead in her unit at Lincoln Shores Apartments, located at 11601 4th St. N, about 2:30 p.m. Thursday, a St. Petersburg police news release states. Her 2-year-old son Taylen Mosley was missing and feared endangered, prompting authorities to issue an Amber Alert that classified the boy as a “kidnapped child.”

Jeffery’s family got worried because they hadn’t heard from her, so a family member came to check on the apartment Thursday afternoon and found her dead and her son missing, police said.

A
St. Petersburg Police say Pashun Jeffery, 20, left, was found dead in her St. Petersburg apartment on Thursday and her 2-year-old son Taylen Mosley was missing, prompting authorities to issue an Amber Alert.

The father of a missing St. Petersburg toddler whose mother was found dead Thursday is a “person of interest” in her death, police said on Friday.

Pashun Jeffery, 20, was found dead in her unit at Lincoln Shores Apartments, located at 11601 4th St. N, about 2:30 p.m. Thursday, a St. Petersburg police news release states. Her 2-year-old son Taylen Mosley was missing and feared endangered, prompting authorities to issue an Amber Alert that classified the boy as a “kidnapped child.”

Jeffery’s family got worried because they hadn’t heard from her, so a family member came to check on the apartment Thursday afternoon and found her dead and her son missing, police said.
ugh, I’m so naive I guess. I said earlier I had hoped it was the father because he may show some mercy to Taylen. With Taylen being nowhere to be found, I’m not sure now.

Video:
SkyFOX flew over Lincoln Shores Apartments in northeast St. Petersburg where 2-year-old Taylen Mosley was last seen and where his mother's body was found. Search crews have gathered to look for the child in nearby ponds and surrounding areas.

"If you have this child, please call us. Let us know that this child is safe, because that's our main concern right now. We're not looking to charge anyone. We just want to know where this child is right now to make sure that he's safe."
[snip]
The toddler was last seen with his mother outside their Lincoln Shores apartment on 4th Street North. A neighbor has subsequently reported hearing "a commotion" inside the apartment on Wednesday night, but did not alert the authorities at that time, Holloway said.
[snip]
Police are not sure if the toddler was home during his mother's murder, and appealed for neighbors and local residents who may have security cameras to share their footage with police. They also appealed for anyone with information about the little boy to come forward.
Missing toddler Taylen Mosley 'could be in danger' after mom found dead

Taylen’s father – who has not been publicly identified – is a person of interest in his disappearance, but investigators confirmed they spoke to him and he does not have the child. They hope to talk with him more on Friday, a St. Pete police spokesperson said.
[snip]
‘We need to know he’s OK’: Search for missing St. Pete toddler continues after mother found dead

Timeline of events thus far:

Wednesday, March 29 – 5:30 p.m.​

mother and child both seen alive by family member

Wednesday, March 29 – 9:30 p.m.​

neighbor hears “commotion” around this time but doesn't call LE

Thursday, March 30 – 2:30 p.m.​

Welness check - body discovered

"If you have this child, please call us. Let us know that this child is safe, because that's our main concern right now. We're not looking to charge anyone. We just want to know where this child is right now to make sure that he's safe."
[snip]
The toddler was last seen with his mother outside their Lincoln Shores apartment on 4th Street North. A neighbor has subsequently reported hearing "a commotion" inside the apartment on Wednesday night, but did not alert the authorities at that time, Holloway said.
[snip]
Police are not sure if the toddler was home during his mother's murder, and appealed for neighbors and local residents who may have security cameras to share their footage with police. They also appealed for anyone with information about the little boy to come forward.
Missing toddler Taylen Mosley 'could be in danger' after mom found dead

Taylen’s father – who has not been publicly identified – is a person of interest in his disappearance, but investigators confirmed they spoke to him and he does not have the child. They hope to talk with him more on Friday, a St. Pete police spokesperson said.
[snip]
‘We need to know he’s OK’: Search for missing St. Pete toddler continues after mother found dead

Timeline of events thus far:

Wednesday, March 29 – 5:30 p.m.​

mother and child both seen alive by family member

Wednesday, March 29 – 9:30 p.m.​

neighbor hears “commotion” around this time but doesn't call LE

Thursday, March 30 – 2:30 p.m.​

Welness check - body discovered
So the father is a POI in the kidnapping (and presumably the murder) and all LE has done is "spoke to him" and "hope to talk to him more"?? And they're good with that and completely sure he doesn't have the child?

Last edited:
So the father is a POI in the kidnapping (and presumably the murder) and all LE has done is "spoke to him" and "hope to talk to him more"?? And they're good with that and completely sure he doesn't have the child?
I found that less than impressive as well.

So you've talked to him, he says nope kiddo isn't with me, and you "hope" to talk with him more, but haven't yet, but he is a POI.

Got it :rolleyes:

I found that less than impressive as well.

So you've talked to him, he says nope kiddo isn't with me, and you "hope" to talk with him more, but haven't yet, but he is a POI.

Got it :rolleyes:
I think it's reasonable to assume that whoever took Taylen is probably the person who killed his mother. I would say that strangers, who murder women would be more likely to take off without the child, but someone who knows the mother and the child is more likely to take the child. It's hard to run with a kid. What I've learned over the years is that in a situation like this whoever takes the child is likely to hand them off to a friend or relative, and go on the run by themselves. Just my opinion.

Just a question… has there been any discussion of cameras or video surveillance of the area/apartment complex? I guess I’m just looking for something for the authorities to go on to try and find this little one.

From the PC

Taylen's father is listed as a person of interest

There is a blood trail from the apartment to a car

Taylen's father went to his mother's house at 9:15 pm, with cuts on his hands and arms
He then went to the hospital and is still there

Last edited:
Per the presser, he showed up tp his mother's house with cuts on his hands and arms then checked himself into the hospital so it seems like he's not really cooperating.

ETA: I hope this poor baby is found safe. It sounds truly awful what's happened already. I just hope they find this sweet baby boy Taylen safe & soon!

Last edited:
Per the presser, he showed up tp his mother's house with cuts on his hands and arms then checked himself into the hospital so it seems like he's not really cooperating.
I just rewatched and they said he is not speaking.
He also put a lot of emphasis saying they don't believe the father is a victim.

I think it's reasonable to assume that whoever took Taylen is probably the person who killed his mother. I would say that strangers, who murder women would be more likely to take off without the child, but someone who knows the mother and the child is more likely to take the child. It's hard to run with a kid. What I've learned over the years is that in a situation like this whoever takes the child is likely to hand them off to a friend or relative, and go on the run by themselves. Just my opinion.
I agree with this. Cuz I don't think the child walked out of apartment after his mamma was brutally murdered

Taylen’s father – who has not been publicly identified – is a person of interest in his disappearance, but investigators confirmed they spoke to him and he does not have the child.
*Why aren’t they calling him out by his name?
eta:
“We just want to say that Taylen is a beautiful little boy. He’s really loving and caring. He’s just very sweet, and he’ll smile and laugh at everybody. Help us get Taylen back. Taylen lost his mommy, so Taylen needs his family."

They described Pashun Jeffery, Taylen's mother, as someone who always tried to make people smile. She liked to tell jokes and would try to rap for fun. Pashun was also outspoken.

During a press conference, Chief Anthony Holloway provided new information in regard to the timeline.

March 29 at 5:20 p.m. – Taylen and Pashun were last seen at this time with his grandmother.

March 29 at 8:30 p.m. – A neighbor – who came forward with this information the following day – heard a commotion in Pashun's apartment, but it wasn't immediately reported to police.

March 29 at 9:15 p.m. – Taylen's father – who was not publicly identified by police yet – arrives at his own mother's home with cuts on his arms and hands. He admits himself into a hospital, where he remains at the moment. Chief Holloway said detectives do not know the origin of the wounds and is unsure if he lived at the apartment unit with Pashun and Taylen.

On the morning of March 30, Pashun's mom became suspicious, considering her daughter usually calls her every morning. At 2:30 p.m., Pashun's family contacts Lincoln Shores property manager, and requests a welfare check. The manager entered and found a "very violent crime scene," the chief said, and police were notified.

Last edited:
Josh Cascio Fox13
New photos of Taylen Mosley below…There will be a massive search for him starting tomorrow at the Winn Dixie on 4th St N, starting at 8am Volunteers Wanted!!

Attachments

• IMG_9607.jpeg
    IMG_9607.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9606.jpeg
    IMG_9606.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9605.jpeg
    IMG_9605.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9604.jpeg
    IMG_9604.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 9
"The father is a person of interest but nothing in our investigation, I want to repeat that — nothing in our investigation — leads us to believe that he is a victim," the chief said.

Police identified Thomas Mosely, 21, as the person of interest but he is not facing charges at this time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back