FL - Taylor Schaefer and boyfriend Shawn Stone accused of forcing child to drink boiling water and abusing other children - June 5, 2023

Ebon

Former Member
Reaction score

Shawn-Stone-and-Taylor-Schaefer.png

A mother and her live-in boyfriend have been charged with enacting a “brutal pattern of child neglect, abuse and torture” on multiple children, including allegedly forcing a child to drink boiling water.

The alleged incidents were revealed during an investigation into a related abuse case. Shawn M. Stone, 32, was arrested on May 9 after allegedly beating another victim, a 5-year-old boy, with a mop handle before he reportedly “fled on a 4-wheeler.” The Volusia County Sheriff’s Office in Florida said Saturday that it was the child’s mother, Taylor B. Schaefer, 28, who called in an abuse claim.

Footage showed moments in which Stone yelled and kicked the already bruised and injured boy, according to the sheriff’s office. Schaefer would allegedly enter the picture and tell the child to stand up straight. Video also reportedly revealed that sounds of the abuse reverberated throughout the home.

That 5-year-old sustained dozens of injuries, deputies said, with doctors noting that at least 46 of those injuries were visible. They boy also reportedly suffered internal injuries, including a fractured skull.

“It was discovered that in addition to the abuse recorded on video, the victim was tied up and placed in a dog cage and often punished via deprivation of food,” deputies said.

Deputies noted two other victims, including a child who was allegedly forced to ingest scalding hot liquid.

“It was also determined that another child in the home was forced to drink boiling water, sprayed with boiling water, and beaten with several household objects,” law enforcement said. “That child also witnessed the brutal abuse inflicted on the younger victim.”

Chitwood captioned the post: "I want to commend these deputies for making quick work of tracking down our of the Week. This morning, Shawn M. Stone punched, kicked, and used a mop handle to beat a 5-year-old child who had an accident. The child was taken to the hospital for treatment and Shawn fled on a 4-wheeler.

"He was just taken into custody a short time ago and is headed to jail on a charge of aggravated child abuse."

If found guilty of aggravated child abuse, a first-degree felony in Florida, the 32-year-old could be sentenced to up to 30 years in prison.

He told police that he had slapped the boy, but denied repeatedly striking him.

The arrest report states that the boy's mother had left him at home with Stone while she went to a doctor's appointment with her daughter, who has cerebral palsy.

While away from the house, she opened the home security camera app on her phone. In footage from the living room, she allegedly saw Stone standing over the child and repeatedly punching him in the head as he lay in the fetal position.

The mother also alleged that the boy was kicked by Stone as he attempted to get out of bed. She recalled hearing her child begging him to stop.

Stone is accused of grabbing a mop and striking the child with it. The force of the blows reportedly caused the head of the mop to break off. He has denied beating the boy with a mop.

Schaefer would allegedly enter the picture and tell the child to stand up straight.

So.... boyfriend regularly abused the children, mom would enter later and tell the kid to stand up straight etc ?

Wonder why she decided to inform police on this particular day and why she previously took part or didn't seem to mind? Either way, the irony of her informing police of the abuse by the boyfriend resulting in her also being charged for her actions is the type of karma I like to see.

The arrest report states that the boy's mother had left him at home with Stone while she went to a doctor's appointment with her daughter, who has cerebral palsy.
----------------------------------
from @imstilla.grandma's link above. This right here :oops: What kind of mother allows her "man" to not only abuse her children but possibly even one with CP?? I hate people.

Horrendous what the little 5 year old was put through, and the other children as well sickened me to the core.

The pain and terror put on them by the two people that were supposed to love, care and nurture them is too hard to imagine.

So pleased they are all in safe care now. A lot of help will be needed to heal them mentally and physically.

Bless them all, may they be able to eventually move on in their lives in the knowing nothing that was done to them was their fault, it was down to the two evil people alone.

Hopefully the mother and her boyfriend will spend a long time in prison.

What's the reason for abusive parents abusing kids (often times until they are deceased) over bathroom accidents? I can think of at least 3 dozen other things toddlers or small children do that are more of a nightmare to clean up or that do more permanent damage or expensive damage. Were a great number of these particular adults once bedwetters at an older age than usual themselves when they were ypunger I wonder?

CRYBABY! Can I pour boiling water down his throat to shut his whiny arse up? He so deserves it. JMO
View attachment 427039
Why is this trash always from Florida?? Instead of spending the past year fighting over who’s version of history we should teach, they should have focused on teaching people basic life skills…like how not to be a .

looks like he got pepper sprayed and they are pouring water in his eyes - not crying. Is there a link that reports he was crying when arrested?
If he was tased, there were tears. That stuff burns. Most people urinate on themselves too. My ex was in police training and asked me if I wanted to volunteer to be tased. I gave him the death stare as my answer.

Why is this trash always from Florida?? Instead of spending the past year fighting over who’s version of history we should teach, they should have focused on teaching people basic life skills…like how not to be a .
I’ve lived here the majority of my life and and all over the state too. In my opinion, it’s only been in the last 6 years that the hatred has spread, evil has showed it’s face so blatantly, ugly pops up daily, rage on the roads, so little regard for others, etc.

It’s like everyone has a chip on their shoulder. Except it’s not a chip. It’s a 2x4, and no matter what direction they turn, they inflict pain on everyone else.

This isn't the Florida I grew up in. The poor and minorities are being pushed out. Gentrification of the state, not just your local ‘hood.

All just my opinion.

I’ve lived here the majority of my life and and all over the state too. In my opinion, it’s only been in the last 6 years that the hatred has spread, evil has showed it’s face so blatantly, ugly pops up daily, rage on the roads, so little regard for others, etc.

It’s like everyone has a chip on their shoulder. Except it’s not a chip. It’s a 2x4, and no matter what direction they turn, they inflict pain on everyone else.

This isn't the Florida I grew up in. The poor and minorities are being pushed out. Gentrification of the state, not just your local ‘hood.

All just my opinion.
Similar experience and I agree. Central FL has always had a different breed of people in many areas, but they weren't evil like people are today. I would like to blame the meth epidemic, but I think it is more than that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd
Back