Found Deceased FL - Taylor Wright, 33, Pensacola, 8 Sept 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the things that would be helpful is understanding just how much of the money that was withdrawn is in cash and how much in cashier's checks. If the cashier's checks were not cashed the funds Taylor would have to work with would be limited to cash. If the cashier's checks were cashed it could be determined where that occurred - the bank and branch location - and when.

Carrying around significant amounts of cash is not an ideal situation. It is likely the money went into an account somewhere. It might take some time for a new account to appear in her name. The problem is that you can do a "blind" deposit into an account that is in another person's name. Any person at all really. It would be someone that Taylor would trust. Hence, part of my reasoning for asking about any friends (or relatives) that Taylor could go to no questions asked. Doing such a blind deposit would at best get her debit card access to the account if that other person gave them their debit card to that account and provided the transactions didn't trip the signature requirements then access to the funds are not impeded. She wouldn't be able to do any electronic transfers like direct deposits but she could deposit cash at an ATM or at a teller.

One thing that might be useful to look into is that the PI firm offers protection services as part of what they do. It is possible that there is a rented "safe house" (or more than one) somewhere.

I would like to know if she was facing wage garnishment for child support. If there was money hidden; maybe it was used to take off.

Was she court ordered to pay child support payments to her exhusband? The father has custody of their son and a job. Why should she pay child support payments? What am I missing?

If she was forced, by the courts, to pay child support payments, has she fallen behind; therefore, she is in contempt of court? If so, any jurisdiction where she is found can toss her into the slammer until arrears in payments have been satisfied.

Also, is it common for her to go weeks at a time without speaking to her son?

Was she court ordered to pay child support payments to her exhusband? The father has custody of their son and a job. Why should she pay child support payments? What am I missing?

If she was forced, by the courts, to pay child support payments, has she fallen behind; therefore, she is in contempt of court? If so, any jurisdiction where she is found can toss her into the slammer until arrears in payments have been satisfied.

She's the mother of the child and if she isn't partaking in his care(aka has some sort of custody) she's going to be required to pay child support. The amount is based on her income and it sounds like she was hiding income in order to avoid paying as much.

Was the Uber driver questioned as to where she was dropped off? Sorry if I missed it if this was already answered.

AbuDrake, is there anyplace in the US - a city, a national park, whatever - that Taylor had said in the past that she would like to visit that with life getting in the way it never came about to actually go there? Some place where she would take the opportunity now since she needed (or wanted) to get away? I suspect you wouldn't have much of an idea of her thoughts on places to visit in more recent times but even from long ago just talking out loud about a place to want to see? Perhaps even some annual event elsewhere in the country she had expressed an interest in attending that might fit within the time frame she went missing?

World Series of Poker? She played in 2007, but hasn't mentioned it since. She had the opportunity to go anywhere in the world during the course of our marriage - she was rarely working and we were doing quite well financially. She never mentioned wanting to go anywhere - but did occasionally reference her NYC-born father's dream of making enough money to retire to "Cahsta Reeka." I've done some thinking on that possibility, and don't think it's realistic. She's never traveled abroad, has no language capability or inclination towards foreign cultures, has no friends down there, and isn't habituated to making trips to unfamiliar places.

I would like to know if she was facing wage garnishment for child support. If there was money hidden; maybe it was used to take off.

Yes - this is a factor. She was ordered to pay $4200 in retroactive child support and $600 a month thereafter. She was also ordered to transfer $25k of the $100k she withdrew in an escrow account to cover real estate expenses.

AbuDrake, we know she was former LE. Her social media shows she likes firearms. Her PI job may or may not require a firearm. What is the likelihood, or do you know for sure, that when she left she was armed?

100% chance of her being armed. She is rarely without a handgun, and likes to make people aware of that fact. It's a source of identity and pride for her.

Did she have any mood disorders that you are aware of? The reason I'm asking is because her behavior seems as though she's having a mania episode. If you can't answer this question I completely understand. It's just been a thought in the back of my head.

I also thought WS was a "victim" friendly forum. Some rules are broken already. Personal jabs and assassinating someone's character when they are NOT PRESENT to defend themselves, doesn't sit well w me. FTR.
Spot Marked

If I'm engaging in character assassination, show me where and I'll gladly word it more carefully. My goal is to help, not sling mud. Besides, talking badly about anyone is against my moral code. Doubly so, because this is my son's mother and I expect that he will read this someday...the internet has a long memory. That said - sometimes facts aren't pleasant.

Unexplained income?? Bizarre. Have you ever gotten the sense that she's mixed up in anything illegal or shady? I don't get why she'd refuse to disclose her employment info if it's legit.

From everything I've read though, she strikes me as someone who simply doesn't know how/isn't equipped to deal with unpleasant emotions/situations. If she is oky, maybe the fallout of this ordeal will force her to get some help and deal with some of these issues.

I have very often gotten that sense. She has a long history of defrauding businesses - indeed, one of the triggers for the divorce was a $24k fraudulent insurance claim she filed (in my name) with the military. But I have no idea what she could be mixed up in here. What's more likely is that she's doing legit business work but getting paid under the table. Again, she is an amazing salesman and has been working at gun shows for the past year. She testified that this was "volunteer work" and she wasn't getting paid. But a pretty, busty, booth-bunny who can talk the talk and walk the walk brings big business at gun shows. I imagine she's being paid for that work....this is the most simple explanation, not selling drugs or something similar. I don't think she would do that...her pride would be shattered and it would violate her sense of being a "good guy."

And yes - she doesn't deal with emotional issues well. Her lifelong habit is to simply cut away and find a new support network...to include finding a new family. My hope here is the same as yours. Unfortunately, her girlfriend and mother are so worried about her safety that they're prepared to shield her from the consequences of her decisions when she gets back. This will likely prevent the kind of self-examination that's a precursor for progress.

O.K. So now it's been 15 days since Taylor went missing -- although she has not been declared a "missing person" by LE because she is deemed to have left of her own accord.

Has there been any activity on her phone? Did she have her purse with her? I would assume that her bank accounts have been "frozen", so there would be no activity there.

Has ANYONE heard ANYTHING from her, AT ALL?

Accounts have not been frozen. She was a no-show at the court hearing this morning. Nobody has heard from her still.

Was this "moving truck" a rental? If so, very odd that she would take off without returning the truck first, because the charges for renting it would continue to accrue. Her possessions, left inside it, could be lost if the truck were to be retrieved by the rental company.

The truck is borrowed from a friend who owns a billiards business. Said friend is irked and wants her truck back...

One of the things that would be helpful is understanding just how much of the money that was withdrawn is in cash and how much in cashier's checks. If the cashier's checks were not cashed the funds Taylor would have to work with would be limited to cash. If the cashier's checks were cashed it could be determined where that occurred - the bank and branch location - and when.

Carrying around significant amounts of cash is not an ideal situation. It is likely the money went into an account somewhere. It might take some time for a new account to appear in her name. The problem is that you can do a "blind" deposit into an account that is in another person's name. Any person at all really. It would be someone that Taylor would trust. Hence, part of my reasoning for asking about any friends (or relatives) that Taylor could go to no questions asked. Doing such a blind deposit would at best get her debit card access to the account if that other person gave them their debit card to that account and provided the transactions didn't trip the signature requirements then access to the funds are not impeded. She wouldn't be able to do any electronic transfers like direct deposits but she could deposit cash at an ATM or at a teller.

One thing that might be useful to look into is that the PI firm offers protection services as part of what they do. It is possible that there is a rented "safe house" (or more than one) somewhere.

Report from last person who saw her: $30k in cash, $30k cashiers checks, and she left $19k cashiers check back at her house. The rest of the 100k is unaccounted for.

She's a subcontractor for large PI firms whose clients are mostly insurance companies. AFAIK, her work centered around catching 'disabled' people doing non-disabled stuff at the beach, around town, etc.

If you reverse the genders in your first sentence, I think you'll find your answer about child support.

No, it is not common for her to go long periods without talking to her son. It's particularly uncommon now. The two of them had some difficulty in their relationship last fall, but since ~April of this year they've been friendly and constructive in all their discussions. He now looks forward to talking with her, and I think she does too.

Was the Uber driver questioned as to where she was dropped off? Sorry if I missed it if this was already answered.

I don't know, but the detective @ PPD seems like a pro with his stuff together. I'd be surprised if he hasn't already done so.

Some quotes from Link:
Wright's car and all of her personal belongings were left inside a home she lived in with a roommate on Berkley Drive in Pensacola.

"My gut tells me that this is not normal behavior. That she wouldn't do this and that something bad has happened to her and that someone else is involved in her missing," Murchison said.

A neighbor who lives nearby says he saw Taylor and her son outside playing and everything seemed fine.

Meanwhile, police removed her car from outside of the home Thursday night at her roommate's request

"We removed the vehicle for safekeeping. We didn't get a search warrant. We did not seize it. We took it for safekeeping at the request of her roommate," Wood added.

While police don't think foul play is involved in her disappearance, they say they'll continue their search.

Seems odd for the police to remove a car but not search it. Are they not allowed to search it for evidence in a missing persons case? What if there is evidence of where she went in there? What if she is in the trunk? Has her family checked out the car? :thinking:

I have very often gotten that sense. She has a long history of defrauding businesses - indeed, one of the triggers for the divorce was a $24k fraudulent insurance claim she filed (in my name) with the military. But I have no idea what she could be mixed up in here. What's more likely is that she's doing legit business work but getting paid under the table. Again, she is an amazing salesman and has been working at gun shows for the past year. She testified that this was "volunteer work" and she wasn't getting paid. But a pretty, busty, booth-bunny who can talk the talk and walk the walk brings big business at gun shows. I imagine she's being paid for that work....this is the most simple explanation, not selling drugs or something similar. I don't think she would do that...her pride would be shattered and it would violate her sense of being a "good guy."

And yes - she doesn't deal with emotional issues well. Her lifelong habit is to simply cut away and find a new support network...to include finding a new family. My hope here is the same as yours. Unfortunately, her girlfriend and mother are so worried about her safety that they're prepared to shield her from the consequences of her decisions when she gets back. This will likely prevent the kind of self-examination that's a precursor for progress.

Was she ever charged for the fraudulent claim? What was the claim for?

The gun show thing makes sense. I didn't take her for the drug smuggling/dealing type but you did mention her seeming to be in an altered state at times, so I wasn't sure. She sounds incredibly intelligent and adaptable which is good to know given the circumstances. It's the impulsivity that's worrisome- that cash and her circumstances could definitely make her a target.

She has to know she can't outrun these legal issues relating to the child support, right? Taking off with all that money does make me wonder if she's not planning to come back anytime soon.

AbuDrake, have you been able to learn when and where the Uber ride had picked her up and where it had taken her? Is that the last known sighting of her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021