FL FL - Teresa Fittin, 18, Fort Lauderdale, 1 Aug 1975

I'm going to guess, if she was truly pregnant, and she had been drinking, that would instigate an argument. If she left angry, and possibly a little tipsy, or even flat out drunk, then erratic driving would be expected. That car could be in a retention pond, a canal or lake nearby. Drones would be helpful as would Google Earth for that matter.

I'm curious to know why they suspect foul play - based on the wallet found in a library? Maybe but it could have washed up from a body of water, laid on an embankment and been picked up by a kid. The rainy season combined with flooding dredges up weird stuff all the time.

"Police say Teresa got into an argument with her boyfriend after returning from a bar. She drove off in her 1966 Nash Rambler........"
People did not worry about pregnancy and drinking in 1966. There may have been an argument, but that wouldn't have been the cause.

A friend told Travisano in 1975 that Fittin suspected she was pregnant shortly before she disappeared. Her boyfriend at the time was the first to report her missing, Travisano said.

Police first told Travisano there was nothing to investigate. At 18, Fittin was legally of legal age. If she disappeared, it was probably because she wanted to, detectives told Travisano.

"I was a 37-year-old waitress, with no husband or boyfriend," she said. "They didn't take me too seriously. That's the way it was. In 1975 you didn't argue with the police."

I read this part on the website and found it really annoying. I imagine the result could have been different if they had taken this seriously from the beginning... that's the police and it will always be that way.

either way
rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther