FL FL - Terrance Williams, 27, & Felipe Santos, 23, Collier Co, 2003 & 2004

Have the police presented any new information? Have they reopened the case with new eyes, starting from the beginning? They should track the officer's phone, along with Mr. Williams's phone, to see where they both ping. There have to be others out there that had run ins with this officer that could at least attest to his racism and unprofessional behavior, and maybe someone else that he drove out into nowhere and left. I think if the police/FBI put a task force together that they could get closer to finding evidence against this horrible human being.

Have the police presented any new information? Have they reopened the case with new eyes, starting from the beginning? They should track the officer's phone, along with Mr. Williams's phone, to see where they both ping. There have to be others out there that had run ins with this officer that could at least attest to his racism and unprofessional behavior, and maybe someone else that he drove out into nowhere and left. I think if the police/FBI put a task force together that they could get closer to finding evidence against this horrible human being.
As far as I know there is nothing new on this case and the officer got away with murder--

Literally the headline story on CNN right now!!

thank you for posting that hugely informative and long article.
It seems to me they are never going to be able to hold Calkins
accountable for the disappearance of these two young men. I will always believe he made them disappear and did a real good job to the point they will never be found.

A photo of missing Naples man Terrance Williams around the time of his disappearance (right) beside an age-progressed image of Williams that shows how he might look now.

A photo of missing Naples man Terrance Williams around the time of his disappearance (right) beside an age-progressed image of Williams that shows how he might look now.
EDITOR'S NOTE: This story was first published on Jan. 12, 2022 and we are republishing to maintain awareness of this longtime Southwest Florida cold case as it reaches its 19th anniversary, Thursday, Jan. 12, 2023. Coming this spring, The Last Ride, an investigative podcast, delves into the case. Look for it wherever you get your podcasts.

EDITOR'S NOTE: This story was first published on Jan. 12, 2022 and we are republishing to maintain awareness of this longtime Southwest Florida cold case as it reaches its 19th anniversary, Thursday, Jan. 12, 2023. Coming this spring, The Last Ride, an investigative podcast, delves into the case. Look for it wherever you get your podcasts.
My heart hurts for the families of these men who I have no doubt were made to disappear by the deputy- I do not see justice for these young men or their families. It is just a horrible case especially because everybody, including the police in Naples, know who committed a crime.

Last edited:
Also, podcast recently aired via Naples News, as well:

Nearly two decades ago, I was searching through my Southwest Florida newspaper's archives and spotted this tragic headline:
Has anyone seen my son?
It topped a 2004 letter to the editor written by Marcia Williams.

Her letter read, in part:
Please help me find my son, Terrance Williams. On Jan. 12, my son was driving to Naples from Bonita Springs. According to eyewitnesses, at approximately 9 a.m. he was pulled over by a Collier County Sheriff's deputy.
Cpl. Steven Calkins searched him and put him in the back of his vehicle and drove him somewhere! He has not been seen or heard from since.
We miss him terribly! Please answer a heartbroken mother's plea.
The letter, buried on page D17 of the Naples Daily News, was stunning for many reasons.

For one, Terrance Williams was the second young man of color to go missing after being seen in the patrol car of Deputy Steven Calkins, a veteran of the Collier County Sheriff's office. Terrance disappeared in January 2004.

I met Marcia Williams in 2005.

When I interviewed her, I recall seeing boxes of her son's belongings in her Naples home. A suede coat. A Ralph Lauren shirt with the tag still attached. All just left behind. "I pray every night. I know God is tired of me," she said then. "I'm not going to give up."

By that time, Calkins had been fired after an internal affairs investigation related to Terrance's disappearance found about two dozen instances where his statements were untruthful, misleading or contradictory. Several law enforcement agencies investigated, but they never found criminal evidence to implicate him.

Did they ever do a search for the body in the vicinity? I read Calkins was only gone about an hour after picking Terrance up and supposedly dropping him off.
I don't know if they did a body search in the vicinity- there is just so much we don't know and will probably never know. All I know is that Calkins got away with 2 murders-- it makes me so sad- and disgusted

Bump

Terrance Deon Williams MP4276

5 Unidentified Person Exclusions

Case Photo

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP8846
Date Body FoundMarch 17, 2004
State FL
County Walton
Case Photo

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP564
Date Body Found January 05, 2006
StateFL
County Collier

Unidentified Person / NamUs #
Date Body Found--
State--
County-- Investigating Agency Halifax: 2011-55984
Investigating Agency Case Number RCMP # 2004-3757

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP66
Date Body Found June 11, 2004
State FL
County Hillsborough

Unidentified Person / NamUs #
Date Body Found--
State--
County--Investigating Agency RCMP
Investigating Agency Case Number RCMP # 2004-3757

Felipe Santos MP14651

3 Unidentified Person Exclusions

Case Photo

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP75738
Date Body Found April 02, 2018
State FL
County Collier

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP1030
Date Body Found June 22, 2004
State FL
County Palm Beach

Case Photo

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP564
Date Body Found January 05, 2006
State FL
County Collier

When I watched the Paramount "Never Seen Again" episode, I thought I had already seen something on this case and I thought it was solved and that they tracked the cop's whereabouts on the days the guys went missing to a random dirt road in the area and found both of them buried there. I could of sworn I saw it on a show or special on Discovery Plus. I watch a ton of these shows, but usually don't get them mixed up. When I saw on here that the case is still not solved it has me super confused. Does 2 guys being murdered by a cop and both being discovered years later buried on a dirt road ring a bell with anyone else? It just seems so vivid in my head that I heard them say they found Terrance and not too far away they found Felipe.
They have not been found to my knowledge and I have followed these cases for 20 years now.

They have not been found to my knowledge and I have followed these cases for 20 years now.
I have followed this case as well for many years- it is heartbreaking and frankly appalling that this officer has, for all intents and purposes, gotten away with the murder of two young men-- I believe the officer had hatred in his heart.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back