FL FL - Theresa Hartley, 66, lost in Ocala National Forest, vehicle got stuck w/friend, friend went for help, Theresa gone when returned, 10 March 2023

following the find theresa page, they are desperate to find her. apparently the guy is cooperating with search and rescue (more like recover by now tragically) but who knows if he is truthful. there is some drama on the page regarding who was most helpful to theresa the past few years, where she met this guy, her mental state, etc, etc. looks like she just lost her life partner recently as well. how devastating. i pray they find her ASAP

Yipes. This does not sound good. The comments are alarming especially given the information from people who know her well.
Very concerning post from a JG a week ago.

Hope Theresa is found soon and safely.

But a week missing and with her physical issues.....
She may have been in the car but according to the fb link, dogs were used .... did they get a scent leading away from the vehicle ?
M00.

I'm starting to wonder if Theresa was ever really in this area at all. I just can't see someone with her health conditions being able to walk far enough away from the vehicle on her own that she hasn't been found in all this time.

I'm starting to wonder if Theresa was ever really in this area at all. I just can't see someone with her health conditions being able to walk far enough away from the vehicle on her own that she hasn't been found in all this time.
Bbm
Exactly !
My .02 is that LE need to start leaning on the person she was last seen with.
Maybe by asking him to come in for questioning ?

Very concerning post from a JG a week ago.

Hope Theresa is found soon and safely.

But a week missing and with her physical issues.....
She may have been in the car but according to the fb link, dogs were used .... did they get a scent leading away from the vehicle ?
M00.
She went missing march 10th ,so 3 weeks ago.

My goodness, that's a lot of area to cover. I wish we would hear how the search is going.

Noting:

Within the last couple of weeks the search crew tracked more than 500 acres using cadaver dogs and ATVs.

They plan to cover 15,000 acres over the weekend.

Ocala National Forest runs across 387,000 acres. The forest stretches across Marion, Lake, and Putnam counties.

2ae8a608-11fc-45c1-ba3a-81840491dc6a-medium16x9_ocala.jpg

On March 20th, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office received a report of someone matching Theresa's description on the Putnam side of the Ocala National Forest. CBS4 News reached out to PCSO for more information.

"I can't see anyone doing anything terrible to her. She doesn't deserve anything like that," Niece Cara Hartley said. "She's talkative, she really loves animals. She's generous, she would, she would give anybody anything that they needed. She would help anybody."
A beautiful, but sad quote from her niece.
The thing is, nobody deserves anything like that, but sometimes bad things happen to good people.
Websleuths is full of those kinds of people.

APR 1, 2023
  • SAR volunteers met at the Ocala National Forest to look Theresa Saturday morning.
  • The search was lead by three organizations: Withlacoochee Regional Search and Rescue, Sarasota County Urban Search and Rescue, and H.O.M.E (Helping Others Missing Everywhere.)
  • Volunteers will meet again Sunday morning to continue their search.

This just gets weirder and weirder.

@NeverPersonal, thanks for the link to the facebook page. Several people who know this woman well said she drinks very occasionally in moderation.

A report that "drugs and alcohol were involved" is based solely on remarks by Sidney, the "friend" that abandoned her and didn't return for TWO DAYS.

Also, cadaver dogs have been in the area with no scent found. There is a LOT of organized searching going on.

Last edited:
Is the Rainbow family there at the forest yet? Some would most definitely help in a search.
One of Theresa's good friends who is very involved in the search (boots on the ground) said they were gonna go meet with the Rainbow family a few days ago.

I think the last person seen with Theresa knows more than he is saying, IMO, but so far apparently he's been "cooperating" with the searches... if that's even where he left her...
This is a nightmare scenario and my heart breaks for her.
I pray if she is gone that she is reunited with her late husband she loves oh-so-much.

This just gets weirder and weirder. It sounds like the "friend" was so under the influence that he may have had an alcoholic blackout.

Also, unless it's rained, trained dogs should have been able to pick up her scent at the location of the truck. Has there been any report about that?

Best case scenario: she got a ride to somewhere but can't truly remember how to get back to her own home. It would be so wonderful if this is what happened and she could be reunited with family.
Mmm... I don't know if Theresa would willingly get in a car with a drunk man driving.
Maybe he started drinking WHILE driving. jmo speculation

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie