FL FL - Tiffany Heaven Daniels, 25, Pensacola State College, 12 Aug 2013

Just rewatched this episode of Disappeared and came here to check up on the case. I remember thinking the same things about the room mate being odd when I first heard about this but I admit the trafficking possibility if she were alone at night in a dark area and was petite would certainly be possible. It doesn’t explain why her bike would be carefully put away unless she was able to do this right before something happened. Nonetheless these cases draw me in. MOO

I had hoped that we would have heard something by now. The case gets colder by the day. I hope at some point the folder ends up on the desk of a talented cold case investigator.

I'm very intrigued by things the hosts of Unconcluded Podcast (season 1 was Jennifer Kesse) have said very recently about Tiffany's case... as some of you might know, they did one episode on the case Unconcluded and have since gone radio silent on the case for months--never did another episode on her. They did a Q&A today on their Facebook page to respond to some of the listener's complaints and questions:

Someone asked if they would do more episodes on Tiffany Daniels.
Response: "honestly, probably not. Some things we wish we’d known before we released that first episode have changed things."

" yes we originally picked season two because of those things you mentioned. All I’ll really say is that I didn’t feel it fair to continue when my heart wasn’t in it. That’s on me."

Question: What made you drop the Tiffany Daniels case?
Response: "this is hard to answer. Several things really - but at the heart of all of that I just didn’t feel like we could do it justice, or have the right mindset to really take it forward. I couldn’t continue with is as a half assed, non passionate kind of thing."

"read above I answered a couple other similar questions. I will probably take down the introduction episode at some point."

"we didn’t find anything / told to drop it. We had barely even started it. It just became clear very quickly that it wouldn’t be right to keep going."

I've been binge listening to Unconcluded for the past several days, and heard enough episodes to reach the Tiffany Daniels episode. I forgot this case, so I came to it with fresh thoughts. My first thought when I began listening was that it was not similar to the case of Jennifer Kesse. And second, the supervisor said she was taking the week off. He is the only one who has said that. My mind immediately went to the Lewis Valley Murders and the person supposedly taking a nap in the theater, and, well, someone can say whatever they want, but just saying so doesn't make it true. Regarding the roommate, there is a lot of weirdness there. He may have used her computer and rather than admit to it and look guilty, he covered it up by saying he was in his room, on the phone, and never saw her. It's a lot easier to be "mistaken" about something you heard, with a wall between you, versus saying you saw your roommate come home. If Tiffany wasn't responsible for her own disappearance, then in my opinion, it was someone who had regular access to her. Not necessarily someone "close" to her. I'm more convinced Jennifer Kesse was abducted by someone who was either a stranger, or someone with which she had no or marginal contact, such as one of the workers at her condominium. Only my opinions. o_O

Coming up on the 8 year mark and no apparent movement by either LE or the media. Even the Charley Project page hasn't been updated in 5 years.
Tiffany Heaven Daniels – The Charley Project

As a cyclist, one item I missed before is that her cell phone was found in her vehicle. I, and almost every serious cyclist I know, don't ride without my cell phone. Of course, her bike was in the car so maybe she had just returned and tossed her cell phone in the vehicle. She was attacked as she got to her vehicle with her bike outside the vehicle and her assailant tossed the bike in vehicle afterwards?

If the fact that the bike was in her vehicle with the handlebars removed that to me sounds like someone not familiar with bikes as the thing every knowledgeable cyclist would remove the front wheel. In one photo I saw of the bike it had a quick release on the front wheel so the wheel could be removed in seconds. If that is true about the bike I don't believe she was one who put it in the vehicle. In that circumstance I don't believe she put the bike in her SUV and then went for a swim or watch the meteor shower and drown. If something happened to her like an assault or abduction while on her bike, her assailant had to know which vehicle was hers and where it was. Her assailant saw her park the SUV? Whatever happened occurred shortly after she started or he waited for her return? Of course, her cell phone again is in the vehicle or did she not take it with her on her ride?

It was Tiffany's mother on the Unfound podcast that noted the condition of the bike quite a while afterwards while it and Tiffany's vehicle were still in the custody of LE. There is the possibility that LE didn't know how to get the bike out or while conducting certain forensic tests removed the handlebars and then left it in that condition? IOW, the removed handlebars has nothing to do with the crime.

I’m anxious to hear about the remains found in Pensacola recently and finding out how close they were located by where she went missing.

Well, that certainly limits the investigation in that direction.

Yeah, I grew up in Pensacola. I didnt know Tiffany personally, but would always go running down ft pickens in 2013. I dont remember ever hearing anything about a possible abduction, although I didnt go at night, it wouldve been nice to know.

I just listened to the Disappeared Podcast - (the TV but on a podcast) about Tiffany's Disappearance. (first I have heard of her case.)
I wonder if she was kidnapped after putting her bike into her car?

I also wonder her roommate knows more than what he let on.

Just a strange case, that I hope her family gets answers.

Has anyone run a background on GN? Curious if he had any past record for assault or theft.

I just listened to the Disappeared Podcast - (the TV but on a podcast) about Tiffany's Disappearance. (first I have heard of her case.)
I wonder if she was kidnapped after putting her bike into her car?

I also wonder her roommate knows more than what he let on.

Just a strange case, that I hope her family gets answers.
Her mother stating that the handlebars had been removed when she saw the vehicle makes me wonder about that aspect (Interview with her mother on the "Unfound" podcast). (Of course, Tiffany's mother saw the vehicle after it was in LE custody for a while and LE may have removed the handlebars.) If Tiffany had been abducted after putting the bike in her vehicle she would used the quick release on the front wheel and removed it instead. Much much faster and no tools needed. NOW was she abducted just after arriving at her vehicle and the abductor returned later to put the bike in the car? Two things stick out to me - the handlebars being removed is someone who doesn't know bikes and her cell phone in the car. I and almost everyone else I know that rides a lot takes their cell phone with them for emergencies.

Of course, the crime could have happened elsewhere and the car was planted there.

Her mother stating that the handlebars had been removed when she saw the vehicle makes me wonder about that aspect (Interview with her mother on the "Unfound" podcast). (Of course, Tiffany's mother saw the vehicle after it was in LE custody for a while and LE may have removed the handlebars.) If Tiffany had been abducted after putting the bike in her vehicle she would used the quick release on the front wheel and removed it instead. Much much faster and no tools needed. NOW was she abducted just after arriving at her vehicle and the abductor returned later to put the bike in the car? Two things stick out to me - the handlebars being removed is someone who doesn't know bikes and her cell phone in the car. I and almost everyone else I know that rides a lot takes their cell phone with them for emergencies.

Of course, the crime could have happened elsewhere and the car was planted there.

I will have to listen to Tiffany's episode on the Unfound podcast. The Disappeared Podcast was the first I have heard of her case.

I will have to listen to Tiffany's episode on the Unfound podcast. The Disappeared Podcast was the first I have heard of her case.
Rather than rehash previous info, look at my posts starting with #422 on page 22.
- Tiffany's mother stated that she was also involved in cycling events. (Probably just organized bike rides for charity or fund raising instead of races, but hard to tell from her mother's interview.) If so, those events almost always require a helmet meeting CPSC standards. Did Tiffany have a helmet and if so, where was it? In the car? OR, if she wore it regularly and it was at her house the car/bike may have been planted there.
- On post #425, there is a photo of Tiffany with her bike. Based on the setup of the bike components - downtube shifters instead integrated w/brake levers, threaded headset instead of threadless headset - the bike is probably pre-1995. It appears to have a quick release on the front wheel and if it is pre-1995 it probably lacks the safety tabs on the front fork - meaning that the rider only has to flip open the release and the wheel drops free.

Recently saw the Disappeared episode featuring TD. Very sad & puzzling case. Like a lot of cases where the person is nowhere to be found, there are no real clues as to what actually happened here. I haven't done any extensive research on the case - other than seeing the episode & reading some of the most recent pages of this thread. Some thoughts:

-I do think TD was either the victim of foul play, or was kidnapped. It's unclear whether this was perpetrated by a stranger/drifter just passing through the area, or someone in her circle of friends/acquaintances. I discount the bf, however; IIRC, he had already left for TX by the time TD disappeared.

-It's unclear whether TD actually parked her car in that beach parking lot & had something happen to her there in the parking lot outside her car; or, whether the possible perp./perps. intentionally drove her car from somewhere else & parked it there to throw off the investigation.

-In the Disappeared episode, after TD vanished - a waitress in another state claimed she waited on someone that looked a lot like TD in her restaurant. This TD look-alike was eating with a younger woman & an older woman. When the waitress confronted the TD look-alike with the idea that she looked a lot like the woman in the missing poster, the group quickly left without finishing their meal(s). Though this sounds suspicious, I suspect this was nothing more than a red herring. These happens a lot in cases like this.

-I find the least likely explanation for TD's disappearance is that she was swimming at night, drowned in the ocean, and somehow her body has never washed up to shore/been found anywhere else. Sure, it's possible - but I think if this had occurred, something would have turned up by now - maybe.

Last edited:
i just read thru this thread and a lot of you had questions about the phone being in the car--according to an article I read it had no minutes on it.

another odd thing i want to point out is the roommate took a week to get ahold of her mom (even tho his daughter Noel was her friend and the parents were local) and in that time he had moved out of the apartment... maybe because the lights were off but still weird. why move so quick? He never called the police in that week either; her mom did. As far as the handlebars go a cyclist (gary) would maybe do that to confused LE. He was worried she wasnt back by 10pm and tried calling her... but if they lived together wouldn't he have know her phone was off??

The door opening and closing the night before why was that relevant? Sounds to me like he had a lot of time to do something or clean something up.

A lot of wtf's as far as gary is concerned.

i just read thru this thread and a lot of you had questions about the phone being in the car--according to an article I read it had no minutes on it.

another odd thing i want to point out is the roommate took a week to get ahold of her mom (even tho his daughter Noel was her friend and the parents were local) and in that time he had moved out of the apartment... maybe because the lights were off but still weird. why move so quick? He never called the police in that week either; her mom did. As far as the handlebars go a cyclist (gary) would maybe do that to confused LE. He was worried she wasnt back by 10pm and tried calling her... but if they lived together wouldn't he have know her phone was off??

The door opening and closing the night before why was that relevant? Sounds to me like he had a lot of time to do something or clean something up.

A lot of wtf's as far as gary is concerned.
sounds like he was establishing a timeline which is common when youre guilty idk but hes passed so we may never know

AUG 12, 2023
[...]

"This case has been around for many years, as we all know," Pensacola Police Officer Mike Wood told WEAR News this week. "But we want Tiffany's family, as well as the community, to know we have investigators on this case and we're not going to stop until it's concluded one way or another."

"It's a mystery, obviously," said Escambia County Sheriff Chip Simmons, who was the Pensacola Police Chief in 2013 when the case began. "People don't just up and vanish. That's suspicious in itself. Her vehicle was found at Pensacola Beach. At the time, we thought there was a possibility that she went swimming and potentially drowned. But we didn't want to just rule out anything. So right now it's technically a missing persons case with some suspicious circumstances around it."

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back