FL FL- Tonya Whipp 38, bf didn't report her msg, left car, dog & personal items, Auburndale, late May 2023

JUL 27, 2023
Crime scene tape blocked off a home along Rose Street Wednesday as Auburndale Police Department officers conducted a warranted search. Police wouldn't say why they were there.

However, the man who lives in the house, JR, said police showed up at his home after his girlfriend told them the couple saw Tonya Whipp back on June 6.

[...]

JR says police showed up around 8:30 a.m. Wednesday at his home. Equipped with K-9s, police reportedly wanted to search the house.

[...]

Rudy said there isn't anything in his home that would make him a person of interest in Whipp's disappearance case. He said police were going through his things inside his house and were digging in his backyard. He said at some point police came back with a search warrant for the Rose Street home and kicked him out.

[...]

The Auburndale Police Chief wouldn't comment on why they were searching Rudy's house. Chief Terry Storie said, "There will be more information forthcoming."

JUL 27, 2023
Crime scene tape blocked off a home along Rose Street Wednesday as Auburndale Police Department officers conducted a warranted search. Police wouldn't say why they were there.

However, the man who lives in the house, JR, said police showed up at his home after his girlfriend told them the couple saw Tonya Whipp back on June 6.

[...]

JR says police showed up around 8:30 a.m. Wednesday at his home. Equipped with K-9s, police reportedly wanted to search the house.

[...]

Rudy said there isn't anything in his home that would make him a person of interest in Whipp's disappearance case. He said police were going through his things inside his house and were digging in his backyard. He said at some point police came back with a search warrant for the Rose Street home and kicked him out.

[...]

The Auburndale Police Chief wouldn't comment on why they were searching Rudy's house. Chief Terry Storie said, "There will be more information forthcoming."
In this article they quote him saying 12 years but in the prior on camera interview, he states 10 years.....

Snip
Rudy tells 10 Tampa Bay Whipp lived at his house 12 years ago. He's been friends with her for more than a decade and said it is not like her to disappear like this.

at :14 this video would seem to indicate the search is actually taking place on Indiana, which is a cross street with Rose. Appears to be a trailer park.

I don't know what to think about this latest development. Jake Rudy claims he saw her on June 6th. Family last heard from her on May 26th. I hope the family finds the answers they seek.

Last edited:
at :14 this video would seem to indicate the search is actually taking place on Indiana, which is a cross street with Rose. Appears to be a trailer park.

I don't know what to think about this latest development. Jake Rudy claims he saw her on June 6th. Family last heard from her on May 26th. I hope the family finds the answers they seek.
I saw this as well, that the trailer is on Indiana Court, but his address is Rose Street. I wonder if they have one of those communal mail boxes up on Rose St. and they use Rose St. as the mailing address for all the trailers in the park, with just the lot numbers being different.

Last edited:
Is anyone else skeptical about the supposed June 6 visit … did it even ever happen? Or maybe they have their dates mixed up??

Would saying she stopped by trigger a search warrant? Confused..

Is anyone else skeptical about the supposed June 6 visit … did it even ever happen? Or maybe they have their dates mixed up??

Would saying she stopped by trigger a search warrant? Confused..
apparently his gf told police after she was reported as missing and news broke about it that the couple had seen her on June 6th. If he is involved I am struggling to come up with why his gf would report having seen Tonya at all. Unless the gf thought by reporting a sighting it would end the search for her somehow?

I don't think saying you saw a missing person at your home after the date they went missing would necessarily trigger a search of your home, unless you are on probation and search warrant is therefore easier to obtain. Otherwise what would the probable cause be to get the warrant?

apparently his gf told police after she was reported as missing and news broke about it that the couple had seen her on June 6th. If he is involved I am struggling to come up with why his gf would report having seen Tonya at all. Unless the gf thought by reporting a sighting it would end the search for her somehow?

I don't think saying you saw a missing person at your home after the date they went missing would necessarily trigger a search of your home, unless you are on probation and search warrant is therefore easier to obtain. Otherwise what would the probable cause be to get the warrant?

Yes, that’s what I’m wondering — what exactly called for a search warrant? Certainly there’s more we don’t know. I am interested though. Even if she was seen June 6, that’s almost two months ago.

I’m just having a hard time believing she’s willingly been gone so long. And without contacting family.

JUL 27, 2023
Investigators spent a second day digging and searching through an Auburndale mobile home and its surrounding area Thursday. Work was expected to be completed by 6 p.m. Thursday.

[...]

“She come in to say, hey that she was in town, let me know she was engaged, back in town,” said JR.

[...]

“Obviously to see this many assets and resources out here leads us to believe that they have something of interest and value,” said Amanda Reece, a founding member of We Are The Essentials. “What that is, we don’t know yet but we want to see this through to the end. If this is not Tonya or anything related to her, then we will keep going until we find Tonya and bring her home.”

[...]

“A tip led us to believe that she was last seen in this location and some things that we uncovered during the course of our investigation we passed along to Auburndale Police Department,” said Reece.

Last edited:
JUL 27, 2023
[...]

...officers with the Auburndale Police Department focused in on an area behind a mobile home park on Rose Street.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement was on scene Thursday with a fleet of vehicles, personnel and a tent that blocks the view of their search.

[...]

1690513303109.png
1690513343728.png

The cops have been investigating her disappearance so maybe they have evidence that she was somewhere else or that she had no cell and bank activity after a certain date and they know that these people are lying when they say they saw her June 6? Obviously I have no idea if that’s the case but I was thinking maybe something like that could be enough PC for a warrant. MOO!

Can you please tell me where you got the information that it was his girlfriend who told police that the couple had seen her at that trailer on June 6th? I know there are now a lot more news stories and articles out there now, but I missed where it was his girlfriend was the source who told police she was there. I was wondering how the police knew she was there.
I have heard the resident say in an on-air interview that Tonya was there on June 6th, and I wondered how he could be so precise more than a month later about the date she just dropped by. If someone asked me who was at my house a month ago and on what specific date, there is no way I could give them a date unless they called first and it was still in my phone call log or if they message me on FB that they were coming.

The Auburndale Police Department has issued a New Release on the Search at this Link. https://45e8ca.p3cdn1.secureserver....023/07/Press-Release-Tonya-Whipp-23-1444a.pdf

The release reads:
"Missing Person Investigation Update
"On July 26, 2023, at 7:15 PM, the Auburndale Police Department (APD) along with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) executed a search warrant at 713 Rose Street Lot #56 in connection with Tonya Whipp’s missing person investigation.
"The search warrant concluded today at 5:46 PM. Tonya Whipp was not located.
"Any evidence obtained as a result of the search warrant is being examined by the FDLE Crime Lab.
"The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information is asked to call the Detective Chris Wall or Detective Kevin Seymour with the Auburndale Police Department at (863) 965-5555, or if you have information and would like to remain anonymous, call Heartland Crime Stoppers at 1-800-226-TIPS (8477)."

To follow future news releases from the Auburndale Police Department, you can find them at this link. APD Public Information – City of Auburndale

JUL 28, 2023
[...]

Rudy said Auburndale police dug up his entire yard. He's upset his grass and trees were torn down and said parts of his home were damaged.

[...]

"They got a tip from somebody that there was a body buried on my property. That’s what they went with I guess," Rudy said.

[...]

The Auburndale man was reportedly handed a piece of paper that listed what the police took. First on that list were six swabs.

"Swabbed my mouth so they can check the DNA, which I know is my blood," Rudy said.
He said blood was found in his bedroom.

"On the bedroom where I sit... I’m on blood thinners. They probably saw it there," Rudy explained.

Next on the list was an Apple iPhone. Rudy said he didn't know whose phone that was.

Also on the list was a video recorder. Rudy said that wasn't his and there is nothing on it. Lastly, a "pipe prescription lid."

[...]

I had asked earlier where you found the trailer resident's girlfriend told police she had last seen Tonya on June 6th. As I mentioned, I'd not seen all the videos. But I did search until I found it. On this local Tampa Bay WFTS Channel 11 ABC News Report, on the July 16th report, she is interviewed by the reporter at 1:20 on their video. The reporter says she told him the last time she saw Tonya was June 6th, at her house. The girlfriend says she (Tonya) was just sitting in her living room. The girlfriend said that, "We're the ones who told them what she was wearing, and stuff like that." She said she was wearing Khaki shorts and an olive green spaghetti top tank top.
Thank you for sharing that info as I had not seen it until you had shared it and I had no idea how the cops knew that Tonya was at her trailer on June 6th until you shared the info and I found the video.
As others have commented, and I'm watching for more information on how did it go from this tip the girlfriend shared to a search warrant, but that information has not been released yet that I have seen.
For anyone else who is interested in how the police found that Tonya was at the trailer on June 6th, the article and the video from Channel 11 ABC News is here, and the interview of the girlfriend is at 1:20 on the video.

Last edited:
JUL 30, 2023
[...]

The renewed search for Whipp was coordinated by a group called "We Are The Essentials" and is centered on Lake Blue.

The group is made up of mostly people with some law enforcement or military experience who are very knowledgeable about sensitive searches like this. The group has assisted several families locate their missing loved ones.

On Saturday morning, they brought their boats with various search-related equipment including a drone to help look in and around the Lake Blue area. They are focused on dragging the lake's bottom after law enforcement already used sonar equipment to inspect the lake.

[...]

Last edited:

Reward offered for Polk County woman considered 'missing endangered': Authorities - FOX 13

<snipped & BBM>
A Polk County woman who was last heard from in June is now being considered "missing endangered" by investigators.

Heartland Crime Stoppers and an anonymous donor are now offering a combined $4,000 reward for any information in the disappearance of 38-year-old Tonya Whipp.

The search for Whipp began intensifying last week as authorities with the Auburndale Police Department and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement were seen collecting evidence behind a mobile home park on Rose Street.

AUG 1, 2023
“We have enough CONFIRMED (as opposed to speculation) information we are upgrading Tonya to missing endangered,” Auburndale Police Chief Terry Storie said to 8 On Your Side.

[...]

... Left behind were Whipp’s recently paid-off car, her purse, her cell phone and her beloved dog Baby.

Carroll never reported Whipp missing and declined to join any of the searches. He told the family Whipp wanted space. But they say that doesn’t add up.

[...]

“We read a lot of the letters that were in her property between her boyfriend and her. They were kind of sort of trying to help each other. Like he would say ‘please stay clean. I love you so much.’ She would write back the same, ‘this is going to be a new start. Don’t worry about what happened in your past, this is us now,'” he said.

Toscani said in the course of his investigation, he’s found information suggesting that in recent months, Whipp may have been using methamphetamines. But Tonya’s family said everyone they’ve talked to has assured them she has stayed clean for the past five years.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynichick
Back