FL - Tracy Ocasio, 27, Orlando/Ocoee, 27 May 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for such a remarkable map BJB. It puts everything into perspective.

Why was the car left so close to where he (Hataway) lived? IMO because the walk home isn't that far.
It seems a dumb thing to do when you are so good at hiding your victims. Yep but it's working so far for him! :crazy:

The number of lakes amazes me. Where do you start when you are searching? I think Bond said something about if the phone was in water it wouldn't have pinged at 8:30AM??:waitasec:
And then there is all the vacant land. What a nightmare. :eek:

It is a month since Tracy vanished but at least there is a suspect in the right place. With nothing physically connecting him to Tracy after 2:30AM they can't hold him! Currently being held on different charges w/ another young lady.

Just where did he take Tracy before the car was dumped? No idea
There should be ways and laws to make these predators talk. Waterboarding would not cause me any loss of sleep! :rolleyes:

Green is mine...

So quiet in here - I hear something.....listen! Hear it???

It's crickets chirping!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the updated map... Your hard work is much appreciated!!!

My NEW favorite smilie :thumb:

Note it'd work equally well for protesters...just hafta change it to a red-frowning smilie somehow :)

So quiet in here - I hear something.....listen! Hear it???

It's crickets chirping!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for keeping the home fires burning, Cocoamom. I've been thinkin'>postin' which is usually good for everyone's sake :bang:

I hope we get some feedback on the tips...and something more from LE. They usually drop some breadcrumbs when they need a little more help with something.

No feedback on the keyfob yet. :(

Does TES still have the Orlando office they opened several months ago?

I wish I could go help search. Its very frustrating sitting on the computer. BJB you did a great job with the map. Let's try to pick out the top 3 places to search based on the evidence we have. I would put Greg Toole's house as #1. All that land, dirt road access and out buildings would be good for hiding someone. What do you think?

I went there Sat and Sun for while. I would guess that if one were going to leave a car at the railroad tracks and go back to Lyle St, one would have more seclusion going south with the railroad tracks then crossing over Taylor. Many places to hide things. The cell ping area is still a puzzle to me, but still trying to figure it out..

I went there Sat and Sun for while. I would guess that if one were going to leave a car at the railroad tracks and go back to Lyle St, one would have more seclusion going south with the railroad tracks then crossing over Taylor. Many places to hide things. The cell ping area is still a puzzle to me, but still trying to figure it out..

Thanks, BL21. :thumb:

I expect there were a few people spending some time this weekend poking around the area. :)

Wish the pings were simpler, but, glad you're workin' on it. Whaddya think about launching a thread in the Parking Lot asking for a Verizon expert?

Do you all think there is any chance we can get a couple of sticky notes on this thread for the players, map, timeline, etc? Who do we ask?

Here's kinduva po'woman's/po'man's (see...I'm learnin' :rolleyes: ) attempt @ getting the next best thing to a stickie for Tracy.

Take it or leave it...

Use the "Quote" feature and simply erase the quote begin & end commands to create a 'living' post to which anyone can add 'facts'. Can always debate what has been added along the way by keeping the quote commands intact IYKWIM.

I'd suggest two lists in the same post. For example:

FACTS:
  • Tracy Ocasio, 27 year old caucasian female
  • Ocasio last seen leaving Tap Room Bar @ ~1:30AM 5/27/09
  • Ocasio left TR Bar w/ James V. Hataway per surveillance video
  • Ocasio's car (description needed) discovered @ intersection of Franklin & Railroad tracks near Hataway's home

WIDELY SPECULATED:
  • Ocasio's phone pinged @ 4:30AM 5/27/09
  • Ocasio's phone pinged 8:30AM 5/27/09

Just a start/example FWIW. IF this is developed sufficiently it would make a good post to use for introducing other WS's to the case and generating more interest. IOW...you'd be able to PM your WS 'friends' w/ a link to the developed post and they'd be able to come up to speed quickly...hence, more likely they'd be willing to lend a hand. Just :twocents:

I would wonder why the car was left in front of someone's house anyway - there are several places the car could have been parked within walking distance of JVH home - over at the shopping center for instance. Why there? Someone asked in what direction the car was parked - facing JVH house or facing back the other way - does anyone know?

I don't know which way the car was facing. But parking in front of a home limits the chance of being observed LEAVING THE CAR or NEAR THE CAR on a surveillance camera. The parking lots and stores in the shopping center would almost certainly have cameras. If JH killed Jennifer Kesse and was caught on that video, he might have learned to be careful where he is seen with a victim's car.

I have a theory i would like to share. My theory would explain alot.

1) Tracy and Jimmy leave taproom, go somewhere, something bad happens and he kills her.2) Hataway leaves Tracy somewhere close to his house but not the final destination (hidden in a patch of woods - it's middle of the night no one would see). Tracy's cell phone always has been and still is in her pocket.
3) Hataway drives around for a few moments looking for a good final destination spot (ie: dumpster) near where he has temporarily disposed of her
4) Hatway parks the car on Franklin as an easy way to run to Tracy's body without cameras catching him from some random business and he can run into the wooded area, down the tracks and to her body without being noticed. At this time he has the keys to the car.
5) Hataway walks to Tracy's body, moves Tracy from temporary spot to a dumpster he had located. At this time, her phone accidently dials at 4:30am when she is dropped into the dumpster (remember it's in her pocket).
6) Hataway returns to the car to move it, but notices he has dropped the keys somewhere while moving her body
7) Hataway thinks that maybe he left the keys in the car and frantically searches the car - moving the seats forward. He then retraces looking for her keys, doesn't find them - could be they accidently fell into the dumpster when he dropped her in
8) 8:30am phone call to Tracy - pings from her pocket, in dumpster near his home.
9) At some time the dumpster is emptied and Tracy, her phone and possibly her keys are now in the landfill

(bbm) Sorry if I'm slow, but just to be sure I understand... is this theory speculating there is a different vehicle (other than Cobalt) to which JVH had access to transport body, after she's dead and left elsewhere (other than Cobalt)? Otherwise the hole I'm still seeing is there was no hint of decomp detected in Tracy's car. Given neither dogs detected any hint of Tracy in or around JVH's house as well, I would not expect her scent to be found anywhere in area of her car either (her living scent would of course have been easily tracked w/in her own vehicle, sort of stating the obvious...)
:parrot:

Please correct me if I am wrong, but did the other girl say JH tried to break her neck? Did she explain the situation? Like did he try to rape her and then try to break her neck or he just attacked her and tried to break her neck. With TO it just seems like a sexual assault so I am trying to under if he would try to break her neck before our after the assault. I assume since they were spotted kissing it would be after the assault. This makes my head hurt.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but did the other girl say JH tried to break her neck? Did she explain the situation? Like did he try to rape her and then try to break her neck or he just attacked her and tried to break her neck. With TO it just seems like a sexual assault so I am trying to under if he would try to break her neck before our after the assault. I assume since they were spotted kissing it would be after the assault. This makes my head hurt.

IIRC, the media story is linked earlier in this thread, WB. From memory the victim and JVH were engaged in something like a 'goodnight' embrace when he went ape on her. She struggled enough to get away, but, he caught her and was pounding her when her screams alerted bystanders.

I'm sure someone can fix what've I've screwed up in the summary above, but, best to get it directly :rolleyes: from the media report, IMHO.

I'm confused by your statement, "With TO it just seems like a sexual assault..." Further confused by "...since they were spotted kissing it would be after the assault." I just dunno how to arrive at these conclusions. IMHO there are so many options on the table that may or may not include sexual assault. YMMV.

(bbm) Sorry if I'm slow, but just to be sure I understand... is this theory speculating there is a different vehicle (other than Cobalt) to which JVH had access to transport body, after she's dead and left elsewhere (other than Cobalt)? Otherwise the hole I'm still seeing is there was no hint of decomp detected in Tracy's car. Given neither dogs detected any hint of Tracy in or around JVH's house as well, I would not expect her scent to be found anywhere in area of her car either (her living scent would of course have been easily tracked w/in her own vehicle, sort of stating the obvious...)
:parrot:

If YOU'RE slow...what does that make me? Glacial?!? ;)

Above was simply an [*warning* subliminal message to follow...] excuse for [run w/ the 'living' post on case facts I suggeste above in post #547] me to say [you've got such a good handle on the case fact, Kiki] I'm glad you're back [and I'm too lazy to do it myself] and I hope you had a great [pretty pleaaaaase?] weekend!!

Sorry BJB, I had read earlier post that stated she was seen kissing JH at the bar before leaving with him. I was just trying to understand why JH would kill TO, if he did. The kissing just made me think perhaps he intended to rape her. Its Monday and its so hot here it might be affecting my ablity to think clearly. Again sorry if it didn't make sense.

Sorry BJB, I had read earlier post that stated she was seen kissing JH at the bar before leaving with him. I was just trying to understand why JH would kill TO, if he did. The kissing just made me think perhaps he intended to rape her. Its Monday and its so hot here it might be affecting my ablity to think clearly. Again sorry if it didn't make sense.

I believe that you are correct, that TO & JH were hooking up at the bar before leaving together. I think on the video of them leaving together, it appears as if she reaches to hold his hand as they were leaving. And it has been stated that they were seen kissing at the bar.

I think that you are right on with thinking that it was most likely a sexual attack. IMO, he wanted to "hook up" further, IYKWIM, and quite possibly she wasn't ready to go further, having only known him for a week or two. And that is what set him off.

From what I recall, she said he tried to put his fingers into her mouth to enable him to twist her neck. I don't remember the exact circumstances at the time or if she mentioned him making sexual advances towards her prior to his becoming threatening with her.

No worries, WB. I'm easily confused :bang:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get