FL FL - Trenton Duckett, 2, Leesburg, 27 Aug 2006

I don't have a link for this because I got the information through a family member, but unfortunately this is not Trenton. The father of the boy has contacted LE and is providing documentation of the boy's identity.

I know how strict the policy is here about providing links before things are taken as fact, so feel free to treat this as a rumor. I, however, am certain that this is not Trenton.

I don't have a link for this because I got the information through a family member, but unfortunately this is not Trenton. The father of the boy has contacted LE and is providing documentation of the boy's identity.

I know how strict the policy is here about providing links before things are taken as fact, so feel free to treat this as a rumor. I, however, am certain that this is not Trenton.

If I may, can I ask who you spoke with that confirmed that this is not Trenton? I only ask because I have not seen anything on the Trenton Duckett site that gives any indication that they were even aware of the picture. If they do know this is not Trenton, I would think that either they or LE would have given a statement stating such. I just do not understand why this has only been brought up on 1 news station, and only blogs and sleuthing sites. Even if this is not Trenton, as you have stated, why not report or make a statement. Remind people that Trenton is still out there somewhere?

JMO

My take and jmo, there is one feature that raises doubt wrt this child being Trenton, and that is the ear lobes (i.e., Trenton appears to have "attached" ear lobes, whereas this child does not). Even so, I think it is worthwhile to rule this latest tip in/out.

That's exactly what I was thinking Shadow. But, I really, really wish this would be Trenton.

Even if it turns out not to be Trenton, it makes me happy to know that people are still keeping their eyes open.

I wish this would be the case for all missing children cases.

The grandparents absolutely believe this is Trenton and with good reason.

Bill made a collage of pictures and the resemblance is right on. The lips are bowed in the mag pic because he is not smiling. They have lots of pictures showing Trenton with "bowed" lips. They used to think he had perfect lips for lipstick.

The most telling thing to them that this is Trenton is this: Look at his left hand holding the man's shirt. He is pinching the material of his shirt. Trenton always did that.

His nose is bigger now, because he is bigger and because Josh has a big nose.

The eyes are the same, the forehead is the same (not like the incorrect oval shape of the age progression)

The skin color is also the same, not like the age progression. His ears are the same.

When Nancy saw the picture for the first time, she cried. The people in their church gasped.

So, the only thing that would tell them that this is not Trenton would be for them to see him in person and see what reaction this child has to them and familiar things. And then DNA. No documents.

And my own input here is why hasn't LE been in touch with the grandparents who lived with Trenton much longer than Josh ever did. They don't even return phone calls. Melinda's aunt called them days ago. Why was there no response back as to their findings. They don't even have the same detectives there anymore, they keep passing the baton. Now its Detective Brian Cash.

The fat lady ain't singing yet!

Thank you SW for not only the second side by side but the age progession. I came back to look after first seeing the first side by side this afternoon.

Yes, the attachment of the earlobes are different. Also, after looking intently at this child I am not certain is of Asian/Caucasion makeup. I believe this other young boy may be full Asian of another ethnicity than that of Trenton's Mother.

The nose. The nose looks very much more Asian in the picture of the other young boy. I wish it were Trenton I really do, I am of the opinion that Trenton is no longer with us.

I still hope that they do investigate this though.
[my bold]

My DIL is of Chinese ethnicity. And my grandson, same age as Trenton, looks very much like this other little fella. My GS resembles Trenton by way of Asian features.

As with you though, do hope this is investigated. How great would it be to find Trenton alive and cared for.....

They look very similar, but I don't think it's him. Trenton has very thin lips, and this child's lips are full. I wish it was him, but I don't think it's a match :(

I agree. As much as I wish it was him, I don't think it will turn out to be him.

Age progression photos are not always on target.To me that picture looks enough like Trenton that LE should find out who he is and check it out.

So true about age progression photos. Anyone remember Shawn Hornbeck's age progression photo compared to when he was found?

The eyes are the same, the forehead is the same (not like the incorrect oval shape of the age progression)
I have long felt the age progression was off. Way off. That is, for a four-and-a-half, almost five year old Trenton. Now, had they said that is what he will look like at 7 or 8? Yeah, I'd buy it.
So, the only thing that would tell them that this is not Trenton would be for them to see him in person and see what reaction this child has to them and familiar things. And then DNA. No documents.
Am not sure about the former, MTP. Simply due to time passed and infantile amnesia. The latter being strictly based upon brain development. I do however adamantly agree that since the great grandparents strongly feel this child is Trenton, DNA will be the only way to rule in/out this child.

picture.php

Went to Trenton's site for this photo.

I agree that it's similar enough to check out. I don't think it's him though. He looks similar, but there are a lot of differences.

However, remember the photo that people thought was Tionda Bradley? I thought that was her -- it looked just like her. But apparently it ended up being someone else. I think there is no way to be sure until LE investigates and compares DNA, especially when a child goes missing, since they can change so much.

My kid pinches and tugs shirts, too, when she's being held. I don't think it's that uncommon.

If I may, can I ask who you spoke with that confirmed that this is not Trenton? I only ask because I have not seen anything on the Trenton Duckett site that gives any indication that they were even aware of the picture. If they do know this is not Trenton, I would think that either they or LE would have given a statement stating such. I just do not understand why this has only been brought up on 1 news station, and only blogs and sleuthing sites. Even if this is not Trenton, as you have stated, why not report or make a statement. Remind people that Trenton is still out there somewhere?

JMO

Since I haven't gotten their permission to post their name on here (and I doubt I will for various reasons that I won't get into), I will just say that it is a close family member on Josh's side of the family. I fully believe this person 100% regarding the information they told me last night.

As for why they haven't made a statement, all I can say is that according to the person I spoke with, the father of the boy is providing documentation regarding his identity and LE is going to verify it. How they are doing that, I don't know. I'm assuming it is a birth certificate, but even that would have to be verified. I'm assuming they would talk to neighbors, friends, etc. And if they needed to, get DNA (as many have mentioned). Maybe (and this is just a guess) no one is making a formal statement until they have investigated everything fully.

People on here can choose to believe what I've posted or not. I don't have a link (as I mentioned), so I am perfectly fine with people treating it as a rumor. The person I spoke with is someone that I consider a friend and I'm not going to post anything on any message board that I think they might not like (including who they are). It's not a "big secret" or anything, but I wouldn't post anything about a friend of mine regardless of what it is unless I had their permission. Just a personal rule of mine.

I'd love to have incorrect information about this. I pray every day that little Trenton returns home. I trust my friend, though, and unless there is some reason they would lie (ie, some sort of weird covert police thing), I completely believe what I have been told.

Edited to add: I think the boy looks exactly like Trenton. I got unbelievably excited when I saw this. I thought, "Finally!!! He is coming home! What a miracle!" I hope and pray that my friend is lying through their teeth for some reason....or got wrong information from LE....or something....anything. But, as of now, I believe what I have been told.

Since I haven't gotten their permission to post their name on here (and I doubt I will for various reasons that I won't get into), I will just say that it is a close family member on Josh's side of the family. I fully believe this person 100% regarding the information they told me last night.

As for why they haven't made a statement, all I can say is that according to the person I spoke with, the father of the boy is providing documentation regarding his identity and LE is going to verify it. How they are doing that, I don't know. I'm assuming it is a birth certificate, but even that would have to be verified. Maybe (and this is just a guess) no one is making a formal statement until they have investigated everything fully.

People on here can choose to believe what I've posted or not. I don't have a link (as I mentioned), so I am perfectly fine with people treating it as a rumor. The person I spoke with is someone that I consider a friend and I'm not going to post anything on any message board that I think they might not like (including who they are). It's not a "big secret" or anything, but I wouldn't post anything about a friend of mine regardless of what it is unless I had their permission. Just a personal rule of mine.

I'd love to have incorrect information about this. I pray every day that little Trenton returns home. I trust my friend, though, and unless there is some reason they would lie (ie, some sort of weird covert police thing), I completely believe what I have been told.

I certainly appreciate you getting back to us on this. I believe what you are saying. As a matter of fact, your input is the ONLY communication from Josh's family anywhere. And since it is from a family member, and not Josh himself, I am surprised that they know and the grandparents don't. Meaning that LE talks to the ducketts, but never to the GPs. I assume it's based on the fact that even though they have no evidence and have even publicly admitted that they have no idea where Trenton is, but still hold to the belief that Melinda killed Trenton.

My question is why didn't Josh jump on the band wagaon to get Trenton's name out there when the video came out on Wesh. Didn't Wesh contact him first? It was reported in the newspaper that Josh was the "spokesperson" for Ronald Cummings (gimmeabreak) and the Anthony Family.

Josh Duckett, father of missing child Trenton Duckett rushed right to Satsuma following the memorial service for Caylee Anthony last week. He offered his support to Cummings along with Cindy and George Anthony, Caylee’s grandparents. Duckett has since become Ronald Cummings spokesperson.
http://www.examiner.com/x-3757-Orlando-Crime-Examiner~y2009m2d16-Search-for-Hailey-scaling-back

As Shadow pointed out earlier, there was a sighting of a child LE thought could be Trenton in Texas. But a "family member" and I know who also stated that Josh and his mother couldn't be bothered to go check it out. But Josh instead has a tattoo of Trenton on his side. And Ronald Cummings has a tattoo of Haleigh and Junior on legs. How sweet of them.

I hope this is true and not a rumor. It reminds me of when the myspace picture was going around that looked just like Tionda Bradley, very very similiar but the gals father provided documentation (birth cert, school records from prior to Tionda's disappearance) which ruled her out before necessitating a dna test.

I hope Trenton is found, but if this picture isn't him, I find it rather frightening that publishing a child's picture in a magazine could bring LE upon parents. How scarey that LE might want to take your child away if you cannot immediately provide a birth certificate or authenticity that this is your child.

As for why they haven't made a statement, all I can say is that according to the person I spoke with, the father of the boy is providing documentation regarding his identity and LE is going to verify it. How they are doing that, I don't know. I'm assuming it is a birth certificate, but even that would have to be verified. I'm assuming they would talk to neighbors, friends, etc. And if they needed to, get DNA (as many have mentioned). Maybe (and this is just a guess) no one is making a formal statement until they have investigated everything fully.

Edited to add: I think the boy looks exactly like Trenton. I got unbelievably excited when I saw this. I thought, "Finally!!! He is coming home! What a miracle!" I hope and pray that my friend is lying through their teeth for some reason....or got wrong information from LE....or something....anything. But, as of now, I believe what I have been told.

Thank You so much for this post. I too was soooooooo excited when I saw the picture to me it looks like Trenton.I do not know the family but Trenton,Josh and Carla have been in my prayers since he first went missing. I hope LE is not just going by a birth certificate since they probably can be bought, I hope DNA is done. I will keep looking for him, but I am so very sad.
I was hoping with all my heart that Trenton was found.

I hope Trenton is found, but if this picture isn't him, I find it rather frightening that publishing a child's picture in a magazine could bring LE upon parents. How scarey that LE might want to take your child away if you cannot immediately provide a birth certificate or authenticity that this is your child.

As a parent and grandparent I feel LE has a right to question any of us about a child who looks like a missing or abducted child.Just image for 1 second if that was your child missing, wouldn't you want LE to find your child. Why would it be scarey if its your child showing a birth certificate or even taking a dna test really is not a big deal. IMO

As a parent and grandparent I feel LE has a right to question any of us about a child who looks like a missing or abducted child.Just image for 1 second if that was your child missing, wouldn't you want LE to find your child. Why would it be scarey if its your child showing a birth certificate or even taking a dna test really is not a big deal. IMO

Some parents aren't like us, where they have a BC right at hand. Some parents may need to send to another state or country for a BC.

I'm just trying to look at this from both perspectives. If someone came knocking at my door, wanting to take my child if I couldn't immediately prove the child was mine - this would be very concerning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11
Back