FL FL - Trenton Duckett, 2, Leesburg, 27 Aug 2006

I gotta say that Trenton's case captivates me. I continue to wonder whatever happened to him.

I've always thought Melinda killed him, but whether by accident or on purpose is what I can't figure out. And where she put him. I think in that park where she did that 3 part interview. Sweet little boy. I wonder how grandparents (the ones in Florida) are doing.

I've always thought Melinda killed him, but whether by accident or on purpose is what I can't figure out. And where she put him. I think in that park where she did that 3 part interview. Sweet little boy. I wonder how grandparents (the ones in Florida) are doing.

I sadly agree that Trenton is most likely gone from this life. Yes, investigate sightings, but searching for a "live" Trenton is not going to lead to a live Trenton anymore than searching for a live Caylee Anthony resulted in finding a live Caylee Anthony. This mother had serious psychological issues, and was clearly coming apart mentally. The one thing that makes me think she was responsible for Trenton's demise is that she committed suicide. My reasoning is that a loving mother would hold out hope of finding her child alive,or at the very least would want to turn over every stone until answers were found. As a mother I could not bear to kill myself without knowing what had happened to my child. She knew exactly what happened to her child, and for that reason she committed suicide. JMHO, MOO

I allways beleived this case was a recovery from the second we seen her on nancy grace . It was like a jellous BF or Gf where one says if i cant have him no one will. I think she was that pissed off , she new she was gonna loose him once the bank charged her and the police looked in to that email she sent herself saying it was from JD and she basically said to herself over my dead body if i cant have my son and do everything i want my way then u cant have him neither . That's why she killed TD , so J D would never take him from her and she new the not knowing what happend would kill him inside forever...I think this whole thing was more about her wanting to hurt the father more then anything else and she would go to any length to make sure he never got trenton.

Was NG ever called to account for the interview before Melinda killed herself?

Badhorsie this is the latest coverage I could find:

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_wires/2008Aug01/0,4675,MissingBoy,00.html

Friday, August 01, 2008

...A federal judge has refused to dismiss a lawsuit that claims CNN's Nancy Grace pushed the mother of a missing toddler to suicide through aggressive questioning.

CNN and Grace argued the wrongful death lawsuit brought by Melinda Duckett's family would "severely chill" journalists' coverage of missing-persons cases. But U.S. District Judge William Terrell Hodges on Thursday denied their motion to dismiss the lawsuit.

From other articles the tenative date of the lawsuit to begin is 2010. It looks as though the wrongful death lawsuit will proceed.

I allways beleived this case was a recovery from the second we seen her on nancy grace . It was like a jellous BF or Gf where one says if i cant have him no one will. I think she was that pissed off , she new she was gonna loose him once the bank charged her and the police looked in to that email she sent herself saying it was from JD and she basically said to herself over my dead body if i cant have my son and do everything i want my way then u cant have him neither . That's why she killed TD , so J D would never take him from her and she new the not knowing what happend would kill him inside forever...I think this whole thing was more about her wanting to hurt the father more then anything else and she would go to any length to make sure he never got trenton.

BBM

I think you make a very very strong point here. I do believe that Trenton is dead. I definitely agree that Melinda committing suicide does not seem to be the act of a horribly worried mother who has no idea where her son is. You don't kill yourself unless you know for sure your child ain't coming home.

And the hostility and animosity between Melinda and Josh could have been completely inducive to something like what you theorize. She decides she won't lose Trenton to Josh and maybe thinks Trenton is better off dead than with her or Josh and so she kills Trenton, reports him missing then offs herself and leaves Josh to wonder and worry for the rest of his life at the possibility that his little boy is out there somewhere.

I used to think MD was guilty but theres alot of VERY interesting info out there about JD (some on W/S)& his family & how hes treated another woman who had his baby AFTER Trenton went missing.
Im totally on the fence about this case!
As for NG.......I wouldnt say shes blameless but I wouldnt hold her responsible(does that make sense LOL?).I wish she grilled some of her other guests as hard as she did MD!!!!!!!!!

Wow, VE...that intrigues me about the other info out there about Josh...would you mind pointing me in the right direction? May I ask...what do you make then of MD killing herself if you think there is a chance she isn't guilty?

There are many times I don't agree w/ Nancy Grace and cringe at things she says but I am with you...I wish she grilled others as hard as she did MD.

While Trenton Duckett may be dead, I am unsure why many do not believe that there is even a remote possibility that he is alive somewhere. With all that has come out on Melinda's past, which has obviously been one sided, and all the information that have come out about the Ducketts and their close friends and familiy members, I can see that there is a good possibility he is alive and well somewhere. With the ongoing cycle of Josh's past and present, looking back now, why is it impossible that Melinda handed Trenton off to someone and committed suicide so that she would not give the information of where Trenton is? If Melinda truly felt that Trenton was in danger or that she would not be able to keep from losing custody to Josh and was worried about what would happen to Trenton, I could see that she might hand him off. Remember, the pressure was building on her, LE wanted to talk to her, take a LDT, etc. If she handed Trenton off and then thought she might break under pressure or give any information of where he may be, this could be the reason for the suicide. This would also make her suicide note more understandable.
Again, I cannot say for sure what happened, alive or dead, Melinda, the Ducketts, or someone else, but I do believe that there is a story to tell that has yet to be told, but will......

I suppose anything is possible clearmystic but I just don't see a mom killing herself unless she knows without a doubt that she will never see her "missing" child again.

She may have passed TD off to someone else to keep him from JD but why kill herself? If her child's life was that important to her then I would think she could keep the secret of where he was. She could have just left it at the point that he was missing. If she handed him off to someone she trusted why not stay alive to keep in touch w/ that person to make sure TD was healthy and happy and growing?

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me otherwise. JMO.

Wow, VE...that intrigues me about the other info out there about Josh...would you mind pointing me in the right direction? May I ask...what do you make then of MD killing herself if you think there is a chance she isn't guilty?

There are many times I don't agree w/ Nancy Grace and cringe at things she says but I am with you...I wish she grilled others as hard as she did MD.

Its on the thread about the pic of the boy from the magazine maybe being Trenton.I will search & find it!!!!!!!

Deep down I think little Trenton is probably with the angels, but I can never completely give up hope until there's proof.

Could Melinda have been planning to kill herself for a while and she gave Trenton to somebody else so that Josh couldn't end up with him?

This case is what brought me to Websleuths! I still think of Trenton all the time. I have a little boy just a little younger than Trenton would be now.

While Trenton Duckett may be dead, I am unsure why many do not believe that there is even a remote possibility that he is alive somewhere. With all that has come out on Melinda's past, which has obviously been one sided, and all the information that have come out about the Ducketts and their close friends and familiy members, I can see that there is a good possibility he is alive and well somewhere. With the ongoing cycle of Josh's past and present, looking back now, why is it impossible that Melinda handed Trenton off to someone and committed suicide so that she would not give the information of where Trenton is? If Melinda truly felt that Trenton was in danger or that she would not be able to keep from losing custody to Josh and was worried about what would happen to Trenton, I could see that she might hand him off. Remember, the pressure was building on her, LE wanted to talk to her, take a LDT, etc. If she handed Trenton off and then thought she might break under pressure or give any information of where he may be, this could be the reason for the suicide. This would also make her suicide note more understandable.
Again, I cannot say for sure what happened, alive or dead, Melinda, the Ducketts, or someone else, but I do believe that there is a story to tell that has yet to be told, but will......
You make good points, another angle I hadn't thought of, killing herself so that what happened would not be revealed. I do agree there has to be other sides to this story.

My heart is heavy today thinking of Trenton on the 3rd anniversary of his disappearance! There is not a day that goes by that I do not think of him & wonder what happened to him & where he is, whether it be his resting place for the past 3 yrs or with someone. His disappearance still tugs at my heart strings & I will forever hold a spot in my heart for a child that I did not know.

May he soon be brought home, one way or another, so that his family can finally have closure!

Still wondering where you are baby Trenton!

Haleigh Cummings, Trenton Duckett: New developments in each case

Caylee Anthony still gets most of the headlines, but the sagas of missing children Trenton Duckett and Haleigh Cummings continue to produce headlines.

[snip]

A vigil for Trenton will be held 8 tonight at the Leesburg City Hall. The boy disappeared three years ago.

The former lead detective talked exclusively to Mike DeForest of WKMG-Channel 6. Rich Giles, who is retired from the Leesburg Police Department, continues to explore Trenton's case and wants to find answers for the family. He believes the child is dead and points to a pillow, later found in a dumpster, that had the boy's DNA on it. Giles is suspicious of Melinda Duckett, the boy's mother. Giles had planned to confront her three years ago, but was stunned to learn she had killed herself.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...on-duckett-new-developments-in-each-case.html

Trenton Duckett case, 3 years later

It has been three years since the disappearance of Trenton Duckett; his family is still looking for answers and hoping he will be found.

Thursday night Trenton's dad Josh Duckett held a vigil for missing children, many local families in search of their missing loved ones attended. They say the news out of California about the missing girl found alive 18 years after she was kidnapped and held captive gives them hope that their children will someday come home.

[snip]

Leesburg Police Department says the Duckett case is still active and they are looking back into the case to make sure they haven’t missed a possible lead. If you have any information on either case you are asked to call law enforcement.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/lake_news/082709_Duckett_case_3_years_later

New hope for parents of missing kids

The discovery of a California woman missing for the last 18 years brings renewed hope to Florida families with children still missing. This week, authorities found 29-year-old Jaycee Lee Dugard alive and living with a convicted sex offender, after she was kidnapped as an 11-year-old on her way to the bus stop.

[snip]

A vigil in Leesburg Thursday marked three years since Trenton Duckett disappeared. Police say they are following leads that will hopefully take them to the now four-year-old. Zachary Bernhardt was abducted from his mother's home in Clearwater almost nine years ago. The boy's aunt says the Dugard case also brings the family new hope.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/New_hope_parents_missing_kids_082809

Wouldn't it be great if Trenton was found safe along with so many missing children. In my heart I don't think it will ever happen for Trenton, but the hope is still there.

Does anyone remember the stewardess who thought she saw Trenton on the flight and the FBI talked to the parents of the boy. (I don't remember the link and please don't ask me to find it.)They had the boy's birth certificate with them.The FBI ended up releasing them saying the child was not Trenton? I have always wondered about that. How could they have determined that those were not fake documents and why would the parents just happen to have the child's birth certificate with them on a flight? I will always wonder if that was really Trenton.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11
Back