GUILTY FL - Tristyn Bailey, 13, found deceased, St Johns Co, 9 May 2021 *14 yo Arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think JV was rehabilitated.

James Bulger's killer Jon Venables guilty over child *advertiser censored* | Daily Mail Online

• Jon Venables was one of two boys behind the 1993 murder of James Bulger
  • The killer was freed from prison while still in his teens and given a new identity
  • He returned to jail in 2010 for having child *advertiser censored* but was freed again
  • Today he admitted a similar charge and was sent back to prison for a third time
  • Judge jailed him for 40 months, branding images 'heartbreaking, barbarous evil'
  • Venables adds to his victim's family's torment by offering them 'an apology'
My point was that he hasn't been involved in any more violence and he was deemed to be the follower and Thompson the ringleader. Thompson has not been in any more trouble.
They are both under lifelong licence which is like parole.

Scary. Age 14. Is rehabilitation possible here? I wouldn't want him living next door. So, no. Edmund Kemper murdered his grandparents at age 15, and was let out of the facility. He became a serial killer.

Edmund Kemper - Wikipedia

I don't know if rehabilitation is possible with cases like this. And I will add... think of the victim's loved ones. I can't remember the case (maybe someone will help me out) but many years ago a young man was abducted (from a Subway restaurant parking lot - he was there just to get his girlfriend a sandwich). He was taken to a drug hangout, brutally murdered by 15 and 17 yr olds (they stole his bank card, retrieved money and used it to buy drugs). These murderers were sentenced as adults LWOP. Over the years they fought to have their cases retried... finally, they did and were once again sentenced to LWOP. They still continued to fight the sentence using the Miller v Alabama ruling and just recently (last few weeks) it was finally decided the case would not be heard... the criminals cannot fight in court any longer. All of this has taken place over years and years... the victims mother had to face all of this in court each time for years and years. It seems heartbreaking to me.

JMO

I really don't know what the answer is. The important thing is that justice is served for Tristyn and her family. The best option for the killer may be to ensure he never has an opportunity to hurt anybody again. At least he has the chance to be re-evaluated as an adult to consider his sentence.

SBM BBM

MOO--I know I've posted this before, and it's a very hard line, but my feeling is that AF should be able to come home when Tristyn is able to come home. That seems fair to me.

I have zero interest in his being reevaluated as an adult. None. Stay in jail forever. He can't redeem himself in any way as far as I'm concerned, because Tristyn isn't ever coming home, and the manner of her death was so so so overwhelmingly brutal. To ensure he never has an opportunity to hurt anybody again, he can't be out in society.

If I recall the Colombine killers, both boys had gone for counseling beforehand and faked their way through it all, and the therapists had deemed them rehabilated from whatever antisocial things they had done at the time. Then they did Colombine.

I doubt many will agree with me, but this is IMO.

SBM BBM

MOO--I know I've posted this before, and it's a very hard line, but my feeling is that AF should be able to come home when Tristyn is able to come home. That seems fair to me.

I have zero interest in his being reevaluated as an adult. None. Stay in jail forever. He can't redeem himself in any way as far as I'm concerned, because Tristyn isn't ever coming home, and the manner of her death was so so so overwhelmingly brutal. To ensure he never has an opportunity to hurt anybody again, he can't be out in society.

If I recall the Colombine killers, both boys had gone for counseling beforehand and faked their way through it all, and the therapists had deemed them rehabilated from whatever antisocial things they had done at the time. Then they did Colombine.

I doubt many will agree with me, but this is IMO.
I'm not sure why you bolded the last part of my post and then left out the most important sentence.

By "at least," I didn't mean that at least he has a chance to receive a lighter sentence, or that he is capable of rehabilitation. I meant at least he has opportunities while Tristyn will never have a chance at anything, ever again.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why you bolded the last part of my post and then left out the most important sentence.

By "at least," I didn't mean that at least he has a chance to receive a lighter sentence. I meant at least he has opportunities while Tristyn will never have a chance at anything, ever again.

Hi, @MsBetsy. I quoted what was the most important sentence to me. I believe I do understand what you meant, but we just disagree and that's fine.

IMO I want him to have NO opportunities. He imposed the death penalty and I'd be fine if he received it. Since he can't, I'm in favor of LWOP and I'm not eager for him to have any opportunities for anything, but to think about what he's done until he dies in prison.

I'd feel differently if he were 10 and didn't truly grasp the ramifications of what he'd done. At 14, I believe he does. I've taught untold numbers of 14 year olds. They are impulsive but they know what death is and they know the result of stabbing someone 114 times. Add to that the premeditation and IMO if he ever sees the light of day, he will be a recidivist.

We agree to disagree.

Hi, @MsBetsy. I quoted what was the most important sentence to me. I believe I do understand what you meant, but we just disagree and that's fine.

IMO I want him to have NO opportunities. He imposed the death penalty and I'd be fine if he received it. Since he can't, I'm in favor of LWOP and I'm not eager for him to have any opportunities for anything, but to think about what he's done until he dies in prison.

I'd feel differently if he were 10 and didn't truly grasp the ramifications of what he'd done. At 14, I believe he does. I've taught untold numbers of 14 year olds. They are impulsive but they know what death is and they know the result of stabbing someone 114 times. Add to that the premeditation and IMO if he ever sees the light of day, he will be a recidivist.

We agree to disagree.
Well, as I stated, some children are not amenable to treatment. I believe this is one of those cases. I do not believe being re-evaluated as an adult is going to make one bit of difference for him. He is not going to "learn" how to feel empathy or how to show remorse. I don't know about the death penalty (I thought juveniles were ineligible,) but I think there's a pretty good chance he will be sentenced to life. As I said, juveniles who serve time in adult prisons are much more likely to reoffend, and if he hadn't been caught, he would have killed again.

It's fine that we disagree, I just didn't want my post to be misinterpreted.

ETA Where I live, any child who commits murder is charged as an adult, even if they are 10 years old or younger. So in some states, age is not a factor at all.

Last edited:
Well, that was "before" the details were revealed. Some children are just not amenable to treatment.

I don't see why his attorney can't have him evaluated to determine whether or not there is a chance he would benefit from treatment. However, if he were to be placed in a juvenile detention center he would likely be a danger to other inmates.

On the other hand, juveniles placed in adult prisons are more likely to be subject to sexual abuse and violence. It wouldn't do him any good to be isolated and alone until he's 18 and then moved into the adult population.

Also, I think juveniles in adult prisons are much more likely to reoffend upon release than adults. Apparently mental health treatment is practically non-existent.

It's too bad they don't have a juvenile facility for violent offenders. But then again, most kids don't fantasize about murder and then follow through with it.

I really don't know what the answer is. The important thing is that justice is served for Tristyn and her family. The best option for the killer may be to ensure he never has an opportunity to hurt anybody again. At least he has the chance to be re-evaluated as an adult to consider his sentence.

Tristyn will never have the chance to do anything, ever again.

Tristyn's untimely murder changed her family's lives forever. #Bailey7

I heard a reporter explain that Aiden will not be mingling in prison with adults. Instead, he'll be placed among other violent offenders who are also minors. Hence, when he becomes an adult at age 18, there will be a reevaluation conducted to determine his ability to maintain civilized standards in the general population successfully or the lack thereof.

If he is deemed as a danger to the public, then he'll be cycled among other adult prisoners at that time.

Currently, he's serving his punishment in a facility located in a different city/county meant for youthful felons. Is it located in Destin?

IOW, St Johns County, where the crime(s) occurred does not have suitable housing units equipped for this Murder 1 inmate. I agree Aiden should be provided mental health treatment and possibly medications straight away.

There's a red pill, a blue pill but, unfortunately, not a pill that can purify his heart and mind.

Why would he viciously commit a felonious crime at 14yo unless this dude just doesn't care about anyone, anything, including his own freedom?

JMHO since I don't have the link handy.

I'm based in the UK and this case really reminds me of a recent case on the isle of bute of 6 year old Aleisha Mcphail who was abducted and murdered by a 16 year old boy. During the trial he admitted to trying not to laugh at some of the evidence.

In my opinion I think when a child commits such a horrific crime at such a young age and shows no remorse I do not believe there is room for rehabilitation. AF is not as young as other child murderers to be rehabilitated but is old enough to know what he did was wrong yet the snapchat photo is boasting. He has shown no remorse whatsoever. Here is some of the similarities to the case I've referenced above.

Alesha MacPhail's mum urges people not to watch documentary about Aaron Campbell

Monster Aaron Campbell was 16 when he abducted, raped and murdered little Alesha on the Isle of Bute.The teen savagely killed the schoolgirl and dumped her body in the grounds of a former hotel. She was discovered to have suffered a total of 117 injuries.

Campbell previously sickeningly told a friend he wanted to commit a murder Leading psychologist Emma Kenny to describe Campbell as ‘sadistic’ and concluded he would always be a risk to others.

She said: “It's incomprehensible for any rational human being to imagine going into a room, seeing a beautiful, defenceless, vulnerable six-year-old and automatically thinking 'I want to murder her'. “But that's the difference between a potential psychopath and a normal, functioning human being. “He didn't know what he wanted for his future but he wanted in his present was to carry out an ambition and that was to take a life.

Trial judge Lord Matthews said the teenager had shown a “staggering lack of remorse” and his account of the killing had been “coldblooded and horrific”.

I'm based in the UK and this case really reminds me of a recent case on the isle of bute of 6 year old Aleisha Mcphail who was abducted and murdered by a 16 year old boy. During the trial he admitted to trying not to laugh at some of the evidence.

In my opinion I think when a child commits such a horrific crime at such a young age and shows no remorse I do not believe there is room for rehabilitation. AF is not as young as other child murderers to be rehabilitated but is old enough to know what he did was wrong yet the snapchat photo is boasting. He has shown no remorse whatsoever. Here is some of the similarities to the case I've referenced above.

Alesha MacPhail's mum urges people not to watch documentary about Aaron Campbell

Monster Aaron Campbell was 16 when he abducted, raped and murdered little Alesha on the Isle of Bute.The teen savagely killed the schoolgirl and dumped her body in the grounds of a former hotel. She was discovered to have suffered a total of 117 injuries.

Campbell previously sickeningly told a friend he wanted to commit a murder Leading psychologist Emma Kenny to describe Campbell as ‘sadistic’ and concluded he would always be a risk to others.

She said: “It's incomprehensible for any rational human being to imagine going into a room, seeing a beautiful, defenceless, vulnerable six-year-old and automatically thinking 'I want to murder her'. “But that's the difference between a potential psychopath and a normal, functioning human being. “He didn't know what he wanted for his future but he wanted in his present was to carry out an ambition and that was to take a life.

Trial judge Lord Matthews said the teenager had shown a “staggering lack of remorse” and his account of the killing had been “coldblooded and horrific”.
IMO it was far more likely he thought to himself 'I want to rape her, and I can'.

IMO it was far more likely he thought to himself 'I want to rape her, and I can'.

Yes quite possibly that is how the crime started. Afterwards he went on to stab her 117 times...this is overkill! She was 6 years old and posed no threat to him whatsoever so to me this shows an element of enjoyment of the actual killing which at 14 years old I'm not sure you could ever 'rehabilitate' that out of someone.

A “whole life order” without possibility of parole is very rare in the UK even for adults, isn’t it?
And even when there is a whole life order, they can be released on appeal or the Home Secretary can grant release when they get old or in ill health.

From your link:
“He was sentenced to life in prison with a minimum of 27 years in March last year, however that term was later cut to 24 years on appeal.”

“Lord Matthews said that in setting the term of 27 years, necessarily shorter than if Campbell had been an adult, it was clear to him that “reintegration or rehabilitation are remote possibilities”.
Aaron Campbell jailed for life for murder of Alesha MacPhail

Tristyn's untimely murder changed her family's lives forever. #Bailey7

I heard a reporter explain that Aiden will not be mingling in prison with adults. Instead, he'll be placed among other violent offenders who are also minors. Hence, when he becomes an adult at age 18, there will be a reevaluation conducted to determine his ability to maintain civilized standards in the general population successfully or the lack thereof.

If he is deemed as a danger to the public, then he'll be cycled among other adult prisoners at that time.

Currently, he's serving his punishment in a facility located in a different city/county meant for youthful felons. Is it located in Destin?

IOW, St Johns County, where the crime(s) occurred does not have suitable housing units equipped for this Murder 1 inmate. I agree Aiden should be provided mental health treatment and possibly medications straight away.

There's a red pill, a blue pill but, unfortunately, not a pill that can purify his heart and mind.

Why would he viciously commit a felonious crime at 14yo unless this dude just doesn't care about anyone, anything, including his own freedom?

JMHO since I don't have the link handy.
Yes, initially he was in a juvenile detention center but now he's in an adult prison, separated from adults. If he is convicted, the sentence is 25 years to life.

If he receives a life sentence, he will be eligible for re-evaluation at age 25. I don't know about an evaluation at age 18. I think that was only if he was tried in juvenile court. He will automatically be housed with other adults when he turns 18.

It will be interesting to see what Aiden's defense will be. I'm sure they will ask for psychological evaluations and therapy. Personality Disorders are hard to treat, if he does have ASPD or something similar. Especially in prison. That's why I don't think he will be much different when he's re-evaluated. If anything, he will regress and his symptoms will be more prominent after being in prison for ten years. He will basically grow up in a prison cell with no positive role models.

I think you're right, though, that he may not even care about his own freedom. He probably won't care much for therapy and medication, either. Imo

When I was 16 a guy my same age in my same town (different high school) brutally murdered a little girl he was "babysitting" (shady) and had intended to do the same to her brother but he hid and ultimately escaped. Nobody in our community wants that guy to get paroled. His own family regularly spearheads the petitions as his parole dates roll up but people from all over the world sign them online as well. I think this will turn out to be the same type of person

Scary. Age 14. Is rehabilitation possible here? I wouldn't want him living next door. So, no. Edmund Kemper murdered his grandparents at age 15, and was let out of the facility. He became a serial killer.

Edmund Kemper - Wikipedia
Big Ed, on the other hand, I think is actually finished with killing now that he killed his mother too. He more or less gave up once that was done and accepted a life in prison. He absolutely deserves to be in prison for the rest of his life but I think he could also be scientifically fascinating to be studied under constant observation with what he would do if he were released. I think he would probably agree to lifelong recording like that too. I would say he's my "favorite" serial killer.

Do we think the trial will be open to public and press? Or no because of his age.
I'm not sure.
"
The arraignment in St. Johns County court is slated for an in-person hearing at 9 a.m. June 10. It could be the first time Fucci appears in court in person. His previous court appearances have been conducted virtually.

It’s possible his attorney will file a motion to waive Fucci’s appearance, which means the attorney appears alone on Fucci’s behalf and Fucci does not have to be present in the courtroom."

Arraignment set for Aiden Fucci in Tristyn Bailey murder case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member