FL - Two women murdered on Tamiami Trail on diff days, Sarasota, Feb-Mar'22 *Arrest*

doublestop

Reaction score
(Question regarding the statement below: does Marsy's law keep victims from being identified?)

The Sarasota Police Department is conducting two death investigations that are considered suspicious and are both classified as homicide investigations.

The first death investigation began Friday, February 25, 2022. An adult woman, age 48, of Sarasota, was found dead near the Centennial Park boat ramp, 1000 block of North Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, just before 5 p.m. The woman’s death is considered suspicious and is now classified as a homicide investigation.

The second death investigation began Thursday, March 10, 2022. A second adult woman, age 59, of Sarasota, was found dead near the 1900 block of North Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, near the shore of Whitaker Bayou, just before 4 p.m. The woman’s death is considered suspicious and is now classified as a homicide.

It’s unknown if the two women knew one another or if the suspect or suspects knows the victims. The identities of the women are protected under Marsy’s Law. Additional details regarding the circumstances surrounding these deaths are under investigation. As information becomes available, the Sarasota Police Department will release it to the public but certain details cannot be released at this time to safeguard the investigation.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=333917752103136&set=a.305576304937281

SPD replied to multiple comments that mentioned "serial killer".

BBM
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=333917752103136&set=a.305576304937281
11 Mar 2022 3:42 PM
We aren’t putting a title on this - we don’t know. What we do know is two families are mourning the loss of their loved ones. We want to give these families justice and take those responsible off the street.

We aren’t putting a title on this - we don’t know. What we do know is two families are mourning the loss of their loved ones. We want to give these families justice and take those responsible off the street.

i saw this as well that anyone who said stuff like " do we have a serial killer" they posted the message you provided

will be interesting to get more info about the two ladies, demographics, occupation , ethnicity etc

Both locations are within one mile of each other. The possibility exists that both bodies entered into the water from the same origin and could have drifted to either location, as they are "open" water. The 1900 body location seems to be up a canal / river, but it is right at the mouth - so again, easy for a current to carry the body there from nearby.

This part of town is a weird mix of trashy and ritzy. It is undergoing a revamp and presently there can't be any assumption re: victim. In the past, the Tamiami Trail area (especially north of there) would have been known as an area for prostitution. Due to efforts of the police and the evolving gentrification of the area, we can't be so quick to presume the victims are prostitutes. Serial killer targeting hookers is a possible profile to be considered, though.

I live here, near the Sarasota airport not far from either murder. The Bayfront Park is getting a huge infusion of cash with some pretty lovely upgrades. But once this started a few years ago, the homeless moved right in.

I used to go sit on the bench and watch the sunset. Last time I went, my friend joined me and during our visit, 3 single ladies with dogs had to get up and leave. The homeless man with an unleashed dog couldn't control him. Finally the officer came over but it was too late, people just started leaving.

JMO, all my opinion as a resident since 2008.

The Sarasota Bayfront Master Plan
The Bay Sarasota - The Bay Sarasota

upload_2022-3-12_22-14-27.png

The second murder location is even closer and in my opinion, it is a known trail for crimes. Every time we hear a helicopter, there's a runner..... they're looking for someone who did something. Drug busts are more common than prostitution. My guess would be neither of these women were in the business of prostitution. LE has cracked down considerably on that industry. I wonder if they were out running/jogging, walking dogs, walking to/from a restaurant or other business.

The influx of people to Sarasota has been ungodly in the last year. The increase in crime has been unbelievable. The traffic is horrendous. There is no housing, none. JMO and please, if you're visiting here, be very aware of your surroundings and carry mace or something. Stay away from the parks near downtown after sunset. Nothing good is ever going on at that point.

upload_2022-3-12_22-17-27.png

The second murder location is even closer and in my opinion, it is a known trail for crimes. Every time we hear a helicopter, there's a runner..... they're looking for someone who did something. Drug busts are more common than prostitution. My guess would be neither of these women were in the business of prostitution. LE has cracked down considerably on that industry. I wonder if they were out running/jogging, walking dogs, walking to/from a restaurant or other business.

The influx of people to Sarasota has been ungodly in the last year. The increase in crime has been unbelievable. The traffic is horrendous. There is no housing, none. JMO and please, if you're visiting here, be very aware of your surroundings and carry mace or something. Stay away from the parks near downtown after sunset. Nothing good is ever going on at that point.

View attachment 336280

were they found in the water or on the trails?

@PayrollNerd - It is always helpful to have a local posting here, thanks!

I believe that LE had no trouble ID'ing each woman, e.g. age is known, quick turn around, and both are residents of Sarasota. Sometimes ID can be so delayed with transient populations like homeless, sex workers, drug users. Don't they both seem a bit mature in age for that lifestyle? Scary! I hope LE releases more info. soon.

View attachment 336280
We stayed at the Westin Sarasota in the fall of 2020. It was beautiful and a short walk to downtown. We noticed some sketchy people for sure. The worst was the obvious drug addict begging outside First Watch one morning when we had breakfast. I was shocked they were that in your face, over here in the West Palm area they keep this stuff out of the downtown area as much as possible.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back