GUILTY FL - Wayne Treacy for savage beating of 15yo girl, Deerfield Beach, 17 March 2010

kbl--I'm sorry you found your Grandpa. That must have been awful, even though anticipated. But you held it together. You put one foot in front of the other even throughout a horrible time.

Look at the soldiers who see the most horrid visions in the world. Most can return to being loving and tender and do the right thing when another upsetting event occurs. My dad served in combat in Japan and never raised his voice to me. Sadly, some can't. A traumatic event can set them off.

I happen to believe that some people's brains just can go haywire. They were either that way since birth, a trauma or illness created the misfire or a combination of both.

You've never seen me have a grand mal seizure. I'm not the girl you think you know. Screaming, fighting, head-butting, biting, running away...the effects of a brain gone awry. Awful, but part of my daily life. Had one three hours ago after hearing a siren and look at me now. You wouldn't have known if I wouldn't have told you. The brain is a scary piece of machinery.

Try not to judge this awful act until we know what the whole story is. Please.

he went there with the intent to do this....thats all i need to judge.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...-in-deerfield-beach-middle-school-386910.html

"There is this culture of callousness with kids today," said Broward Sheriff Al Lamberti. "Whether it's the video games or the rap music, I don't know."

Lamberti said Treacy and Ratley barely knew each other and that they were texting each other's cell phones because Ratley was the go-between for Treacy and the 13-year-old girl, who did not have a cell phone.

After Treacy started sending text messages to Ratley's phone Wednesday, Ratley messaged back to tell him that she did not approve of his relationship with the 13-year-old, Lamberti said. The texting exchange lasted about an hour, during which Ratley made a disparaging remark about Treacy's deceased brother, Lamberti said.

Treacy then sent text messages to other friends, saying he was going to kill Ratley and break her neck, Feeley said.

Treacy then got on his bike and pedaled from his home to the middle school, about three miles away.

When he reached the school, he almost attacked the wrong girl, Lamberti said. Then Treacy met up with the 13-year-old girl, who directed him to Ratley, going so far as to point out a girl wearing a red shirt and black book bag, and then watched as Treacy beat her, Feeley said.

JosieLouRatley_271981k.jpg

oh yeah rap music did it.

how about people are just plain evil?
\
sick of this

'sent text messages saying he was gonna kill her and break her neck'.

i dont care what his issues are, he knew what he was doing, he planned it out

when i was 15 i loved rap and heavy metal, strange i never tried to break anyone's neck, i guess

what im saying is, he made a conscious choice to do this, whatever issues he was dealing with over his brother didnt make him insane.....he knew what he was doing, he chose evil over good.

Unless you've lived inside a brain that is broken, you can't imagine not knowing what you might do.

Sometimes people forget that as we age or experience trauma or major illness, the brain can turn on us or those around us. It's not always a conscious thing. The brain is a complex organ leading a body to do the unthinkable, the unimaginable, the unexpected.

I once had a healthy brain and I'm trying so hard to explain what it feels like to not possess the trust in your ability to make appropriate choices. To not know from one moment to the next what might happen what you might do. To know that one cannot control laughter or tears or baseless screaming. To know that you can start out headed for the kitchen and end up in a neighbor's house. To try to go down the stairs and fall and lie there looking at the sky all day. To literally throw a beloved dog off your lap because you thought she burned you or to release your arms from around an infant and drop it. To reach over and bite a loved one. To start a sentence and wake up five hours later with no memory of where you were. To not remember your grandchild's name nor how to make a sandwich. To think that you can hear things that aren't there. To have just enough sense that you can argue and debate politely and edit your own writing and then take an hour off and try to leave the house through the upstairs window.

And I'm not 15, fueled with testosterone, teen drama, and the recent death of sibling. I don't know what happened in this boy's brain. I don't know if it was trauma, drugs, an imbalance, or possibly true and pure evil. But I don't know what happens in my brain either. I'm very pleased that the rest of you do but my broken brain has taught me to be very humble.

I refuse to blame crime on evil as I think that the easiest way out.

http://cbs4.com/video?id=93100@wfor.dayport.com

(click on video marked BSO: Texting May Have Sparked Middle School Attack)

A few things that don't add up to me: If Wayne Treacy and Josie Ratley had never met and did not know each other, then how would she have known about his older brother's death? Since the younger unidentified 13 year old had been using Ratley's phone to contact Treacy before the incident, then how do they know that she wasn't the one that sent the message that supposedly set him off and then blamed it on Ratley when he showed up in a rage?

What I find most disturbing about both Treacy and the 13 year old girl is that neither of them seem to be showing any remorse from the video that I have seen and comments from the Sheriff.

well i refuse to make excuses for some one who pre meditatedly assaulted this girl.

you've seen me on other threads, im not calling for the head of the kid who shot his grandfather, cause we dont know the whole story yet.

i think this is totallly diffrent

mz iz i also dont think your situation is comparable to this. your condition leaves you unable to control things........this guy controllled this situation, manipulating and plotting this whole thing out. if this wasnt premeditated, i dont know what is.

i know you want to try to fix these people that are broken but some are just not broken....they are demolished

I dont know guys, this is proper tragic all around IMO

I cant excuse this guy, dont get me wrong, but a suicide of a close family member at that age, unless you been there you have NO idea, you couldnt even dream of it

my son lost his father in november 08 to suicide. son was 14 at the time. he's not over it yet...let's just say that if EVER I could imagine my boy doing something like this, that would be the reason.

I am not saying that anything she said warranted what happened, I am only saying that had it not ended with comments about a suicided close family member....maybe it wouldnt ever have happened at all.

Were there no signs of this "anger" before this incident? And, even if there weren't, if one of my children had discovered anyone (sibling or not) dead, I would have had them in therapy ASAP! Was this boy in any kind of treatment? Had he spoken to anyone (professionally) about what he experienced? I'm just amazed that the parents didn't find him help in the first place! Even if he didn't show signs of needing it, they should have gotten him it anyway! JMHO.

There is absolutely no excuse for this type of violence !! Deceased brother or not. For anyone to even try to make excuses for this type of behavior,well I'll just leave that one alone..

Deerfield Beach Middle School attack victim's family to address media
Updated: 8:31 a.m. Friday, March 19, 2010
Posted: 8:30 a.m. Friday, March 19, 2010

JosieLouRatley_271981k.jpg

The family of a 15-year-old Deerfield Beach Middle School student who was savagely beaten on campus plan to hold a news conference Friday at the hospital where she is being treated.

Josie Lou Ratley's family will address the media at Broward General Medical Center at 12:30 p.m., according to their attorney, Rick Freedman. Those expected to be present include the victim's mother, Hilda Gotay Ratley, and her aunt, Linda Sarmiento.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...e-school-attack-victims-family-to-396977.html

Wow! What a sad case.

My prayers go out to the victim and her family. May she recover from these devastating injuries.

fran

I totally agree with the posters about mental health issues. The so called experts act like they know the brain and in all reality they are almost clueless. The psychiatric industry changes frequently. I have a brother that is bipolar and been in and out of hospitals for years now.

I'm sure this isn't this kids first outburst of anger. We don't know if his parents got him any help or not. If they didn't then shame on them. What he did was wrong, but the gf that let him do it and led him to the girl is worse. She could have not pointed Josie out or tried to calm him down or tell someone what he was planning to do. I want to know her motivation in all of this.

Yes what he did was wrong. He deserved to be punished but he is still a kid. I've done things as a teen that I regret and I didn't experience anything tramatic. I was just a wild kid!! Some want to give up on us, but a screwed up kid is different than a screwed up adult IMO. A kid can change trust me. I did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back