FL FL - Wendy Huggy, 16, Clearwater, 7 April 1982

huggy_wendy3.jpg

Wendy Lynn Huggy, age 16
Missing since 7 April 1982

What do yall think are the odds that Wendy is alive? Im not sure. I am sure that I found a Wendy same middle initial, same date of birth, records show she lived in Chicago (wendy was from chicago) and Virginia prior to now living in the panhandle of Florida which is a recent address. I cannot divulge where I got this info from because it may not be kosher to have obtained it this way.

What do yall think are the odds that Wendy is alive? Im not sure. I am sure that I found a Wendy same middle initial, same date of birth, records show she lived in Chicago (wendy was from chicago) and Virginia prior to now living in the panhandle of Florida which is a recent address. I cannot divulge where I got this info from because it may not be kosher to have obtained it this way.

Send a card - vanilla - say "hey, are you the Wendy I knew, we followed this band...."

UP to the recipient to respond?

Thats a thought but would I sound stalkerish? If she's hiding?

If you only mention the band, she may guess that you don't know she disappeared?

And, if she chooses to remain hidden -- she knows that someone cares about the teen-aged Wendy Huggy.

Maybe she'll Google & find out that through you, we've all been introduced to her -- and she matters to us.

jmho ymmv lrr

If you only mention the band, she may guess that you don't know she disappeared?

And, if she chooses to remain hidden -- she knows that someone cares about the teen-aged Wendy Huggy.

Maybe she'll Google & find out that through you, we've all been introduced to her -- and she matters to us.

jmho ymmv lrr
Im going to mention the bands and ask if she lived in Holiday at one point in her life.

I think it's totally possible and I sure hope she is still alive and happy.

Intimately familiar with all the areas Wendy was last in. I grew up in the area and lived here all my life. Wendy disappeared about five years before I was born, but the county hadn’t changed much in those years— the population boom came in the late 90’s/early 2000’s and continued exponentially from there on. At that time, though, northern Pinellas county was a very safe, middle-class area that was mostly neighborhoods and small commercial spaces. Countryside Mall is much larger now, but it was always the major mall for the area, and is situated right beside the major highway running through the county that can easily take you out and away in mere minutes. It also has buses which pick people up and take them up and down the county too. It’s very possible that whoever picked Wendy up at Countryside could have easily taken her a good distance away in a short period of time. Especially back then: without CCTV, cellphones, etc. She could have been taken to neighboring counties easily.

I don’t think Wendy is alive. I think every UID in the area and beyond should be investigated, and I hope LE has done so. I wish someone knew more about the “Don” she was meeting. That would make all the difference in the world. I have a feeling that he is someone local or at least familiar with the area if he had her meet up with him at Countryside Mall. That’s the kind of location that locals would be familiar with and know as a commercial area where you could meet someone at, pick them up, and leave. Whoever harmed her— and I’m sure someone harmed her– they know the area. They aren’t a stranger. They can be found.

Everytime I drive by the mall, I think about Wendy. She needs to be found.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back