Identified! FL - Wildwood, WhiteFem UP11284, 25-55, in woods, Apr'13 *Jane Wever*

The namus page for the UID says 4 weeks post mortem interval but I see several articles are now suggesting that officials believe that the death occurred on april 3rd, 2013. Not sure how a day is chosen.

There are no updates to the namus profile since June 3, 2013. There are no rule outs on the namus page.

https://identifyus.org/cases/11284

OK, I've never done this before. There is no mention of a tattoo, but that isn't like a make it or break it, is it? Can anyone offer tips? I'd love to learn how to search and help these poor souls who are missing their names...

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/13896/44/

I am not even sure how to paste her pic here! I'm about useless, I'm afraid.:blushing:

Excellent suggestion! Nice work!

UID -- about 65". Helga Smith is 66" so that's good.

UID is "heavyset." Smith is 170-190 lbs. So that's good too.

UID is 50-70 years old. Smith is 59. So that's a match.

UID was killed the beginning of April 2013. Smith disappeared in 2010, but there's no indication she died at the time, so that's okay. Geography is close.

UID's hair is long, curly or wavy, and auburn or brunette. Smith's hair is blonde or strawberry and looks kind of long in the photo. It also looks like it's going pretty gray. So that's probably close enough.

The tattoo -- if Smith had a tattoo and the UID didn't, it would be no match. But Smith had plenty of time to acquire some ink, so that's not a stopper.

Facially -- not bad, especially the chin and eyes. Nose is off, but there was enough time between death and discovery that the UID's nose is almost certainly only an approximation.

Smith's Charley page (http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/smith_helga.html) says she wore an upper denture. That would be a stopper if it's true, but it's odd that Namus doesn't mention it. The Charley Project blog indicates the stepdaughter has a Facebook page for Helga, but I couldn't find it.

thanks, Carbuff, I'm catching on! i sent the link, so ill post if i hear back.

I was searching through the FDLE website for past and present inmates and I found 2 or 3 Janes that have similar stats to Jane Doe. Whenever I copy and paste the link it just will go directly to the search form so I can't give ya'll a direct link and wonder if it is alright if I post the names here?

Could this UID be; http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mason_ann.html
On the run since 2003 and ten years later.....

Released from jail on 9-19-2003 and disappeared, on probation, sister reports her missing in August 2009 because she hasn't heard from her since her release.....
They look very similar to me!
mason_ann2.jpg

According to this article, Jane Huff was located, alive and well; http://www.pnj.com/article/20130716...igators-town-appeal-information-murder-victim

Thank you Madeabecbec for confirmation of the UID's first rule out--> Jane Huff

"Norris said investigators have ruled out a Georgia woman matching the description who had been reported missing in February. That woman, Jane Huff, of McDonough, Ga. was eventually located, Norris said."

(from Madeabecbec's link above)

I am just wondering out loud...perhaps other members could give me better sight. Maybe the UID is not named Jane at all. Here's what I cannot get my head around. Why would a female get someone else's name tattooed on herself? I guess I just cannot ever imagine getting a tattoo of someone else's name, but perhaps this is not uncommon among females.

Second question: why did namus originally refer to the tattoo as a possible jail tattoo? Is this a common pastime in jails? Thanks.

I am just wondering out loud...perhaps other members could give me better sight. Maybe the UID is not named Jane at all. Here's what I cannot get my head around. Why would a female get someone else's name tattooed on herself? I guess I just cannot ever imagine getting a tattoo of someone else's name, but perhaps this is not uncommon among females.

Second question: why did namus originally refer to the tattoo as a possible jail tattoo? Is this a common pastime in jails? Thanks.

Well, with a woman, it's very often the name of her partner or children.

Jailhouse tattoos are usually done with whatever sharp object is available and one shade of ink. The person doing the tattoo is usually not very skilled or artistic, so the result is crude.

Jane could be the name of a close friend or family member who died, although its in a bit of an odd place for that.

I think Jane is either the UID's own name or name of her girlfriend/domestic partner.

I'm confused. There's still no rule-outs on the UID's NAMUS page (as of today, 7/20/13). I really thought this woman would turn out to be Jane Huff. Are we sure Huff has been ruled out for this UID?

I'm confused. There's still no rule-outs on the UID's NAMUS page (as of today, 7/20/13). I really thought this woman would turn out to be Jane Huff. Are we sure Huff has been ruled out for this UID?

From the article cited above:

Norris said investigators have ruled out a Georgia woman matching the description who had been reported missing in February. That woman, Jane Huff, of McDonough, Ga. was eventually located, Norris said.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130716...peal-information-murder-victim?nclick_check=1

Case File: 1023UFFL - HOT CASE

Unidentified Female

jane1.jpg

Date of Discovery: April 22, 2013
Location of Discovery: Wildwood, Sumter County, Florida
Estimated Date of Death: Between April 3 through April 9, 2013
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Cause of Death: Homicide

Physical Description:
Estimated Age: 50-70 years old
Race: White
Height: 5'4" to 5'9"
Weight: 180-250 lbs., described as heavy set.
Hair Color: Auburn or brown, long and curly/wavy, worn in a ponytail with a red cloth band.
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Tattoo of "Jane" on her left shoulder in block letters, quality indicates that it was probably homemade or a jail tattoo. Previous fractures noted in the left femur, left foot, and left side ribs. "Bone on bone" rubbing in the right elbow due to missing cartilage. Osteoporosis in her spine. Severe arthritis in her back and right elbow. Took high blood pressure medication Metoprolol. Wore glasses, the exact prescription is available with LE. Had gall stones.

I know the year and state is off, but is Dorothy Evelyn McPhail, missing from Oregon in 2010, a possible match?? There's a lot of similarities with this one..
http://charleyproject.org/cases/m/mcphail_dorothy.html

mcphail_dorothy.jpg

This is one of the cases I had on tracking at NamUs. Yesterday, I received an email update. Today, I do not have permission to view this profile and the photos linked from NamUs on this thread are gone.

Copy/Paste from email:

NamUs Case # 11284 has had changes made. You can view the case by clicking the url below

URL: https://identifyus.org/cases/11284

The following fields have been changed:
Fingerprints : Fingerprints Available changed from "none" to "elsewhere"

Fingerprints : Fingerprint Comments changed from "Unobtainable due to decomposition" to "Only partial obtained due to decomposition. Submitted to the FBI."

How could this person not be the unidentified Jane Doe??? Does anyone know if Jane Huff had a tattoo of Jane on her? My original thought was that even though there are some discrepancies, I thought that Dorothy Evelyn McPhail mcphail_dorothy.jpg Sumterhomicide-jpg.jpgmight be the Jane Doe, but after seeing Jane Huff, I've changed my mind. Do we know anything more currently?

It certainly looks like they were able to get fingerprints & after submitting to the FBI, was an instant hit & the UID removed.

But this is only a guess. I wonder if we'll ever know. I have looked & looked for updates on Jane Huff from McDonough without success.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back