Flds - Follow The Money

http://www.ktar.com/?sid=803901&nid=6

October 2005, Fred Barlow Jeffs, then Marshall of Hildale and Colorado City, wrote a letter to Warren Jeffs. "I rejoice in the peace that comes over me when I follow the directives you have sent to me...I have felt a unity between the peace officers. They have all stated to me their desire to follow the directives that are placed before us...I want to fill the position that you would have me fill and do the job the way that you would like it done."

Not laws. Directives. From a fugitive. Not a constitution or legislature.

According to Mohave County, Arizona investigator Gary Engels, by 2007 FLDS doctrine had long since replaced federal and state law. In a CNN interview, Engles said:" It's my experience...that these police officers are not real police officers. They're enforcers for the FLDS church. They're enforcers for Warren."

Officials in the Twin Cities have a long record of resisting state and federal law. There are stories of subpeonas not being served; of suspects being tipped off and then fleeing into the desert. Women attempting to escape forced polygamy know already that the police will simply enforce the 'directives' of the FLDS church. Non-FLDS residents complain that their civil rights are routinely violated.

In an NPR interview, Engels stated: "These people don't have the right to voice their opinion. They don't have the right to criticize."And, in a CNN interview: "I would just love to see the whole community brought back into the United States, where everybody has equal rights."

"The plain fact is that a fundamentalist, fanatical religious sect nearly succeeded in establishing an independent homeland on sovereign U.S. soil, funded by U.S. taxpayers and enforcing religious law.

Civil rights enshrined in the Constitution were ignored. Freedom of religion was non-existant. This disturbing example must be made an temporary aberration lest it become a precedent. Unless it is "brought back into the United States," the Twin Cities area could one day serve as the model for some other, better-funded, fanatical group

Molly- Thanks so much for all these links! I think you are most qualified to compile thr "FLDS Financials For Dummies" Book I so long for, but until then I am happy going thru these posts and starting the first of what I perceive will be MANY flow charts!

Now if someone could start with a family tree.....

http://helpthechildbrides.com/articles/prescottcourier.htm
"The FLDS Prophet, Rulon Jeffs, ordered the faithful to stop all contact with heathen and apostates -- which meant anybody who is not FLDS. So about 650 children left the 950 student system. "Even though all the church¹s children left, the School Board has remained 100percent FLDS. Remember this as you read."

This is a very poor school district, and the board never tried to build its own schools. Instead, they leased space in buildings
owned by the FLDS church
. After the edict in 2000, the district did not need as much space, so even though some leases were paid up for several years in advance, the board relinquished most of it. Now the church has that space for its own schools.

Every negotiation was a sweetheart deal which favored the church at the expense of the taxpayers. Next, the school board pleaded poverty to the newly created Arizona School Facilities Board.The facilities in Colorado City were indeed bad, so in 2001 the state built them a new $6 million K-12 school, and we taxpayers paid for it.

Molly- Thanks so much for all these links! I think you are most qualified to compile thr "FLDS Financials For Dummies" Book I so long for, but until then I am happy going thru these posts and starting the first of what I perceive will be MANY flow charts!

The very idea! :eek:

At about the same time, Arizona launched a program to provide a financial cushion for schools in the event of a rapid
decline in enrollment --something usually caused by a major employer shutting down. After the FLDS suddenly removed
two-thirds of the students, the Colorado City district qualified. They have received about $1.5 million per year for the
past three years
under this 'rapid decline' program, and will for three more years -- about $9 million total.
So we paid again.

FLDS teachers were forbidden to teach the heathen and apostate kids, so most of them moved to the new church
schools
. Most other employees stayed, and the public school district remains the largest employer in the area. It
still has 100 employees, for only 300 students now -- an outrageously high 3 to 1 ratio.
Every student is now bussed
to the new school from outlying areas."

"Starting with the Prophet¹s edict in 2000, the FLDS have crafted a scheme that defrauds Arizona taxpayers on several
levels
, and it seems that nobody even realizes it. Or nobody cares. District School Supt. Alvin Barlow has been in his job
longer than any other superintendent in the state, so he¹s knowledgeable. (Incidentally, he also has four secretaries
and four administrative aides.)

"Barlow goes to state surplus property sales and gets school equipment and supplies on the cheap, then shares them with
the church schools."

One of the perks of being a public school official in Colorado City is free transportation. The district owns 15 vehicles (mostly big SUVs, vans, and pickups) which are assigned to various administrators and principals who happen to be FLDS. They¹re supposedly for official business, but they get a lot of personal use with the district paying for fuel, maintenance, and insurance. Free use of a large vehicle is a great benefit for a polygamist family.

This little 300 student district also bought an airplane last year -- a used Cessna 210, for $220,000 -- so the officials can get to meetings easier. Then they contracted with the son of the school board president to fly it for them.

:chicken: I love genealogy but even I ain't going there!!:crazy:

http://www.ktar.com/?sid=803901&nid=6

October 2005, Fred Barlow Jeffs, then Marshall of Hildale and Colorado City, wrote a letter to Warren Jeffs. "I rejoice in the peace that comes over me when I follow the directives you have sent to me...I have felt a unity between the peace officers. They have all stated to me their desire to follow the directives that are placed before us...I want to fill the position that you would have me fill and do the job the way that you would like it done."

Not laws. Directives. From a fugitive. Not a constitution or legislature.

According to Mohave County, Arizona investigator Gary Engels, by 2007 FLDS doctrine had long since replaced federal and state law. In a CNN interview, Engles said:" It's my experience...that these police officers are not real police officers. They're enforcers for the FLDS church. They're enforcers for Warren."

Officials in the Twin Cities have a long record of resisting state and federal law. There are stories of subpeonas not being served; of suspects being tipped off and then fleeing into the desert. Women attempting to escape forced polygamy know already that the police will simply enforce the 'directives' of the FLDS church. Non-FLDS residents complain that their civil rights are routinely violated.

In an NPR interview, Engels stated: "These people don't have the right to voice their opinion. They don't have the right to criticize."And, in a CNN interview: "I would just love to see the whole community brought back into the United States, where everybody has equal rights."

"The plain fact is that a fundamentalist, fanatical religious sect nearly succeeded in establishing an independent homeland on sovereign U.S. soil, funded by U.S. taxpayers and enforcing religious law.

Civil rights enshrined in the Constitution were ignored. Freedom of religion was non-existant. This disturbing example must be made an temporary aberration lest it become a precedent. Unless it is "brought back into the United States," the Twin Cities area could one day serve as the model for some other, better-funded, fanatical group

The children's welfare is the very crux of the matter, IMO, of the FLDS raid. if not that small thing, the bleeding of the TAXPAYERS must surely make all sit up and pay attention! :waitasec:

"How would you like for the state to pay your food bill, especially if you had dozens of mouths to feed? Would $2,000 a month be OK? This is not uncommon in the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (FLDS). Some families get more."

"According to state and federal guidelines, what counts is the number of people living together. Consequently, they're usually eligible for food stamps, child care, and medical care at government expense." About half of the fundamentalists receive food stamps, compared to five percent statewide. This costs the state and federal governments over $3 million a year for those polygamists in Arizona.

Five years ago there were no Colorado City children getting child care assistance, but last year there were about 200 -- which cost the state another $600,000. These benefits can be paid to care-providers who are related to the children, so sometimes one wife can get paid for taking care of another wife¹s kids.

Colorado City gets back about eight dollars in benefits for every dollar the residents pay in state taxes, while for the rest of Mohave County it¹s about one for one.

The children's welfare is the very crux of the matter, IMO, of the FLDS raid. if not that small thing, the bleeding of the TAXPAYERS must surely make all sit up and pay attention! :waitasec:
Well, I certainly hope that with those children in the state's care, once the've sorted out who belongs to who that the states of Utah and AZ get a handle on who should be collecting benefits and who should not. For example, if a child/children were sent to Texas to be raised there by someone else by a man and his wife/wives, and they are still collecting monies, without having the custody and care of the children that their welfare money is cut off. That money should be paid towards the care of the child.

What gets me is that there are many of the women who do work outside the home as teachers in the public school or other "approved" jobs while they're probably collecting benefits off the taxpayer.

Floh, the 10,000 members vote as their prophet or leaders want them to. It's been rumored that they've voted for Orrin Hatch,
who has claimed to have friends in Hilldale and has not seen any abuse.. If I can find that article again I will post it.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0605/S00364.htm

Molly, is this the one you're looking for? I believe you posted this yesterday.

Orrin Hatch and Sen. Bob Bennett represent Hildale, UT.

And Colorado City, AZ, just across the border, is represented by Senator John McCain and Sen. John Kyle.

Things that make you go hmmm...

http://helpthechildbrides.com/articl...ottcourier.htm

Also, the Arizona Auditor General¹s office has begun an investigation into practices of the Colorado City School Board. They routinely use the schools' credit cards and vehicles for personal use. They spend funds extravagantly, such as buying an airplane, and then make the students raise money to go see The Wizard of Oz.

The students and teachers (none of whom are FLDS any longer) claim that the board members (who are all FLDS) are running the district primarily to benefit the private FLDS schools instead of its own schools. County school officials told state officials that the district is spending state funds improperly, but nothing more has happened. It¹s an 'ongoing investigation.'

http://www.star-telegram.com/state_news/story/585189.html
If the allegations of polygamy and children abuse are proven true, then the proper authorities should terminate their government contracts and tax breaks," said U.S. Rep. Chet Edwards, a Waco Democrat whose district stretches from Hood and Johnson counties southward past College Station.
U.S. Rep. Michael Burgess, R-Flower Mound, said he too is concerned about the situation.

"These recent discoveries raise many serious questions," said Burgess, whose district includes most of Denton County and part of Fort Worth. "I hope a full and thorough investigation is conducted and completed as soon as possible."

http://www.scoop.co/nz/stories/HL0605/500364.htm

Molly, is this the one you're looking for? I believe you posted this yesterday.

Orrin Hatch and Sen. Bob Bennett represent Hildale, UT.

And Colorado City, AZ, just across the border, is represented by Senator John McCain and Sen. John Kyle.

Things that make you go hmmm...

Going "hmmm..." a lot, but holding myself back as it should be reserved for the political pavillion, i think?

i'll make one snarky remark in that it IS remarkable the the biggest CPS story in the history of the USA has not, to my knowledge, been spoken of by any of the potential presidents of the country or even :silenced: :silenced: :silenced: :silenced: :silenced: :silenced: :blushing: THE current president!

still my mouth! :silenced: :silenced: :silenced: :blushing:

Polygamous sect hid in plain sight of Eldorado By Corrie MacLaggan
AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF Sunday, April 13, 2008

The church group pays 14 cents a gallon to deliver its liquid waste to Eldorado's sewer plant, City Secretary Carolyn Mayo said. In October, Mayo noticed an increase in the amount of waste the group trucked in. Instead of three loads a week in a 3,000-gallon tanker truck, it was five loads a week, she said. The monthly bill approached $10,000.[/B]

In 2004 and 2005, the ranch applied for permits to discharge sewage into an essentially dry creek, said Terry Clawson, a spokesman for the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality. There was a lot of concern in the community about doing that," Clawson said. Ranch residents withdrew those applications and applied instead for a permit to treat wastewater and apply it to farm land, Clawson said. They got that permit in November 2007 but
haven't completed their sewage plant, he said.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back