FLOOR-PLAN of Baby Lisa Irwin's home likelihood of this being stranger abduction

Continuing with my observations on this room:

The window is covered in here as well. Not with the black plastic and duct tape - nope. And LE didn't do this. It looks to me like it is one of those "kids" area rugs you can buy that have graphics on them so the kids can play. The figure looks like he's kicking a ball - but the other marks look like "roads" for a kid to play cars on. ODD for this thing to be hanging at a window. It is clearly a window as there are curtains to the right side.

Then, the next thing I noticed was there is a "wall graphic" on the wall behind the door. Hard to see what it is - but with my magnifying glass it looks to be maybe a character out of a roll playing video game with a huge, modified weapon (that's what is visible). It really does look like that to me. My 21 yr old is a serious gamer and I've seen countless pictures of these "roll playing characters". VERY VERY ODD to be on the wall of a 6yr old and an 8 yr old. To me - that is just too young for anything like that to be put on the wall.

Also, I know it must be the closet - BUT at first glance it looks like stairs in that opening.

And all the paint and drywall buckets that are stacked up in front of the window. Maybe those were in the closet but why on earth would you store stuff like that in your kids closet?

JMHO

bbm

I don't know for sure, but I think the graphic might be a Transformer. Curtains might be from the Transformers too. Just a thought.

I wonder about the paint buckets too. Not a great place for storing that stuff. Why not in one of the garages? Why some place kids (and a baby!) could get into it?

Good point gwenabob - Transformers. Yes, I guess it could be. That would make sense.

Don't see a TV in that pic, yet there must be one as that is where DB said the boys watched the movie.

I don't get why all the windows were "semi-permanently" covered in these kids rooms. I just don't. I'm kinda weird in that I believe in natural light. Its healthy. I always open curtains and windows during the day - if I'm home that is. And my kids' rooms always had beautiful natural sunlight coming through the windows. But that's just me. Still would like to hear the explanation of why all the kids' rooms windows were darkly covered.

JMO

The window is covered in here as well. Not with the black plastic and duct tape - nope. And LE didn't do this. It looks to me like it is one of those "kids" area rugs you can buy that have graphics on them so the kids can play. The figure looks like he's kicking a ball - but the other marks look like "roads" for a kid to play cars on. ODD for this thing to be hanging at a window. It is clearly a window as there are curtains to the right side.

Then, the next thing I noticed was there is a "wall graphic" on the wall behind the door. Hard to see what it is - but with my magnifying glass it looks to be maybe a character out of a roll playing video game with a huge, modified weapon (that's what is visible). It really does look like that to me. My 21 yr old is a serious gamer and I've seen countless pictures of these "roll playing characters". VERY VERY ODD to be on the wall of a 6yr old and an 8 yr old. To me - that is just too young for anything like that to be put on the wall.

Also, I know it must be the closet - BUT at first glance it looks like stairs in that opening.

And all the paint and drywall buckets that are stacked up in front of the window. Maybe those were in the closet but why on earth would you store stuff like that in your kids closet?

JMHO

It IS odd. Drywall mudd? They have a garage and a basement. The rug on the window as well as the black plastice seems she must have tried to get them all to sleep in a little later in the mornings, esp. in the summer when the sun is up at the crack of dawn. Also a sign of depression when you tend to want darkness around you. JMO I am not a doc. But have family members with depression, have seen it play out first hand. JMO.

And I've also wondered since the SWarrant and the house was released - I can sympathize that DB doesn't want to go to the house, but I think if I was a family member I would go over there and straighten things back up and clean off the fingerprint dust, etc. That house makes me "itch" everytime I see it. Surely at this point, a little housekeeping couldn't hurt anything. JMO. And I'll readily admit to some projecting - usually when I'm upset, I try to restore order in my brain by creating order in my home. So maybe it's just my quirk.

After viewing the floor plan, I'm about 80% sure if this were a stranger abduction, someone knew the layout of the home and whose room was whose. I couldn't walk in this house and instinctively know where to find the phones and the baby in a very short period of time.

If your a stranger and going to abduct a baby would you climb into the window,
turn on all the lights, wander into the kitchen and take 3 cell phones? Why take the cells? Yoou dont know they dont have a land line!

and walk out the front door with lights blazing?

IMO if the baby was alive she would have been crying being carried around.

JMO

Good point gwenabob - Transformers. Yes, I guess it could be. That would make sense.

Don't see a TV in that pic, yet there must be one as that is where DB said the boys watched the movie.

I don't get why all the windows were "semi-permanently" covered in these kids rooms. I just don't. I'm kinda weird in that I believe in natural light. Its healthy. I always open curtains and windows during the day - if I'm home that is. And my kids' rooms always had beautiful natural sunlight coming through the windows. But that's just me. Still would like to hear the explanation of why all the kids' rooms windows were darkly covered.

JMO

I think alot of that could be answered if we know how bad of a drinking problem she has.

Alcoholics like the dark she could be battling deep depression.

blackouts dont happen if ya drink occasionally. JMO

JMO

There is a tv on the dresser in the corner to the left of Ms. Short.

JMO

That might have been done during the execution of the search warrant. They were using some type of x-ray equipment.

Another quick shot of the boys room at 1:30. Don't blink or you will miss it!

http://gma.yahoo.com/video/news-26797925/baby-lisa-exclusive-tour-of-irwin-house-27046940.html

Here is a shot

Looks like Transformers curtains to me and a Transformer image on the wall. Is there another closet behind Ms. Short? I'm trying to decide if that is a closet or a stairwell (to basement or attic?), wish the chair wasn't in the way!

bbm~ I guess we both saw the same thing! Yep, I think it is transformers on the wall and curtains, and Spider-man on the bedspreads.

I saw that too and captured a single shot of the room. I am not sure if that is a closet, or steps to go up or down.

IMO it looks like it is stairs to the attic?

Also, are those paint cans stacked in the far corner?

And is their window blacked out, too, or are those just really heavy, dark curtains?

JMHO
I recall a photo of the two boys playing in their room with the closet doors open and the room appeared to be quite neat, including the closet. My apologies that I don't remember where the photo originated. However, given that and the current state of the room, it appears it's now become a dumping ground for items that were somewhere else in the house. I recall an oscillating fan on a stand in the video of the master bedroom also. And as for the window treatments, they confirm my belief that it was DB/JI who put the plastic bag on Lisa's window. Would these two rooms possibly be facing west, and therefore blacked out to prevent the sun/sunset?

MOO

IIRC, when we saw some still pictures of the house, there was a baseball bat and one or 2 shotguns in the parents' bedroom.

What puzzles me is why JI didn't go into the bedroom first to pick up any one of those items when he came in and saw the house not in it's normal state and also recognized something was wrong with the screen.

I asked my husband about this hypothetical situation, and he said he would have immediately gone for the bat or gun before searching around the house or fiddling with the screen.

Here's where it's at right now ... gotta run out for a bit ... will check in later to see if there are suggestions to resolve the last part of the floor plan.

lisafloorplan8.jpg

Hi, is this the final plan we came up with for the house? Great job Otto and everyone. I've been bothered with the bathroom thing since obviously DB and guest would use the bathrooms during their adult time and actually need to enter the house at various times for this purpose at least. I see that there are two bathrooms close to Lisa's room. Why DB never checked on Lisa before 10:30 pm (and I doubt she did at 10:30) boggles my mind. She or the neighbor could have checked on Lisa easily at any point when they went inside to use the bathroom. Did DB ask SB if she heard Lisa crying at any time during their partying? Blacking out doesn't happen after drink 1 or two. Why didn't she check? Didn't she want to check to listen if Lisa was crying of needed anything, bottle, pacifier, etc, etc. My mommy ears are still tuned to the max to hear what the normal person may never hear even though my daughter is 4 now. I can hear her sounds through TV, etc. even if I'm having my adult time. This blacking out thing is bogus, I'm sure of it. Argh...so frustrating. I watched her crying and it's a real cry, no doubt in my mind. So what really happened here? I think we'll find out whenever the boys are interviewed and I hope they will be. There needs to be a complete and thorough investigation. This little baby is gone. This needs to be resolved.

So Lisa's bd is right by the computer room? What about the back deck door? It seems like people are asking how someone could have walked right by the girls out front and into the house and out again, but...was the door in the back locked? Could they not have gone in and out that way earlier or really at any time??

Hi, is this the final plan we came up with for the house? Great job Otto and everyone. I've been bothered with the bathroom thing since obviously DB and guest would use the bathrooms during their adult time and actually need to enter the house at various times for this purpose at least. I see that there are two bathrooms close to Lisa's room. Why DB never checked on Lisa before 10:30 pm (and I doubt she did at 10:30) boggles my mind. She or the neighbor could have checked on Lisa easily at any point when they went inside to use the bathroom. Did DB ask SB if she heard Lisa crying at any time during their partying? Blacking out doesn't happen after drink 1 or two. Why didn't she check? Didn't she want to check to listen if Lisa was crying of needed anything, bottle, pacifier, etc, etc. My mommy ears are still tuned to the max to hear what the normal person may never hear even though my daughter is 4 now. I can hear her sounds through TV, etc. even if I'm having my adult time. This blacking out thing is bogus, I'm sure of it. Argh...so frustrating. I watched her crying and it's a real cry, no doubt in my mind. So what really happened here? I think we'll find out whenever the boys are interviewed and I hope they will be. There needs to be a complete and thorough investigation. This little baby is gone. This needs to be resolved.

No, this is not the final version. Here is the final floor plan.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7280679&postcount=3"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Maps related to case and search areas[/ame]

I saw that too and captured a single shot of the room. I am not sure if that is a closet, or steps to go up or down.

That looks like a closet. It would cut into the large office area on the other side of the wall and probably the back wall of the closet shares a wall with the stairwell in the office area.

Posting the floorplan here again so it's easily accessible. We can add the furniture too if it seems relevant.

lisa_floorplan_final_layout.jpg

OMG are you kidding??? BOTH the bathrooms are right next to Lisa's bedroom. No excuse not to check on her. I'm fuming here. Thanks for finding that post. xo

I don't know for sure that it is a half-bath, but from all the input here (grateful for that), I think it is a bathroom. It does seem odd to have two bathrooms across the hall from each other. Maybe the halfbath is a laundry area. Even though it wasn't common in houses built at that time to have main floor laundry, some people added it later. Maybe it's a laundry shute and linen closet across the hall from he bathroom.

So Lisa's bd is right by the computer room? What about the back deck door? It seems like people are asking how someone could have walked right by the girls out front and into the house and out again, but...was the door in the back locked? Could they not have gone in and out that way earlier or really at any time??

Lisa's bedroom is not next to the computer room. Her bedroom was sandwiched between the boy's room and the main bathroom. There are two interior doors between the computer room and her bedroom.

I understand that the screen on the front window of the office area was damaged (same side of the house as the front stairs), that the lights were on throughout the house including Lisa's bedroom.

Entering through the back door, which is a solid white door, is possible, but it was most likely locked - if they normally locked their doors, which it seems they did. Lisa's mother was on the front stoop, as far as I can figure out, and shared a bottle of wine with the neighbor. That shouldn't make anyone drunk, and an alcoholic would have had more to drink. Was there something about a wine box? I think the front door was the exit route ... in through the window (broken screen) on the front of the house, land in the office, out the front door with the baby. Then, there was a fire in a dumpster nearby and a man was reportedly seen moving away from the area in the next couple of hours.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back