Food and Recipes while under Coronavirus quarantine #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the same plant.

I have seen these at markets but have not purchased or eaten them. Do they taste like zukes?

Good point. The antivirals are short term, but I have a feeling they could get toxic. i don't have a potassium problem in general, but that is a realistic danger.

luckily, I have successfully eaten the tomato soup rice I made, and dh brought home pork broth (won ton soup base) and white rice from a Chinese restaurant, which I also kept down. so at this point, I think severe dehydration has been averted. Dehydration by excessively aggressive posterior expulsions is still possible- but my only solid food has been rice. So hopefully, that sill have prevented that.

i think I will try sautéed potatoes in the morning. I'm getting hungry thinking about them, which is good because I haven't been hungry either. Maybe ive passed the worst, at least GI-wise. I do be coughing, though!
Promising! (The cough might linger, as well as fatigue if you are experiencing that.)

Happy Fall Back Day, for all who celebrate. ;)

I like this chopper thing!! It made quick work of 2 small onions, some small carrots & celery I had sliced & frozen. We both have head colds and I wanted something warm.

Added 2 tablespoons of butter & sautéed the onion, celery & carrot. Basically whatever veggies I had & poured in veggie broth. I made white rice last night and added the rest of it. Sorta like a thick veggie rice soup.

Attachments

• IMG_1873.jpeg
    IMG_1873.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 13
I like this chopper thing!! It made quick work of 2 small onions, some small carrots & celery I had sliced & frozen. We both have head colds and I wanted something warm.

Added 2 tablespoons of butter & sautéed the onion, celery & carrot. Basically whatever veggies I had & poured in veggie broth. I made white rice last night and added the rest of it. Sorta like a thick veggie rice soup.
I hope the soup cures what ails you! Soup does seem magical that way. Looks yummy too.

All this rice talk lately! We had a rice dish last night. Sort of a glorified rice and refried beans, with veggies, homemade fermented salsa, and cheese. Leftovers today.

I'm glad you like your mini chopper. It sure comes in handy when you have a lot of prep to do.

Hope your cold doesn't last too long. Feel better.

I hope the soup cures what ails you! Soup does seem magical that way. Looks yummy too.

All this rice talk lately! We had a rice dish last night. Sort of a glorified rice and refried beans, with veggies, homemade fermented salsa, and cheese. Leftovers today.
We had rice one day last week. DH opened a can of Hormel chili - a throwback to early in our marriage when Minute Rice and Hormel chili was on the menu at least twice a week. I finished chicken breast that I had roasted last Sunday and made a little gravy for my chicken and rice. Comfort food at its best.

Promising! (The cough might linger, as well as fatigue if you are experiencing that.)

Happy Fall Back Day, for all who celebrate. ;)
Lol! I celebrate! By coughing up a lung and listening though my sick room door to my dh kvetch that he has no idea how he managed to put the stove into sabbath mode. I think he asked the stove when it became a practicing Jew. It didn't answer.

MOO

I had KFC delivered to my my door today, enough for dinner today and tomorrow, because I live where I can make that happen, and I have been dealing with a heavy cold all week. Very good choice, well done me. We got a grocery delivery yesterday, so by the time the KFC is gone, I should be able to stand long enough to make proper food, and have the ingredients to do so. Sometimes, fast food is the answer when you're too tired or sick to prepare food for yourself. So whether you've got covid or something else going on, never feel guilty for feeding yourself, however you make that happen.

I had KFC delivered to my my door today, enough for dinner today and tomorrow, because I live where I can make that happen, and I have been dealing with a heavy cold all week. Very good choice, well done me. We got a grocery delivery yesterday, so by the time the KFC is gone, I should be able to stand long enough to make proper food, and have the ingredients to do so. Sometimes, fast food is the answer when you're too tired or sick to prepare food for yourself. So whether you've got covid or something else going on, never feel guilty for feeding yourself, however you make that happen.
Sorry to hear that you have a bad cold. Seems like many folks are under the weather lately. KFC will be comforting while you're on the mend. Feel better.

I agree! I’ve never done food delivery other than a pizza at least a decade ago. But on occasion, I will go pick up prepped food. Sometimes you’re too sick to cook, too sick to be out in public, etc. Plus, it’s hard to rest & get better when your energy is so low. I hope you can shake this crud too!!

@Ruminations I just wanted to say that I recognize the cartoon your avatar is from! I did a doubletake when I realized I knew what it was from!
I'm not trying to argue, just have a reasonable debate. But...do you have a source to show that you know where my avatar is from?

How can we be sure you really did a double take?

MOOing sarcastically

PS: thanks for noticing. It reminds me not to respond, as I so want to against my best interests, to trolls.

I'm not trying to argue, just have a reasonable debate. But...do you have a source to show that you know where my avatar is from?

How can we be sure you really did a double take?

MOOing sarcastically

PS: thanks for noticing. It reminds me not to respond, as I so want to against my best interests, to trolls.

IMG_2341.jpeg

Time for a new thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members