For those who agree with the verdict...help me understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her behavior was so out-of-place that the jury may not have known what to deduce from it. It almost looked like she didn't even know that Caylee was dead. It doesn't seem to serve as evidence of anything in particular.

It makes no sense whatsoever that someone is not looking over their shoulder for the cops if their child just died, however the child died. Even if one looks at her personality and motivations to be me, me, me, it's all about me, you would still look for someone to get really nervous occasionally.

Yeah,but two nights out and a stroll into Blockbuster just does not seem like a reason to kill your child.

It wasn't the reason for killing her child. It was the result.

IMO, of course.

It's called denial and disassociation.

Look at how captivated the country has been with this case. They love Caylee, they want justice. Why would it be so out of the normal for Caylees own mother to be traumatized after finding her dead? And the guilt? And driving around with your rotting child in the trunk, could have gotten pulled over at any time.......

With all respect, IMO the above quote does not preclude all forms of discipline against offenders. Jesus is denouncing hypocritical judgment.

In the same context of your quote (Matt. 7:1), He says, "you hypocrite, first take the beam of timber from your own eye, then you will see clearly to take the particle from your brother's eye." (Matt. 7:5).

He said elsewhere, "Be honest in your judgment and do not judge at a glance; but judge fairly and righteously" (John 7:24).

He Himself instructed church members to treat an unrepentant offender as "a pagan and a tax collector." (Matt. 18:17).

In all these cases, it is the human disciple doing the judging. Proper, honest judging is allowed. Improper or hypocritical judging is prohibited.

:coffeews::eek:nline::detective:

I agree with you and I think you prove further though that questioning the motivation and sincerity of jurors is way over the top in being judgmental. The behavior of the jury is not unusual, it's just not what people expected, given the literal years of hype about "tot mom."

Yeah,but two nights out and a stroll into Blockbuster just does not seem like a reason to kill your child.

Not to a normal person, obviously.

If my daughter had just "accidentally" died I can tell you for SURE I would have been on the floor unable to get up. NOT out with my boyfriend smiling arm in arm. It is extremely telling.

I felt that this was not a search for the truth. That many of the witnesses that prosecution kept off the stand like Jesse Grund could have shed some light on the truth. That the prosecution wanted to keep family dynamics out of this case as well as family history. But when they did this they took away what was probably the most logical motive for murder. When the prosecution tries so hard and in this case is successful in keeping so many facts from the jury then I wonder why. Then I feel that the truth is being hidden rather than the trial being a search for that truth. I felt very much like this in this case.
Do prosecutors ever make deals with witnesses, to keep them from being uncooperative witnesses? What I mean is this...to agree to not bring up certain issues so they will cooperate on other issues? I would think ammunity would work better, (if the witness had lied before), but I have no idea how these things work.

Not to toss around New Testament verses cavalierly, but

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
(Matthew 5:38-9 KJV)

Ahhh.. they are just gonna smite me there too!

:floorlaugh:

It's called denial and disassociation.

I understand denial and disassociation. When my daughter was killed by a drunk driver, I thought it was an elaborate plot so that my ex-husband could steal her away from me forever. Never mind that we were on very good terms and he was the best father ever. Never mind that he was nearly fatally injured himself. How crazy is that? My mind was trying desperately to deny the reality. Of course, I couldnt' reconcile that crazy thought. Then I thought it must be mistaken identity. It really wasn't their car. It wasn't her. It was someone else. It was all a mistake. But it wasn't and I knew it.

So I get it. I get tired of hearing about how everyone grieves differently. Of course they do. Each loss in unique and personal. But nowhere, no way is dancing the night away, shopping 'til you drop, pretending your child was kidnapped and lying your a$$ off for 31 days in any way, shape or form grieving. Somewhere during that 31 days, something would have shocked her into reality. Say like when Yuri Melich was questioning her and asked her outright what happened to her daughter. Not after sitting three years in jail.

Nope. She was not grieving. She was not in denial. And she was not disassociating. Of course, YMMV and this is just my opinion.

It's really amusing to me how many people are now coming forward and crawling out of the woodwork in support of the jury and the verdict. Many of them are people who didn't say a word before or who even stated they would find Casey guilty. I always get a kick out of human nature and the human desire to be on and to support the "winning" team in life.

Where were these people before the verdict was rendered? I know with OJ there were throngs of OJ supporters outside the courthouse during his trial. I'm sure there were some "Free Casey" picketers in Orange County, but I sure never heard about them. Casey seems to have her own little fan club now and it's growing in numbers by the day.

ETA: This post is NOT directed at WSers. I just want to make that clear.

I understand denial and disassociation. When my daughter was killed by a drunk driver, I thought it was an elaborate plot so that my ex-husband could steal her away from me forever. Never mind that we were on very good terms and he was the best father ever. Never mind that he was nearly fatally injured himself. How crazy is that? My mind was trying desperately to deny the reality. Of course, I couldnt' reconcile that crazy thought. Then I thought it must be mistaken identity. It really wasn't their car. It wasn't her. It was someone else. It was all a mistake. But it wasn't and I knew it.

So I get it. I get tired of hearing about how everyone grieves differently. Of course they do. Each loss in unique and personal. But nowhere, no way is dancing the night away, shopping 'til you drop, pretending your child was kidnapped and lying your a$$ off for 31 days in any way, shape or form grieving. Somewhere during that 31 days, something would have shocked her into reality. Say like when Yuri Melich was questioning her and asked her outright what happened to her daughter.

Nope. She was not grieving. She was not in denial. And she was not disassociating. Of course, YMMV and this is just my opinion.

Wow, I'm so sorry for your loss.

You're right--there's denial and disassociation and then there's psychopathy and narcissism. Huge difference.

It's really amusing to me how many people are now coming forward and crawling out of the woodwork in support of the jury and the verdict. Many of them are people who didn't say a word before or who even stated they would find Casey guilty. I always get a kick out of human nature and the human desire to be on and to support the "winning" team in life.

Where were these people before the verdict was rendered? I know with OJ there were throngs of OJ supporters outside the courthouse during his trial. I'm sure there were some "Free Casey" picketers in Orange County, but I sure never heard about them. Casey seems to have her own little fan club now and it's growing in numbers by the day.

I think that's really offensive, especially since you haven't made it clear just who you're talking about. Are you referring to all of us here who have a different opinion about the jury and their decision than you do?

For the record and just speaking for myself here: I was never emotionally involved with this case as many here clearly have been. I approach these cases and trials differently than a lot of people here seem to; I think they're fascinating, but I don't become enmeshed in them. As far as the Anthony trial goes, I didn't think the prosecution had proved their case when the closing arguments ended. That was long before we knew who 'won'.

And no, I'm not in any 'fan club'--not a Casey Fan Club and not a Caylee Fan Club. I just like puzzles and mysteries and became interested in this case when it finally got to trial for that reason only.

I invite you to read my post history. My opinion had nothing to do with the winning team or I would have never posted this and often I am left defending my post repeatedly ,even being asked often "are we watching the same trial" . Sometimes people only see what they want to. Alot of posters saw this coming.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6846850&postcount=118"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6846850&postcount=118[/ame]

all these convoluted unsupported theories are applicable to Scott Peterson too and we should all be working to get him off of death row as he must be innocent too as he was convicted on even less evidence that was available against ICA and he must also need time to grieve the deaths of Laci and Connor. Or is it OK to convict men without direct evidence but not cute girls who know how to lower their chairs and bat their eyes and suddenly remember everyone sexually abused them.

There is no other person who all the evidence points to. The SP jury simply had the integrity and wherewithal to actually do their job and not just spend their time reviewing their media packets and arranging their payoffs.

Yes, this is all Nancy Grace's fault. Casey is a victim here too just like she said.

Im not being snarky at all but she had 30 days to "grieve properly" and partied it up... Why does anyone sympathize with someone who throws their child away like trash? I just dont get it?

So I get it. I get tired of hearing about how everyone grieves differently. Of course they do. Each loss in unique and personal. But nowhere, no way is dancing the night away, shopping 'til you drop, pretending your child was kidnapped and lying your a$$ off for 31 days in any way, shape or form grieving. Somewhere during that 31 days, something would have shocked her into reality. Say like when Yuri Melich was questioning her and asked her outright what happened to her daughter. Not after sitting three years in jail.

Suzi, I am so very sorry about your daughter. Thank you for sharing your experience here.

My post was not directed at anyone on this forum. Read it a little more closely please.

Thank you.

Do prosecutors ever make deals with witnesses, to keep them from being uncooperative witnesses? What I mean is this...to agree to not bring up certain issues so they will cooperate on other issues? I would think ammunity would work better, (if the witness had lied before), but I have no idea how these things work.

I've not heard of it, but I've only been clerking at a criminal defense firm for five months. Maybe you should ask in the verified lawyers thread? They might be able to more definitively give you an answer.

all these convoluted unsupported theories are applicable to Scott Peterson too and we should all be working to get him off of death row as he must be innocent too as he was convicted on even less evidence that was available against ICA and he must also need time to grieve the deaths of Laci and Connor. Or is it OK to convict men without direct evidence but not cute girls who know how to lower their chairs and bat their eyes and suddenly remember everyone sexually abused them.

There is no other person who all the evidence points to. The SP jury simply had the integrity and wherewithal to actually do their job and not just spend their time reviewing their media packets and arranging their payoffs.

Yes, this is all Nancy Grace's fault. Casey is a victim here too just like she said.

Dan Abrams was just on Joy Behar saying that in the SP case, we didn't know how LP died, but we knew why. Whereas in the Anthony case, we didn't know how and the "why" ("KC wanted more time to party") seemed really vague.

I think he has a point.

(ETA Abrams (and I) think KC was proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. He was just pointing out why the Peterson case was different.)

The strolling nights spent thru Blockbuster(less than 24 hours after murdering Caylee).. Nor strolling any night anywhere for 31 days prove nothing more than a sociopath benefitting from NOT *having the snotty brat around(as Casey referred to her)having murdered her daughter out of resentment, anger and revenge on her mom, Cindy for daring to have the cajones for once to truly let Casey have it! For her lying, thieving ways.. on the night of the 15th Cindy for once let Casey know exactly what she was.. A lying thief!!!*

The motive wasn't to have a carefree life partying.. She did that without killing Caylee.. She did that by lying and conniving her parents amd others to babysit..

The reason and motive for murdering Caylee has been clearly told detail for detail in this thread.. It didn't have a damn thing to do with 31 days of nothing..

It only had everything to do with revenge on her mother! That is it!!*

Cindys guilt and shame for her having those cajones that night ti stand up to Casey thT she full well knows led to the revenge of Caylee being murdered is what kept the entire basis of the murder hid from the State..

State can't prosecute based on a fabrication that they were not aware was a fabrication..*

The state did their job and the only person to blame for Caylee's death is her very own mother..

Broken record.. Over and over.. Anyone who truly knows this case from the beginning knows fact is revenge was the motive and fiction is what was lied to the states Attys..

If you know every end and out of the case then u know what's the truth.. If some don't, then us who do repeating is going to help anyone learn.. The truth and the evidence there and many many many know it.. A very large percentage does..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle