Forgotten Reports about Long Island Human Remains Found

Again, the body is the trophy to some killers. It has to be close enough so they can visit it when they want to. In the case of the GB4 it can be within a short drive, maybe while walking the dog as an excuse.
If the killer is passing these with a dog they are walking a dog for hours and hours from their origins. There are no houses in that area, just road and water. The nearest residential areas are either Point Lookout or Oak Beach, which is a distance of 20 miles. It's a half-hour by car. The trophy idea for the Gilgo 4 is fine IF you are talking about someone living within this 20-mile stretch. The trophy angle doesn't work if they're farther away, which allows for other victims spread elsewhere. Never underestimate that they just thought it was a sufficiently remote area and nothing more.

Other interesting NY state unidentified remains:

North Bronx

March 2, 1998, white female found nude in a metal cabinet left on the sidewalk; short stature

New York

May 5, 1994, white female, age 20-40, short stature, low body weight, found bound with duct tape and wrapped in garbage bags on the Manhattan side of the East River under the Brooklyn Bridge; button shirt and t-shirt were found with victim **Cannot find any information through Google on her.**

Long Island

August 25, 1991, white/Hispanic female, short stature, anonymous caller notified 911 how to find the body, bound with cords

March 8, 1992, white female, age 25-39, short stature, low body weight, nude body found in dumpster near railroad station **Cannot find information on her via Google.**

This thread on Lattington Jane Doe

Brooklyn

May 18, 1991, white female found in open grassy area off of Seaview Ave; pregnant at time of death (was wearing a wedding ring, can likely assume husband/father did it, but you never know)

March 29, 1993, white female, East New York, skeletal, one or more limbs not recovered, one or both hands not recovered

Buffalo News
  • May 20, 2006, the torso of a woman about age 25 to 50 and about 5-foot-3 was found in the Lower Niagara River off Devil's Hole State Park. DNA is on file.
  • June 22, 1996, an adult white female, about 5-foot-1 inches tall and about 104 pounds, found in the lower Niagara River north of the Lewiston-Queenston Bridge. She was wearing black "Jean Works" jeans, size 38, pink and white underwear labeled "SP," and an orange bracelet on her right arm. Dental records are on file.
  • April 2, 1995, a young adult or adult white female, about 5-foot-5 and about 155 pounds, was found on the shore of Lake Ontario in the Town of Wilson. She was wearing a black Sears brand bra, size 36C, and heavy black lycra tights. DNA records are available.
Interesting missing persons cases:

Chelsea Michelle Cobo, short stature, vulnerable/at-risk

Maura Patricia Shea, vulnerable/at-risk

Dalia Alvarenga, vulnerable/at-risk

Jenny Lee Poole, last seen Bay Shore, NY, April 2010

I feel They really need to look into Dr. Charles Hackett again. It isn’t a coincidence that after he moved the bodies have stopped popping up. He then moved to Florida a place where it is summer basically all year long. Therefore he doesn’t need to wait to June anymore to make his kills. As in winter must make it difficult for someone like him. He is in his 60s I believe now which would add up for the age estimate. He now resides in Lona fort meyers which is right near a beach once again. HAS ANYONE LOOKED AT MISSING PERSONS IN THE CENTRAL FLORIDA AREA SINCE HE’S MOVED THERE ? I’ve started looking into it today and noticed a women who fits the description of what he seemed as his type. View attachment 344119

Patricia Costello was a topless dancer who was found murdered in Heckscher State Park in Islip in June 1986.

She was strangled elsewhere and then placed there.

Her killer wrapped a piece of clothing around her neck and then tied the other end to a tree.

The police believe that her killer did this in order to make it look like a suicide. However, I have a problem with this "assessment."

The biggest problem with this theory is that she was naked, and her clothes were found nearby. If her killer really wanted to make it look like a suicide, then I can't imagine why they'd leave her naked.

A part of me believes that this may have been a case of posing, where the offender "poses" the victim in a way that gives him gratification and/or shocks the finder.

This is very uncommon in sexual homicides. From what I've read, it only occurs in less than 1% of sexually-motivated murders.

Interestingly, this isn't too far from where LISK suspect John Bittrolff was living.

Even more interesting is the fact that Bittrolff posed his victims. In the case of Colleen McNamee, he seemingly murdered her elsewhere, brought her to the dump spot, posed her naked body, and then tossed her clothes around...

Patricia Costello was a topless dancer who was found murdered in Heckscher State Park in Islip in June 1986.

She was strangled elsewhere and then placed there.

Her killer wrapped a piece of clothing around her neck and then tied the other end to a tree.

The police believe that her killer did this in order to make it look like a suicide. However, I have a problem with this "assessment."

The biggest problem with this theory is that she was naked, and her clothes were found nearby. If her killer really wanted to make it look like a suicide, then I can't imagine why they'd leave her naked.

A part of me believes that this may have been a case of posing, where the offender "poses" the victim in a way that gives him gratification and/or shocks the finder.

This is very uncommon in sexual homicides. From what I've read, it only occurs in less than 1% of sexually-motivated murders.

Interestingly, this isn't too far from where LISK suspect John Bittrolff was living.

Even more interesting is the fact that Bittrolff posed his victims. In the case of Colleen McNamee, he seemingly murdered her elsewhere, brought her to the dump spot, posed her naked body, and then tossed her clothes around...

Interesting......& he lived close by as you stated. He was just turning 20 years old on July 1, so its possible. He also left DNA Colleen McNamee & the other ladys body in early 1990's......but what from what the article states above, there is no DNA evidence that was left at the scene, so im assuming the perp didnt have sex with Patricia, or leave any other trace evidence behind.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, there is very little information about her case. The one thing that struck me was the potential posing. I don't think that the killer would have left her undressed if they were planning on making it look like a suicide.

At the time, he would have been 20, about to turn 21. That's relatively young, but not unheard of. It's possible that his fantasies weren't fully matured by that point.

This skull bothers me as I don’t believe it has been solved yet. I don’t think they have even identified it as being male or female. And I cannot find it on namus either.
. anyway I recently came across the skull with the fillings again..but don’t know if this ever got solved. Does anyone know?

Hunter finds detached skull in Long Island field
By Kathianne Boniello and Jennifer Bain

March 4, 2017 | 10:15pm

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members