OK Foss lake Discovery

So if there was a boat ramp there once......If they took it out due to people driving into the lake, wouldn't they look there before taking it out?

Sorry for two quick posts. Lakes are notorious places to dump bodies. My hometown has a lake and bodies are frequently found on the beach. Rumors have always been that the Mob uses it to dispose of people. People have seen large cars pull something that looks like a body out of the trunk and throw it into the water. No one talks to authorities or LE. JMO

I think it was Tommy Rios who had lived there just 4 months. He moved there from OKC along with his mother and stepfather.

So if there was a boat ramp there once......If they took it out due to people driving into the lake, wouldn't they look there before taking it out?

The boat ramp is still there, they are standing on it at the edge of the water in many of the photos. It is simply a sloping concrete drive that goes down into the water. The concrete extends under the water, sloping down so that when a boat trailer is backed down the ramp, the boat can be driven/floated/pulled right up onto the trailer. Boat ramps look just like any driveway area, they just slope down into and under the water level.

See post #11 in the photo gallery, picture number four shows the ramp best from an aerial shot.

At this link the fourth photo from the top shows officers at the exact spot the ramp enters the water

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2013/09/three-teens-missing-for-over-40-years.html

:thewave:

I wonder if maybe they were talking and did not realize the road ended?
Or maybe going fast for the conditions?
What was the weather like that day?:twocents:
If it was raining they may have not been paying attention?
Whatever the situation I am so glad they and that other car was found.
Maybe some more towns with people and their cars missing should try the Sonar method too?

Given the history our medical examiners office has here, that doesn't surprise me. I wonder if she's considering the backlog that they have there.

I could not find anything on the Alvi ? Forget his name now?
Person...story...profile:twocents:?

Looks to me like it was deep where the cars may have floated to?
More cases similar to this should also be sonar searched.
I always wondered if they maybe had gone over a cliff.Now we know it was water.

Can I ask? Do they know they have all the bodies from the place?? Have they continued searching???

Looks to me like it was deep where the cars may have floated to?
More cases similar to this should also be sonar searched.
I always wondered if they maybe had gone over a cliff.Now we know it was water.

Water depth was reported to be about 12 feet.

This is a fascinating story (and, my first WS post, although I've "lurked" for some time). It is interesting to note that if the topography of this lake and the roads leading to it are somewhat conducive to "roll-ins", then, I ask this: have there been other unintentional roll-ins since the 1970s? The fact that this site doesn't have a "stigma" of people just accidentally rolling into the water due to poor visibility, etc., leads me to believe that these are not just tragic accidents. Or, are there more missing persons cases that could be solved under the murky waters of Foss Lake?

This is a fascinating story (and, my first WS post, although I've "lurked" for some time). It is interesting to note that if the topography of this lake and the roads leading to it are somewhat conducive to "roll-ins", then, I ask this: have there been other unintentional roll-ins since the 1970s? The fact that this site doesn't have a "stigma" of people just accidentally rolling into the water due to poor visibility, etc., leads me to believe that these are not just tragic accidents. Or, are there more missing persons cases that could be solved under the murky waters of Foss Lake?

What could they do to redesign the boat ramp and adjacent road structures to make it safer, so that these kinds of things don't happen again?

Satch

I have been saying this for years,

They need to sonar just about every lake that's accessible by road. Every time I read about a missing person who disappeared with their car and neither their car nor they have ever been found I always check to see where the closest body of water was.

Also, according to the teens in the '69 chevy, they went out hunting and had shot guns in the back of the car. I haven't read anything about finding shot guns in the trunk, but then again looking at the pictures it looks like the back side of the car was pretty destroyed.

I posted this on the breaking news but it's possible their remains have turned up in Foss Lake. Not sure how far that is from where they went missing, but here is the news story I came across after seeing remains had been found.
http://www.news9.com/story/23456704/skeletal-remains-of-five-people-pulled-from-lake-in-custer-county

They were last seen in Sayre, heading to Elk City, Sayre is a 36 minute drive from Foss Lake and Elk City was only about 15 miles east of it.

Honestly if they were out hunting then they probably would have gone to Foss Lake, it looks like the closest major park area to where they lived.

I am happy that these people are finally found, but saddened that their lives were cut short. I often ran across the 3 teens MP reports when comparing to UIDs and wondered what happened to them.
RIP

I read somewhere that the cars were facing opposite directions, but I cannot find a link anywhere!

Did anybody else read that?

I can see both cars driving into the lake, but I cannot figure out how one car would back into the lake???

Found it - The cars were facing different directions.

The biggest question remains unanswered. How did the cars -- which faced different directions -- come to be in the lake?http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/19/us/oklahoma-lake-bodies/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

There are more explanations than I can count for that one:

Different models of cars sank differently

Going at different speeds when they hit the water, due to the velocity of one car it might have spun

Due to the Camero going missing in late November he could have spun out on some ice trying to hit the brakes when he realized they were speeding towards the water.

The bigger car that looks like a boat could have floated for a couple minutes, enough time for it to start turning in the water.

It doesn't all have to be alien abductions and serial killers (I'm not directing that at you, I just got done reading through the comments on some of those news sites and I swear it lowered my IQ a couple of points). Sometimes accidents happen

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11
Back