Found Alive AZ - Alicia Navarro, 14, autistic, Glendale, 16 Sep 2019 *found in 2023* MEDIA THREAD- NO DISCUSSION

DS2021

Reaction score

7/30/23

Alicia Navarro was 14 at the time she went missing. The now 18-year-old walked into a police station in Montana on July 22 and told authorities she had been missing and wanted to clear her status, police said in the statement released Thursday.

Gonzalez called into the news radio show Sunday evening from Phoenix at 4:30 p.m. as night owl listeners in the United Kingdom tuned in at 12:30 a.m.

[..]

When was Alicia Navarro reported missing?​

Navarro was first reported missing in September of 2019 when she was 14 years old after leaving a note in her bedroom saying she was running away and would return home soon.

At the time she was reported missing, she attended Bourgade Catholic High School in Phoenix. Her mother, Jessica Nuñez, said school was not an easy concept for Alicia in part due to her diagnosis as "high-functioning" on the autism spectrum, according to earlier reporting from The Republic.

Nuñez explained at a press conference on the one-year anniversary of her disappearance that Navarro was warming up to the school and the friends she made in her classes. She also spoke of a day they spent together days before she disappeared where Navarro appeared "really happy that day," according to Nuñez.

Navarro was described as an active gamer with Nuñez saying she would come home after school and interact with her friends online through text messages and online video game services, such as Minecraft.

7/28/23

An Arizona girl who disappeared nearly four years ago has turned up at a police station in Montana.

Thousands of tips have come in to the FBI and the Center for Missing and Exploited Children since Alicia Navarro allegedly ran away in 2019.

On Tuesday, police in her hometown of Glendale, Arizona, said she had "showed up to a police department" some 40 miles (64km) from the US-Canada border.

"Miracles do exist," her mother Jessica Nunez said in a post on Facebook.

[..]

But her mother told CBS News, the BBC's US partner, that she believed her daughter had been lured away by somebody she met online.

"It's not something that happened out of the blue," she said, "and I do believe that she was lured thinking that she was going to have some kind of adventure, party or maybe love."

The teenager had been diagnosed as high-functioning on the autism spectrum and was an avid video game player, she added.

According to Ms Nunez, her child was the first in Arizona to receive a silver alert, a rare emergency notification for missing persons with "specific cognitive or developmental disabilities" and seniors.

At a news conference on Tuesday, Glendale police spokesman Jose Santiago said Alicia, now 18, had walked into the Montana police station alone and identified herself.
She asked for help to clear her from the missing juvenile list but seemed safe, healthy and happy, he said.

7/29/23

HAVRE, Mont. -- A man was detained and questioned by police and his Montana apartment searched as authorities tried to piece together the mysterious disappearance and sudden reappearance this week of Alicia Navarro, who was 14 when she vanished from her Arizona home four years ago.

Police on Friday provided no details about Wednesday's search or the identity of the man, who was released. But Garrett Smith, who lives in the apartment next to the one that was searched, said for at least a year Navarro lived there with the man who was questioned. He described them as quiet and said he hasn't seen the man since the night police were there.

Navarro's whereabouts were revealed Sunday when she showed up at the Havre police station and told officers she wanted her name removed from the missing persons list. Police in Glendale, Arizona, the community where she lived before disappearing, held a news conference Wednesday to announce that she'd been found.

Outside of a brief video appearance at the news conference, Navarro has said nothing publicly. On Friday, an Associated Press reporter knocked on the door of the apartment that was searched in Montana and the woman who opened it said she wanted to be left alone. The woman didn't give her name but looked and sounded like Navarro.

Police had not made any arrests as of Friday night and questions remained about how she got there, who she has been with and what she has been doing since she ran away.

Jul 28, 2023
New details in the Alicia Navarro case continue to come out in the days after the missing Arizona teen walked into a police station in Havre, Montana. Officials say detectives have served a search warrant at a residence in Montana. Four people have been interviewed, but no arrests have been made. FOX 10 Phoenix investigative reporter Justin Lum spoke with a man who claims to have seen Alicia in June of 2022.

Jul 27, 2023 PHOENIX
A former FBI agent gives his opinion on the video Glendale police released of Alicia Navarro when she reappeared this week after missing for four years.

Jul 28, 2023 #NewsNationLive #Missing
A spokesman for the family of an Arizona girl who vanished nearly four years ago before appearing at a Montana police station this week says she is “safe and healthy,” but the investigation is just beginning.

Nov 27, 2020 #TamronHall #TamronHallShow
Jessica Nunez has not seen her 13-year-old daughter, Alicia Navarro, since September 15, 2019. Jessica joins the show to talk about her daughter’s disappearance and the dark side of gaming.

Jul 29, 2023
Glendale Police have been in Havre, Montana working to figure out where Alicia Navarro, who's now 18, has been for the last almost four years.

Jul 27, 2023 #glendale #arizona #policedepartment
Jessica Nunez's daughter Alicia Navarro walked into a police station and identified herself after being missing for four years. The mother said her prayers have been answered, confirming that: "She is my daughter, she is alive, and she is safe."

Jul 26, 2023 GLENDALE
The Glendale Police Department held a news conference on July 26, 2023 detailing the miraculous safe recovery of a missing Glendale teen who disappeared in the middle of the night in September 2019.

Oct 15, 2021
Watch NewsNation for unbiased national and international news. Get the latest news 24/7 at newsnationnow.com.

Sep 14, 2022
Alicia Navarro left her home in September 2019 a few days before her 15th birthday. She left a note promising she'd return, but she hasn't been seen since.

Premiered May 18, 2023 #alicianavarro #missingperson #truecrime
Let's talk about what happened to 14 year old Alicia Navarro. On September 14th, 2019 - 14 year old Alicia Navarro asked her mother, Jessica, if she could stay home from school. She was only five days away from turning 15 years old and that day, she was feeling anxious. So Jessica didn't want to pressure her daughter to go to school and she agreed to let Alicia stay home. That day, Jessica and Alicia had a wonderful day together. They went to eat McDonalds, they got their eyebrows done and they went to a chocolate shop. It was a really nice day and later when they got home, Jessica could hear Alicia laughing in her bedroom. Which made her believe that she was feeling better and less anxious.

7/31/23

Alicia Navarro’s mother pleaded for the public to “move on” from her long-missing teen daughter’s sudden reappearance — warning that the “search for answers has taken a turn for the dangerous.”

“Let’s focus that my daughter is alive. This is a miracle,” mom Jessica Nuñez wrote Sunday night alongside an emotional video plea posted to her “Finding Alicia” Facebook page.

She expressed appreciation for everyone who has supported her since 2019, when her daughter — who walked into a Montana police station last week — first went missing days before her 15th birthday.

“I could never have kept going without all of your love, help and well wishes. I can’t even put into words the amount of gratitude I have for you all,” Nuñez says haltingly.

“But now that we know Alicia is alive, I have to ask one more favor of you. I know you want answers and I do, too. But the public’s search for answers has taken a turn for the dangerous,” she continues.

8/1/23

The mother of a teenager who identified herself at a police station four years after disappearing is begging people to leave her family alone as they figure out what happened.
“I know you want answers, and I do, too,” Jessica Nuñez, the mother of Alicia Navarro, said in a video posted to Facebook on Sunday. “But the public search for answers has taken a turn for the dangerous.”

Nuñez said she has been harassed and her family attacked on social media since Navarro, now 18, approached police in Montana on July 23 and asked to be cleared from a missing-persons list. Some people have shown up at the family’s house in Glendale, Ariz., jeopardizing Navarro’s safety, her mother said.

“I beg you, please, no more TikToks, no more reaching out to Alicia or to me with your speculations or questions or assumptions,” Nuñez said. “This is not a movie. This is our life.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back