Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
KLFY now stating that authorities have confirmed that it is the body Mickey Shunick.

Guessing that perhaps her clothing or other personal article(s) was found along with the body, thus the quick ID.

As per KATC:

KATC-TV 3: Acadiana's Newschannel
7 minutes ago
Law enforcement sources tell KATC a body was found in a private cemetery on LA 10 heading toward Oakdale in Evangeline Parish.
b-ta-boi? an old slave cemetary...not sure of the correct spelling...

can't be...realized it is not in Evangeline Parish

Keep an eye on procedure when a body is found. A positive ID needs made first, then first of kin notified before the press gets confirmation. That's the way it should be working...

Oh, so sad. Somewhere inside, I had held on to a tiny sliver of hope for Mickey.

I thought about the posting of Foxfire about the body being found in another jurisdiction, if it is indeed in MS, this would be the 8th jurisdiction correct?

IN A CEMETERY???? :eek:

I think a few people here predicted that possibility. Maybe he was the one who stole Brettly's bike too?

I was the one that posted many many threads back that he used to frequent cemeteries and was known to play with skulls. It was never confirmed. I got that info through Cajun Net. Anyway, it kind of ironic that that's where Mickey's body would be found, if indeed it is her.

I'm sure we have all been praying for this day, the day Mickey would be found and finally come home. I'm so thankful her family will be able to lay her to rest and have a place where they can come to sit with her. God, please bless the Shunick family right now, may they be surrounded by your peace and love.

Chalie has stated before that her hope was that if and when this day came, she hoped that news media outlets would let the family be notified first before jumping to release the info in social media. She stated that she felt her family deserved this after being so open with their situation all along. Sadly, it seems her request was not honored. :(

Sad. I knew it was not likely but I hoped...

Wow. Hate to say it, but we all feared this day as well wished to to be here. Sad day.

Chalie has stated before that her hope was that if and when this day came, she hoped that news media outlets would let the family be notified first before jumping to release the info in social media. She stated that she felt her family deserved this after being so open with their situation all along. Sadly, it seems her request was not honored. :(

I totally agree with Charlie. The family should not have to find out about it on the Internet.

Has it been stated who found the body, even if it's not Mickie?

***Treat as rumor until confirmed***

A family member of mine, who works for one of the government bodies in Acadiana, states that two different sources of his say that BSL led authorities to the body of MS.

Again, this is to be treated as hearsay, and if it needs to be deleted or hidden or whatever, then I understand...but I wanted to pass it along.

Wow! If that's true, I didn't see that coming at all!!!

Yeah, no kidding. I am in shock over that part, more than anything else, if it is true. I would have sworn he would never confess to anything.
But now the other thread says only one body found and it is male...so who knows...

Makes me angry if BL confessed and LE did not even tell the Shunicks that much...to warn them that they were going out looking based on his confession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie