Found Deceased France - Émile S., 2, outside grandparent’s house, Le Vernet, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, 8 July 2023 #2

How did the skull end up in the middle of the road/path?
Toddler's skulls are very round, so it looks like they roll even more easily than adult skulls. Considering it was in a mountainous area, the skull probably rolled down from somewhat above, either from his resting place (snow melting etc) or from the place animals dragged the remains. If the road is situated in a way that on one side of it there is a hillside going up, then it can make sense that the skull going down from there would stop rolling somewhere in that flater area that includes the road. I would not be surprised if that's what happened, IIRC Esther Dingley's skull was also found elsewhere from the rest of her remains due to rolling down in the mountains, and she was an adult.

Of course, we have no basis to rule out foul play, either with the skull still ending up there on it's own nor with someone planting the partial remains there. Right in the middle of the road, though? What was the usual "traffic" on that road and was the walker who found the skull a regular walker there? But alas, we also have no basis to rule foul play in.
In some other thread there was recently a comment about how the distance of the remains statistically indicates the relationship between the killer and the victim. IIRC, it is basically that stranger killings usually involve more distance and they don't bring the remains back to the area of the victim; killings by acquaintances are most likely to leave the body very close; and killings by family members usually include trying to distance yourself from the body and taking it away. Just found it interesting and sounding accurate.

The search for the remains of little Émile Soleil (2.5 years old) in the French Haut-Vernet has been stopped. The French BFMTV reports this based on a statement from the public prosecutor.

The search “led to the discovery of several remains of Émile that are currently being examined by the Criminal Research Institute of the National Gendarmerie (IRCGN),” the prosecutor said.

Zoektocht naar stoffelijke resten van Franse kleuter Émile stopgezet
Zoektocht naar stoffelijke resten van Franse kleuter Émile stopgezet

It appears there is some confusion as to where some of Émile's remains were actually found. Journalists from Le Parisien claim to have spoken to the woman who found the skull and they were then able to pinpoint its location... Much closer to the grandparents' home, in a different direction than what was previously reported:

Screenshot_20240414_125411_Samsung Internet.jpg

I find the contamination of both evidence and possible crime scene very troubling.moo

Blachon said that the woman who found the remains had "carefully" put the skull into a plastic bag before returning to her home with it and calling the gendarmerie. He refused to give more details about the individual.

Mort du petit Emile : le sentier où a été retrouvée une partie du corps au cœur de nombreuses interrogations (extrait traduction Reverso)
The area seems inaccessible to a child of 2 years and a half. The walk is rough through the rocks and you have to be careful not to fall into a ravine on the left. Trees as far as the eye can see... After more than twenty minutes of walking on this rugged terrain, one approaches the place where Emile’s clothes were found Everything becomes complicated, the descent is steep, a stream makes the earth muddy and the humidity is felt. The descent continues, and the difference in altitude is very strong. Finally a waterfall appears: we are back near the departmental road 900. Questions in your head.Capture d’écran 2024-04-16 à 08.14.06.png

Mort du petit Emile : le sentier où a été retrouvée une partie du corps au cœur de nombreuses interrogations (extrait traduction Reverso)
The area seems inaccessible to a child of 2 years and a half. The walk is rough through the rocks and you have to be careful not to fall into a ravine on the left. Trees as far as the eye can see... After more than twenty minutes of walking on this rugged terrain, one approaches the place where Emile’s clothes were found Everything becomes complicated, the descent is steep, a stream makes the earth muddy and the humidity is felt. The descent continues, and the difference in altitude is very strong. Finally a waterfall appears: we are back near the departmental road 900. Questions in your head.View attachment 497470
might be an idea to look at this in conjunction with weather maps showing any severe winds or other weather events in the area since his departure..

He wouldn't have climbed a tree, would he? He was 2 and a half but was accustomed to long treks if I remember correctly from the early threads?

I've seen so many cases where people (children or otherwise) did things it was insisted they wouldn't have been able to do. I no longer believe it's impossible for anyone to do anything; I only believe it's *unlikely* they could do it.
Correct.
And toddlers don’t think like adults. Don’t see risks like adults.

A 20 minute walk isn’t outside the realms of possibility for a lot of 2.5 year olds.

Correct.
And toddlers don’t think like adults. Don’t see risks like adults.

A 20 minute walk isn’t outside the realms of possibility for a lot of 2.5 year olds.
I agree. The thing about toddlers, is they're almost always controlled by adults. Parents don't allow their toddlers to wander, following them at a distance to see where and how fast they go...they quickly intervene if the child runs out of reach, and literally confine them. So they have no idea what a child that age could do, if unrestrained.

Even further, IMO adults instinctively do this because, at some level, we know children that young could quickly run off and be gone, hiding, and impossible to find.

ETA, I'm somewhat shocked that the witnesses apparently just watched him running down the street, and didn't rescue him.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back