GUILTY France - Fiona Chafoulais, 5, Clermont-Ferrand, 12 May 2013 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The article gives no hint that he was extradited. I am wondering if he voluntarily flew back, confident he'd beat the rape charge from Cecile, then got slapped with another one he didn't expect, when he stepped off the plane?

I for one will never forget the 'Cecile smirk' when she appealed for help to find the daughter she herself had buried in an unmarked grave.

and this one:
This picture is Cecile appealing to the public for her daughter Fiona, to be found...

In actuality it is the picture of a Murder who, along with her boyfriend, caused her 5 year old daughter Fiona Chafoulais' to die, and to then bury the childs body somewhere that she can no longer recall. She did this whilst pregnant to the other Murderer of Fiona - (boyfriend Berkane), and took her other daughter in the car with them to find somewhere to bury Fiona.

images

It's interesting that Cecile's alleged rapist appears to have voluntarily flown back into France?

I thought it also interesting he was charged very near the time Fi went missing, right? May of last year? Considering the 'rape' happened a year prior, what is the story here?

Where is the new baby ? Please tell me they removed her uterus when the new one is born ? SICKENING !

Thank-you for the link ann11 -
I really feel sorry for these poor children :(
They are now being shoved from pillar to post -

and is this correct.. She also alerted authorities Perpignan after discovering a hematoma to ear Eva.
http://www.24matins.fr/fiona-petite-soeur-eva-frere-retires-mere-cecile-bourgeon-64621
Did something happen to Eva while in the care of her Grandparents?
I apologize if it is the translation from French to English - the article in which it was quoted maybe refering to the incident which was mentioned sometime back when the custody for the children was being sorted out after Malouf and Cecile were arrested.

I hope the other little girl can recuperate from the emotional and physical abuse she suffered, it appears she was in the car when her sister was buried :(

I hope the other little girl can recuperate from the emotional and physical abuse she suffered, it appears she was in the car when her sister was buried :(

Oh no ;(

french to english translation

Fiona: his mother risk 5 years in prison for 30 against his stepfather
http://www.24matins.fr/fiona-mere-risque-5-ans-prison-contre-30-beau-pere-62166

cecile had been researching missing children, she was driving the car to the spot she must have already chosen beforehand. very hard to believe she now doesnt remember where her naked little girl is buried?

I agree bearbear - I do not and have not believed either of them regarding where Fiona is buried.
I am suspicious of what else might be found if they find Fiona.
What could be so damning to find in the grave, that 30 years in prison is better that giving up the location?

(sorry if this sounds terrible) but, I have wondered if they are waiting for time to decompose Fiona's body to bones so that any other evidence would be ruined.

Give them a 'Never to Be Released' and 'No Parole' sentence unless they talk the truth.

http://www.bing.com/translator
On arrival at the courthouse, 40 people were present. The stepfather was booed the newspaper and the crowd yelled "assassin." From a window of the Court, he shouted to turn 'innocent '.
-----
Berkane Makhloug, the father-in-law of Fiona risks 30 years in prison for assault and battery, resulting in death without intention of giving. Regards, the mother, it may 5 years in prison including for concealment and concealment of the body of the girl, withdrawal of an imaginary fact, destruction of evidence and assistance to person in danger. They are now waiting for the decision of the judge of freedoms for a possible pre-trial detention.

I cant work out if these are the sentences given or this is what the authorities predict the sentences will be :waitasec:

I think the articles are just talking about the possible sentences they will be given. I don't understand it though - earliest articles said Cecile would face a really short sentence (just months maybe) and then the prosecutor amended her charges so she was facing 20 or 30 years too, I thought?

If Cecile gets 5 years, she will probably be due for immediate release by the time she receives the sentence (time served). It will be such an injustice for little Fiona if that happens. And there will be plenty of time for Cecile to go on and have more babies....:(

There is a video in French here, that seems to be a reconstruction documentary. I'll share it here and try and post a precis later - unless a fluent speaker cares to jump aboard and do it for me. I wouldn't complain....

http://youtu.be/29B4Oaje3PQ

I'm so mad ! I've been watching lots of ID shows ( as always) and I was thinking specifically about little Fiona and how different this all would be if they had the death penalty in France. I don't wan to start a debate on the DP at all, but it's a very useful tool in cases where they know someone has died but the perp will not tell where the body is. They arrest these people and remove the death penalty as punishment in exchange for telling the location of their victims and it seems to work almost every time ! At this point, there is nothing to compel FI's ****** mother from telling her location. It's apparent that guilt or remorse or compassion will not do it. :( I do hold out a tiny sliver of realization that her mom may not KNOW the exact location and that the bf did the majority of the burial/disposal and/or that both were in a drug stupor and don't recall, but that's a tiny sliver.

Sleep with the angels little Fi.

I'm so mad ! I've been watching lots of ID shows ( as always) and I was thinking specifically about little Fiona and how different this all would be if they had the death penalty in France. I don't wan to start a debate on the DP at all, but it's a very useful tool in cases where they know someone has died but the perp will not tell where the body is. They arrest these people and remove the death penalty as punishment in exchange for telling the location of their victims and it seems to work almost every time ! At this point, there is nothing to compel FI's ****** mother from telling her location. It's apparent that guilt or remorse or compassion will not do it. :( I do hold out a tiny sliver of realization that her mom may not KNOW the exact location and that the bf did the majority of the burial/disposal and/or that both were in a drug stupor and don't recall, but that's a tiny sliver.

Sleep with the angels little Fi.

Ive thought of that too SCHMAE :(
Maybe 'Never to Be Released' might jog their memory.
Having to sit in jail for the rest of their lives until they say something - and then after they find poor little Fi - maybe they can be considered for a reduced sentence.

I will never believe that they don't know where she is.
I also think that they are both confident Fi wont be found by others either - that's also why they wont give up the information of where she has been placed.
:furious:

'Berkane Makhlouf is a person who seeks ways to manipulate, to provoke, to play games and then pass himself off as a victim'

Berkane's appeal against his one year jail sentence for assault has just been turned down. Not surprisingly really - who appeals and then refuses to come out of jail for the hearing? The 8 guards he assaulted all turned up though. :)

Hopefully, he will still be in prison when Fiona's case finally comes to court. I'm afraid they'll give him bail otherwise and he'll take off.

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...=un+an+ferme+pour+berkane&client=safari&hl=en

Another little story here about it. I couldn't get it to google translate without taking forever to load, but I think it's just about the same story - except it looks like he also has to pay 400 euros compensation?

http://m.directmatin.fr/#article/670635

He has to pay 400€ to each of the prison gaurds he assaulted and was sentenced to 1 year of prison without parole.
The death penalty was only abolished in France in 1981 (mainly because they were executing innocent people)
I think it is a shame there are no cadaver dogs here that poor little girl deserves a decent burial

'Missing boy existed only on Facebook'

Very strange. A woman in the same department (state) as little Fiona's case happened, has been charged with inventing a missing child, Chayson Basinio, and causing police to launch huge search efforts over the weekend.

The missing two year old 'child' was not real - he was invented on social media only, from various trawlings by the woman, with help from her teenage daughter and cousin, police say. She now faces six months in prison.

She doesn't seem to have been named yet. I wonder if the missing pages for the imaginery child are still around though?

Sadly, it does seem as though the woman may have been 'inspired' by the all the attention little Fiona's case generated. It really leaves me shaking my head....all those resources wasted, and with poor little Fiona still needing to be found....

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/17/auvergne-france-missing-boy-existed-only-facebook

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TomKWoodstock
Back