France France - Grégory Villemin, 4, Lépanges-sur-Vologne, 16 October 1984

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Donjeta, May 22, 2013.

1. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

The smiling boy whose murder haunts France

Published: 25 Apr 2013 16:31 GMT+02:00 | Print version
    Updated: 25 Apr 2013 16:31 GMT+02:00

Who’s Grégory Villemin?

He was a four-year-old boy found drowned in the Vologne river near Docelles, in eastern France in October 1984.

Why has he been in the news this week?

On Wednesday, a prosecutor in the city of Dijon announced that much-anticipated DNA tests on Grégory’s clothes, and on cords used to tie up his hands and feet, had been inconclusive.

http://www.thelocal.fr/20130425/gregory-boy-murder-france-haunt#.UZzolcpGAWw

2. Loading...

3. STANDREID

STANDREID A slacker when slacker wasn't cool

It's certainly a big case. I have it on my Classic Cold Case Poll but it doesn't have any votes yet.

4. Stella

Stella Member

I've looked on several sites about the case but can't find an answer to a very important question-did The Crow's letters and phone calls stop after Jean-Marie Villeman murdered his cousin, Laroche?

5. STANDREID

This year, it will be 30 years since little 4-year-old Gregory was murdered. The case that featured an individual who identified themselves as Le Corbeau (The Crow) and who taunted the Villemin family by both telephone and letter before and after the murder. By phone, the Crow's voice was so frantic that it was not possible to tell if it was a man or a woman. On the day of the murder, the Crow sent one last letter saying "I HAVE MY REVENGE". Later, Gregory's father shot and killed his cousin who police were investigating but there was no evidence against Bernard Laroche who was most likely innocent. Mr. Villemin served 4 years in prison for the killing. Gregory's mother Christine was put on trial for killing her child but the verdict came back as not guilty. So today it stands as an unsolved case.

6. Ellmau

Ellmau Well-Known Member

Arrests!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40277466

7. MelmothTheLost

MelmothTheLost Well-Known Member

8. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

9. STANDREID

So who are they saying did it and why did they do it? To me, it looks like the people brought in are just being held as individuals who were protecting the actual killer-have I missed something?

10. Littlegreenlady

Littlegreenlady Member

According to this article:
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/28/murder-little-gregory-unsolved-case-france?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Add_to_Pocket