France - Kim Kardashian held at gunpoint, Paris, 2016 *arrests*

Well maybe she can now advocate against home invasions and donate time or money to serious causes.

Her worst fear was that she was going to raped. Well hopefully she will wake up and see that life isn't a selfy game and get out there and get serious and possibly help offer funds for more resources or outlets for rape victims to have.

Kim and Kanye own the apartment why would you stay in a hotel when you own an apartment in the city? .

According to this, they don't own the apartment. I don't know what semi-permanently renting means.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/trave...l-where-Kim-Kardashian-was-robbed-at-gunpoint

Both it and a neighbouring annex were*bought by French businessman*Alexandre*Allard in 2004 for an estimated*€31 million.

In 2010, it was*renovated to become luxurious accommodation for the rich and famous, with interior designer Mathieu Rupin revealing details of its interiors on his blog.

West was understood to have rented an apartment semi-permanently since 2011, and Kardashian West visited the hotel for the first time that year.

HAS KIM KARDASHIAN BECOME THE LATEST VICTIM OF THE PINK PANTHER GANG? HEIST BEARS ALL THE HALLMARKS OF INFAMOUS FRENCH JEWEL THIEVES

Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-quick-thinking-friend-called-bodyguard.html

If the Pink Panthers were involved in the robbery at Kim's home - a luxury block apartment block called Hotel Pourtalès - they would have done their homework.

They probably monitored Kim's social media and may have seen the jewelry she was wearing in Paris after she Snapchatted a picture.

They would have cased the building beforehand.

The only security at the building was a concierge, who was quickly overpowered, tied up, gagged, and hidden in a cupboard in the stairwell of the building.

The Pink Panthers' modus operandi is to use minimal violence - deaths brings more 'heat' from the police - but they were armed and would have been more than a match than any bodyguards Kim might have had.

The building has 'hidden entrances' for stars trying to avoid the paparazzi, but these would also have allowed the gang to have got in and out without being noticed.

The stolen jewelry was probably taken out of France within hours of the robbery and the Pink Panthers are thought to have a detailed and enduring network of 'fences' who have plenty of experience of turning booty into cash.

One of the gang's most audacious crimes was at the Wafi Mall in Dubai in 2007.

BBM

more at link, with CCTV from the Wafi Mall robbery but you have to dig deep deep down ;)

http://people.com/archive/kim-kardashian-west-robbery-how-she-escaped/

“[Kim] was tied up, and gagged with duct tape wrapped around her head. They put plastic ties around her wrists but she managed to squeeze her hands out of the wrist ties by wriggling her hands,” a source close to Kardashian West tells PEOPLE.

After freeing herself, Kardashian West “screamed from the balcony” and was heard by her close friend Simone Harouche, a separate source says to PEOPLE. Harouche, a former Kardashian stylist, was in a nearby room but was not present during the break in. “[Simone] was downstairs and called Pascal (Kim’s bodyguard) not knowing what was going on asking if everything was OK,” the source explained.

What, no selfies with Kim and the robbers?

iPhones can be remotely wiped I know because I accidentally wiped my mum's phone thinking it was mine. It would be difficult to access an iPhone with Touch ID needing your fingerprint along with a password. Maybe they took the phones to buy more time to escape and/or prevent Kim managing to take a photo/recording of the gang.

Exactly what I was thinking. You can also track your iphone, maybe they tossed them into a nearby trash can. I doubt the robbers wanted to be tracked down by keeping the phones. Wiping the phones should've been done immediately if Kim is concerned about the content. <modsnip>

Kardashian West assailants still at large after heist

Associated Press 6:41 a.m. EDT October 4, 2016

Paris — French police on Tuesday continued hunting for five people suspected of assaulting Kim Kardashian West in a private Paris residence before robbing her of more than $10 million worth of jewelry.

Paris police said they were analyzing footage from surveillance cameras to try and identify the assailants, who wore fake police emblems on their jackets.

After forcing their way into the American celebrity’s apartment in the chic eighth district, the robbers held her up at gunpoint and locked her in a bathroom before escaping on bicycles in the early hours of Monday. They stole a jewelry box containing valuables worth 6 million euros ($6.7 million) as well as a ring worth 4 million euros.

Kardashian West, who was in the French capital to attend fashion week shows, returned to the U.S. Monday...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/en...16/10/04/people-kim-kardashian-west/91525894/

The arguments for why this is a hoax are grasping at straws.

It must be a hoax because....she was wearing a robe?
Because there were no paparazzi outside? It was 2:30 AM
Because the robbers made her get out of bed?
Because she was wearing makeup the next day?

Those are some of the arguments I've seen in this thread. I don't see them as convincing.

Nobody deserves to be bound and forced into a bathtub pleading for their lives because:

1. They are famous for "nothing"
2, They post a lot on social media
3. They enjoy taking selfies
4. They own expensive jewelry
5. They are wealthy
6. They have a sex tape
7. They have taken nude photos
8. They are married to someone you don't like
9. They are the stars of a reality show
10. They like to wear revealing outfits

Kim is still a human being. If you feel more contempt for her than you do people like Chris Brown, Woody Allen, Roman Polanski, and Bill Cosby...think very hard about why.
Good post!

It makes me shake my head. On any other thread mods would be giving time outs like candy bags at Halloween.

You don't have to like her, but she is a daughter, sister, mother, friend and she doesn't deserve to be talked about like this.

Kim's whole business is selling herself (I don't agree or particularly like her). Posting on SM with her ring was not in good taste or smart, but that doesn't mean she DESERVED what happened to her.

I think that to some extent, someone in their security circle was responsible for assisting in this heist. I do think the robbers are professionals , and that they probably paid the stooge very well. I would even look at the concierge of the hotel.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Kanye West postpones Palace show after robbery incident

Adam Graham, The Detroit News 11:32 p.m. EDT October 3, 2016

Kanye West has postponed his Thursday concert at the Palace of Auburn Hills “due to family concerns,” according to a statement released by his tour promoter Live Nation Monday night.

The concert will be made up on Dec. 22. Ticketholders can use their original tickets on that date.

West pulled out of a concert in New York on Sunday after his wife, Kim Kardashian West, was robbed at gunpoint at her Paris apartment. The reality star’s hands and feet were reportedly bound while five masked and armed men made off with $10 million in jewelry...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/en...-palace-show-after-robbery-incident/91511872/

Good post!

It makes me shake my head. On any other thread mods would be giving time outs like candy bags at Halloween.

You don't have to like her, but she is a daughter, sister, mother, friend and she doesn't deserve to be talked about like this.

Kim's whole business is selling herself (I don't agree or particularly like her). Posting on SM with her ring was not in good taste or smart, but that doesn't mean she DESERVED what happened to her.

I think that to some extent, someone in their security circle was responsible for assisting in this heist. I do think the robbers are professionals , and that they probably paid the stooge very well. I would even look at the concierge of the hotel.

No one deserves to be bound and gag and threatened with a gun, if this crime did indeed happen, it's frightening.
Many people are weary because they make a living creating drama, so there will be skeptics. Their own former security guard said it sounds fishy.

I didn't automatically think Amanda Knox was guilty because she did a handstand either. I like to look at all the evidence. Her reactions to shock seemed appropriate considering her age, shock and stress.

KIM KARDASHIAN WAS TAILED BY TWO MEN IN THE DAYS PRECEDING THE ROBBERY - SOURCES

Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...heist-Paris-THREE-bodyguards-missed-them.html

Kim Kardashian was tailed by two men in the days preceding her terrifying multi-million dollar robbery in Paris, sources close to the French police investigation have claimed.

The two men – described as 'Caucasian' and 'North African' – posed as a plain-clothed detective and as a photographer to gain vital 'close surveillance' information for robbery.

One even tried to gain access to the Kardashian's exclusive apartment at Hotel Pourtales ahead of the raid in the early hours of Monday morning, investigators fear.

The men – who spoke with French accents – are now thought to be suspects in the multi-million dollar jewellery heist in which Kim Kardashian begged for her life with a gun at her head.

One man is said to have acted suspiciously, joining the paparazzi 'pack' to gain 'inside' information about the star's movements while the other man apparently posed as a detective to seek access to the star at a restaurant.

'Kim Kardashian was tailed for at least three days before the robbery,' the source close to the French police investigation claimed to MailOnline.

'We know there was one man who pretended to be a photographer who followed the American celebrity on a motorbike to find out her whereabouts. Another man pretended to be a plain-clothed detective to try to get a seat next to her at the exclusive Ferdi restaurant on Thursday night.

'But both men were fakes. The photographer tried to listen in to the conversations by other snappers but he was challenged by the genuine ones.

'And the so-called policeman fled when staff at Ferdi asked to see his credentials.'

BBM

KIM KARDASHIAN WAS TAILED BY TWO MEN IN THE DAYS PRECEDING THE ROBBERY - SOURCES

Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...heist-Paris-THREE-bodyguards-missed-them.html

Kim Kardashian was tailed by two men in the days preceding her terrifying multi-million dollar robbery in Paris, sources close to the French police investigation have claimed.

The two men – described as 'Caucasian' and 'North African' – posed as a plain-clothed detective and as a photographer to gain vital 'close surveillance' information for robbery.

One even tried to gain access to the Kardashian's exclusive apartment at Hotel Pourtales ahead of the raid in the early hours of Monday morning, investigators fear.

The men – who spoke with French accents – are now thought to be suspects in the multi-million dollar jewellery heist in which Kim Kardashian begged for her life with a gun at her head.

One man is said to have acted suspiciously, joining the paparazzi 'pack' to gain 'inside' information about the star's movements while the other man apparently posed as a detective to seek access to the star at a restaurant.

'Kim Kardashian was tailed for at least three days before the robbery,' the source close to the French police investigation claimed to MailOnline.

'We know there was one man who pretended to be a photographer who followed the American celebrity on a motorbike to find out her whereabouts. Another man pretended to be a plain-clothed detective to try to get a seat next to her at the exclusive Ferdi restaurant on Thursday night.

'But both men were fakes. The photographer tried to listen in to the conversations by other snappers but he was challenged by the genuine ones.

'And the so-called policeman fled when staff at Ferdi asked to see his credentials.'

BBM
So, it could very well be that they waited for their opportunity.

She is VERY lucky that these men seemed to be "professional" jewel thieves. She could have been raped or killed. No doubt in my mind they were after that Ring for sure. She actually has 2. She has a 15 carat and a 20 carat, both engagement rings.

She needs to seriously re think flaunting her jewels on SM. And I know her style is her moneymaker, but she also needs to be more discreet regarding her comings and goings. Stop letting the paparazzi in on where she's staying for photo ops. Her children someday could be in grave danger of kidnappings.

Celebs are always in danger because their lives are so public, and hers is even more so. I feel very bad for her and I hope she doesn't use this issue for an episode or attention because people will rightly be all over it. Ugh.

Good post!

I agree. I can understand why people are skeptical but the jokes about what Kim went through are just disturbing. Kim might not be the perfect victim, but who is? There seems to be this sentiment all over the Internet that what happened to Kim is funny fpor many reasons and a big one is because she is "vain"---she likes taking selfies and wearing lots of makeup---but that applies to millions of people. It is part of our culture nowadays. You probably know somebody who is more similiar to Kim than isn't...how would you feel if that person was a victim of a violent crime and how the victim was perceived influenced the reaction to their case?

So, it could very well be that they waited for their opportunity.

She is VERY lucky that these men seemed to be "professional" jewel thieves. She could have been raped or killed. No doubt in my mind they were after that Ring for sure. She actually has 2. She has a 15 carat and a 20 carat, both engagement rings.

She needs to seriously re think flaunting her jewels on SM. And I know her style is her moneymaker, but she also needs to be more discreet regarding her comings and goings. Stop letting the paparazzi in on where she's staying for photo ops. Her children someday could be in grave danger of kidnappings.

Celebs are always in danger because their lives are so public, and hers is even more so. I feel very bad for her and I hope she doesn't use this issue for an episode or attention because people will rightly be all over it. Ugh.

When I read about this robbery, it reminded me above all of the terrorist attack on Charlie Hebdo, in Paris too.
Their office was half hidden, there was a porter at the main entrance, there was an extra safety door, but that all came to nothing when the terrorists arrived. They put a gun to the head of a young mother and forced her to reveal the safety code.
The entire idea of safety evaporated within seconds.

IMHO Kim Kardashian was very lucky that they only came after her jewellery.

IMHO both celebs and private hotels need to rethink their security options ASAP and mayby Kim's bodyguard is a nice pal and a good father, but does he think strategically? :thinking:

Oct 4 2016, 11:23 am ET

Karl Lagerfeld on Kardashian Robbery: Don't Flash Jewels With 'No Security'

by Nancy Ing

PARIS — Fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld on Friday questioned why Kim Kardashian West flaunted pictures of her expensive jewelry on social media while staying in a hotel with "no security."

Five suspects dressed as police officers gained access to the private mansion in Paris where Kardashian West was staying, before tying her up, robbing her at gunpoint and making off with an estimated $10 million in jewelry, a judicial source told NBC News.

Lagerfeld, who is creative director for Chanel, said he was surprised the reality-TV star had not stayed somewhere with better security...

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...obbery-don-t-flash-jewels-no-security-n659226

https://www.kiwicollection.com/hotel-detail/hotel-particulier

Sorry, do I know you? Oh, yes? Well, then, come closer. Here's a little secret about Paris: The true elite pass by hotels, and go straight for the secretive apartments of Hôtel Particulier Pourtales. Shhh&#8230;

Truly, if you didn't know what you were looking for, you wouldn't find Hôtel Particulier Pourtales, and that's the way they like it. A favorite of those that regularly grace magazine covers and red carpets, Hôtel Particulier Pourtales is a bit of a speakeasy. A big one actually.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back