FRANCE missing persons database?

green deer

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any French missing persons databases? I can’t find any at all for France specifically and the case i’m working on could greatly benefit from this.

There’s The doe network (which seems to not have been updated since about late 2017?), Interpol’s yellow notices for missing persons, but not really much else it seems.

There seems to be a real lack of resources for France missing persons from what i can grasp from the little i’ve been able to find (i’m a new websleuth), if anyone has ANY resources for FRENCH missing persons (or a European list that includes French) or helpful websites PLEASE LINK THEM BELOW!!!

Does anyone know of any French missing persons databases? I can’t find any at all for France specifically and the case i’m working on could greatly benefit from this.

There’s The doe network (which seems to not have been updated since about late 2017?), Interpol’s yellow notices for missing persons, but not really much else it seems.

There seems to be a real lack of resources for France missing persons from what i can grasp from the little i’ve been able to find (i’m a new websleuth), if anyone has ANY resources for FRENCH missing persons (or a European list that includes French) or helpful websites PLEASE LINK THEM BELOW!!!
Facebook Groups, one or more French based. Researched this yesterday. Bonne chance!
4069FE4E-268B-470E-B813-246CA857D5CD.jpeg

I've also struggled with this - France is one of the few European countries that doesn't seem to have an official public list of missing people. It frustrates the efforts of others who might be able to help, and I wish the French government would rethink this imbalance.

I've also struggled with this - France is one of the few European countries that doesn't seem to have an official public list of missing people. It frustrates the efforts of others who might be able to help, and I wish the French government would rethink this imbalance.
I think that Switzerland is just as bad. The problem is compounded as there are several high criteria that must be met for a citizen to even be considered «missing » and an official report filed.

Grass roots efforts are great, but essentially useless if there is no sanctioned network within law enforcement to assist in obtaining DNA and making comparisons. Ultimately wouldn’t some law-maker would have to take up the cause and bring a bill for referendum?

Even then change would be slow going. I have feeling that old guard police and gendarmerie might not be eager to take on new work loads. o_O MOO

I think that Switzerland is just as bad. The problem is compounded as there are several high criteria that must be met for a citizen to even be considered «missing » and an official report filed.

Grass roots efforts are great, but essentially useless if there is no sanctioned network within law enforcement to assist in obtaining DNA and making comparisons. Ultimately wouldn’t some law-maker would have to take up the cause and bring a bill for referendum?

Even then change would be slow going. I have feeling that old guard police and gendarmerie might not be eager to take on new work loads. o_O MOO

You're right about federal Switzerland, but a lot of the cantonal police forces post official notices. Lucerne is quite good at this, but there are others also.

You're right about federal Switzerland, but a lot of the cantonal police forces post official notices. Lucerne is quite good at this, but there are others also.
Having done a big part of researches about missing people in Switzerland I can tell you that, as stated by @BigKeyManatee , missing persons do need to fit many criterias for their cases to be published.
There is a law (that also exists in france if I'm correct) that states that "voluntary disapperances" do not lead to: Police searches // Police publicly posting about the disappearances. The Swiss Fedpol has a register but it doesn't disclose it. You need to provide good reasons to access those files.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back