Francois Houtart will NOT get a Nobel Prize

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by believe09, Dec 29, 2010.

1. believe09

believe09 New Member

"In October, after supporters of 85-year-old Francois Houtart began working to nominate him for the Nobel, a woman contacted the nonprofit organization he founded and said the priest had abused her brother 40 years ago, according to its director, Bernard Duterme."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/eu_belgi...3luX2hlYWRsaW5lX2xpc3QEc2xrA2JlbGdpYW5hY3Rpdg--

He is a Belgian Catholic Priest. He confessed to the abuse. He stated in an interview that he molested the boy, and considers his abuse "inconsiderate and irresponsible."

I consider that an understatement fwiw. Anyone think that this child was the only one??? :sick:

2. Loading...

3. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

Parking in someone's clearly marked parking space is inconsiderate and irresponsible.

Sexually abusing a child is evil and reprehensible.

4. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

I wish we could figure out a way to have Carleton Gajdusek's Nobel ripped away from him, posthumously. The man was a pedophile to the nth degree and I find it a disgrace that he received that award and even paraded some of his victims onto the stage to accept it. Disgusting!!

I personally feel that a noted person's personal life most definitely figures into the honors he should receive. If one is a pedophile, the award needs to be held back for someone researching the same subject but who can keep his/her hands off children and comport him/herself in a decent manner. JMO

5. Ada

Ada New Member

And criminal

:furious: