CA CA - Fremont, Ca Blk Fem 18-30 UP13585 Floating in the S.F. Bay, yellow timex watch Mar 80

Moonwalker9

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Case Numbers
NCMEC NumberTA 1184589
ME/C Case Number1980-00637
Demographics
SexFemale
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 30
Estimated Age Range (Years)18-30
Estimated Year of Death1980
Estimated PMI--
Height5' 4"(64 inches) , Measured
Weight112 lbs, Measured
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date FoundMarch 16, 1980
NamUs Case CreatedFebruary 25, 2015
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
General Location--Fremont, California
CountyAlameda County
GPS CoordinatesWaters of SF Bay at Red Buoy#19 appx 1 mile from Southern Pacific railroad Company bridge over Newark Slough
Circumstances of RecoveryDoe was found floating in the S.F. Bay near Red Buoy#19, Fremont area at appx. 1130 on 3/16/1980.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsNot recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Physical Description
Hair ColorBlack
Head Hair DescriptionBlack,long
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
No Known Information

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
White bra,white underwear, brown socks, blue jeans Brown belt w/ 4 Indian Head nickles in forms of studs mounted on belt.
On the Body

Jewelry
yellow metal watch-timex
On the Body

1415UFCA

Date of Discovery: March 16, 1980
Location of Discovery: Fremont, Alameda County, California
Estimated Date of Death: Days prior
State of Remains: Decomposed
Cause of Death: Possible drowning

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 18-30 years old
Race: Black
Sex: Female
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 112 lbs.
Hair: Black and long.
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Available.
Fingerprints: Available.
DNA: Not available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Blue jean type trousers; brown socks; brown belt size 32 that has 4, Indian Head nickels in form of studs mounted on belt. Belt buckle is white metal. White bra and white underwear.
Jewelry: Yellow metal, ladies Timex watch with calendar and date brown and gold face. Yellow metal raised marks in lieu of numbers.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown.

Circumstances of Discovery
The decedent was found floating in the San Francisco Bay near Red Buoy#19

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Fremont Police Department
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 510-790-6800
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 0031-6072

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 13585
Former Hot Case Number: 403

Information Source(s)
NamUs

Admin Notes
Added: 2/27/07; Last Updated: 6/20/18

Here is her face. Long hair????!! Have you seen this child? JANE DOE 1980

NCMU1184589c1.jpg

On Sunday, March 16, 1980, the body of an unidentified black female was found in the waters of the San Francisco Bay in Fremont, California (Alameda County). According to the U.S. Coast Guard, the primary entry may have been the Alviso area, Coyote Creek in the major power line areas. It is suspected she had been deceased for approximately one week. The Jane Doe is believed to have been between 18 and 25 years of age. She was approximately 5’4" and 112 lbs. She had medium length black hair and brown eyes. Her fingernails were long and clean and she had gold caps on her lower first molars. The Jane Doe was found wearing blue denim pants ("Levi Strauss & Co." brand), a brown leather belt (size 32) with four Indian Head Nickels in the form of studs mounted on the belt, calf-length brown socks, white panties and a white bra (size 34B). She was also wearing a yellow metal ladies Timex watch on her left wrist. The watch was water resistant and had a brown/gold color face with yellow metal raised marks in lieu of hour numbers. The featured reconstruction is an artist's rendering of what the Jane Doe may have looked like in life. Anyone with information should contact the Fremont Police Department, reference case number 00316072 or the Alameda County Coroner's Office reference case number 1980-0637.

Thoughts on Susan?

 BBM
Susan left Washington and returned to Georgia in 1975. She was last seen by family at her mother's home and there is no information to indicate she went back to Washington State. She was last heard from when she called her mother and grandmother’s homes in the mid-1980s, prior to her father's death in 1987.

Imo I think it's totally possible that the call was made much earlier. Height, Weight and age add up perfectly.

17 March 1980, The San Francisco Examiner, pg 38
1683696375607.png

17 March 1980, The Oakland Tribune, pg 11
1683697048420.png

Thoughts on Susan?

 BBM
Susan left Washington and returned to Georgia in 1975. She was last seen by family at her mother's home and there is no information to indicate she went back to Washington State. She was last heard from when she called her mother and grandmother’s homes in the mid-1980s, prior to her father's death in 1987.

Imo I think it's totally possible that the call was made much earlier. Height, Weight and age add up perfectly.
This is Susan's CP file, missing date 1-1-1983 (most likely a default date) Missing age 24. Susan Redding – The Charley Project

I don't know Susan being this UID. To me the narrative doesn't fit into her being found in California.

I don't know Susan being this UID. To me the narrative doesn't fit into her being found in California
Yeah, I'm not too hopeful about this match either, I was just throwing her name out there, stranger things have happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back