Front Line Workers Support

My husband works as a hospitalist at Parkland. They do their Covid unit shifts by volunteer at the moment.
He’s done a stint and has had patients test positive after being admitted to his area.
Their always getting updates during conference calls about Covid. Those are a bit scary to hear. However, they haven’t yet seen a huge spike in patients. If it happens, he feels they are ready. ‍♀️ We haven’t done much testing, tho.
Anyway, the most common “first sign” (according to him) is the loss of taste and smell-to which I replied “you never had a sense of smell”. (His entire family smoked around him as he was growing up)
We try really hard to not bring COVD into the house. So far, so good-but none of us have been tested.
He was interview by Univision about Covid the other day. He said just keep doing what we’ve been doing-disinfect, wash hands, masks, etc. They didn’t air his interview. The reporter kept trying to get my husband to sensationalize the situation. ‍♀️ Covid IS serious, it is NOT A HOAX. He’s most worried about the fall.

Was not sure where to put this as this is something very recent (released over the past week, much to my delight). A little bit about the songwriters: Des Dyer was lead singer and drummer of the British band Jigsaw (hits such as "Sky High" from 1975), and Steve Fearn was a member of the band Brass Foundry.

Des sings lead vocals. Did I mention he is 72 years old?!

I hope there will be the same help when the whole world comes out of the pandemic.

I think no one will argue that it's important to support workers no matter where they work. I, for one, once decided to go here to find a new job and after applying for it and finally taking office I joined a local labour union. Asserting my rights and the rights of my coworkers is essential.

https://www.braveofheartfund.com/

About the Fund
Together, New York Life and Cigna, through our foundations, created the Brave of Heart Fund®, dedicated to providing healthcare workers and their families with peace of mind. The Fund is designed to provide financial support in the form of charitable relief grants to support the families of healthcare workers who lose their lives to COVID-19.

In addition, Cigna behavioral health will provide emotional support and services.

If you have lost a family member who is a healthcare worker to COVID-19, please verify your eligibility to apply now.

We’re both physicians now approaching two full years of COVID patients. Sadly we have small children, one who just got vaccinated and one still too young for vaccine. This pandemic has certainly exposed both the worst and the best parts of humanity.

Free And Low Fee Therapy For Essential Workers

Free & Low Fee Short-Term
Essential Therapy for Essential Workers
Whom We Serve
Therapy Aid Coalition is presently serving essential workers impacted by the covid-19 pandemic. We define essential workers as individuals who do not have the privilege of working from home when stay-at-home orders are in place. We also include teachers and school personnel, working in person, via hybrid learning, or remote, due to the enormous strain these changes have caused.

Essential workers include, but are not limited to:

Healthcare professionals (nurses, doctors, birth doulas, providers of home health services, pharmacy employees, etc), hospital & urgent care staff (medical, administrative and support such as clergy), teachers and school personnel, EMTs, firefighters, paramedics, law enforcement & military, staff members of shelters (homeless, DV, etc), truck drivers, USPS, UPS, FedEx and other parcel delivery employees, employees of grocery stores, and delivery persons, drivers/delivery workers (instacart, Amazon Fresh, DoorDash, Uber Eats, Lyft, etc), garbage collection employees, utilities and telecommunications workers, news & media employees, gas station attendants, mass transit & airline employees, social workers, therapists and other workers in residential treatment centers, hospitals, and child welfare agencies.

The Emotional PPE Project

Welcome.
The Emotional PPE Project connects healthcare workers in need with licensed mental health professionals who can help.

No cost. No insurance. Just a trained professional to talk to.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back