GA - 3-year old dies after mother takes children into woods in freezing weather to do drugs - January 24, 2024

Clearsky

Reaction score
She probably passed out and fell asleep from whatever drug she took, and there it was.
Thank goodness the 7 y/o survived. Wondering what trauma (physical and or mental) she might have -- she's only seven. Hoping there are loving & caring relatives who can take care of the 7 year-old. Her little sibling is gone -- how do you explain that to her -- she will never see her again on this earth. SMH.
Glad to see that LE socked it to ~mom~. Grrrrrrr.

Thanks for the thread, @Clearsky.

She claimed she was lost, but deputies discovered not only did she have a phone on her, it was also charged.
[snip]
Officials allege Ridge used cocaine and marijuana before heading out into the wilderness that night.
[snip]
According to the warrant, she was accused of beating Alina, who was just 2-years-old at the time. She also reportedly dropped the toddler while she was "heavily intoxicated."
3-year-old dies after being 'lost' with mom for hours in freezing Douglasville woods

RIP Alina :(

I'm local to this, and the community is reeling. Apparently, she received a DUI in a neighboring county last year, all while she was supposed to be in treatment/therapy.

In that 2022 case, Ridge was given a $5,000 bond and ordered to take parenting classes, enter an alcohol therapy program, and stay with her mother.

Warrants show she never reported any progress on those programs and even got a DUI charge in Cobb County last year, which leaves people wondering how she managed to keep her kids

Exactly what we're all thinking IMO

In that 2022 case, Ridge was given a $5,000 bond and ordered to take parenting classes, enter an alcohol therapy program, and stay with her mother.

Warrants show she never reported any progress on those programs and even got a DUI charge in Cobb County last year, which leaves people wondering how she managed to keep her kids

Exactly what we're all thinking IMO
Why oh why, didn't DFCS remove the kids? Was she actually living with her Mother? Was her Mother supposed to be monitoring the welfare of the children? So frustrating to see this over and over.

Grandparents Terry and Donya Ridge remembered 3-year-old Alina as a cheerful and smart "fashionista" who looked up to her older brother.

"She had a beautiful singing voice, and she loved to show off her clothing," Terry Ridge told FOX 5.

When she heard the news of her granddaughter's death, Donya Ridge said her first reaction "was like an utter failure."

"we tried so hard to not get to this point and to know that that happened was terribly, terribly devastating," she said.

She says that the situation has been "difficult" because she still loves her daughter, despite what Uriah Ridge has been accused of doing.

"It’s difficult because I still love my daughter. I always will," Donya Ridge said. "You feel a little regret or the unpreparedness."

"When you’d tell her 'didn’t you just come down to get a soda,' she’d be like no, I haven't been down here at all and it just progressed," Donya Ridge said of her 35-year-old daughter.

When they realized what they were up against, the Ridges became her accountability circle, intervening when it seemed her substance abuse flared.

"When you see someone with a strong system, they’re being a mother not a smotherer," she said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rhysiare
Back