GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former LEO and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020 *Arrests* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the defendants and their lawyers feel a sense of betrayal from the judge. Things are not going as planned from the defense perspective. People are not using the historic "norms" this time around. They have to paint Mr. Arbery with a criminal brush because they are starting to see the guilty handwriting on the wall even with a predominantly white jury. Of course, these thoughts are my humble opinion.

I think the defendants and their lawyers feel a sense of betrayal from the judge. Things are not going as planned from the defense perspective. People are not using the historic "norms" this time around. They have to paint Mr. Arbery with a criminal brush because they are starting to see the guilty handwriting on the wall even with a predominantly white jury. Of course, these thoughts are my humble opinion.

BBM

Do you think the judge went too far walking out?
In the context of the defense maybe feeling betrayal.

BBM

Do you think the judge went too far walking out?
In the context of the defense maybe feeling betrayal.

I think the defendants and their lawyers feel betrayed because they thought the judge would let them do whatever they wanted as in the old boy network. They wanted to use Mr. Arbery's mental health and the word "burglary" and use phrases like "hauling *advertiser censored*" or "might have had a gun" despite him not having a gun. JMHO.

@HayleyMasonTV

Kevin Gough asked the judge for a half-day or Veteran's Day off so that people can either observe or take care of things. Gough says he has no shirts to wear at the end of the week if he doesn't get to the dry cleaners. "I'll take that all under consideration," Judge said
Ok that gave me a laugh that I needed! He said that?! Seriously! And how is that the court’s problem?! Lol!

Rest of the tweets for Tuesday, Nov. 9th:

Brian G. Buckmire
@BuckEsq
·
14h
Video of #AhmaudArbery is being admitted. #JasonSheffield is arguing that the officer cannot “authenticate” the video. Authentication is not about “chain of custody” it is about who can say, that the video shows is a “true and accurate representation of what was shown that day”

That’s fine typically in one of two ways. 1) a person who is shown in the video says they have watched the video and remember those events or 2) a person who is the “custodian” of the recording device who knows how it works, says it was in proper working order that day

An officer, who is not a custodian of the recording device & not seen in the video, cannot typically “authenticate” a video. In this #JasonSheffield should be right (in my opinion) but #JudgeWalmsley has overruled the objection. Potential appellate issue if there’s a conviction?

Greg's defense attorney #FrankHogue is getting out what was in #Greg’s mind during the chase of #AhmaudArbery through the investigator… this is a tactic defense attorney’s use to get your client’s statements out without your client testifying. Could #Greg testify?

link: https://twitter.com/BuckEsq

Wednesday, Nov. 10th:
*Trial continues (Day 4) (@ 9am ET) - GA – Ahmaud Marquez Arbery (25) (Feb. 23, 2020, shot while jogging in Satilla Shores neighborhood, Brunswick) - *Gregory Johns McMichael (64/now 65) arrested (5/7/20) & charged (5/8/20) with felony murder & aggravated assault. Indicted (6/24/20), charged & arraigned (7/17/20) with 1 count of malice murder, 4 counts of felony murder, 2 counts of aggravated assault, 1 count of false imprisonment & 1 count of criminal attempt to commit a felony. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Bond denied (11/13/20).
*Travis James McMichael (34/now 35) arrested (5/7/20) & charged (5/8/20) with felony murder & aggravated assault. Indicted (6/24/20), charged & arraigned (7/17/20) with 1 count of malice murder, 4 counts of felony murder, 2 counts of aggravated assault, 1 count of false imprisonment & 1 count of criminal attempt to commit a felony. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Bond denied (11/13/20).
*William “Roddie” Roderick Bryan, Jr. (50/now 51) arrested & charged (5/21/20) with felony murder & criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment. Indicted (6/24/20), charged & arraigned (7/17/20) with 1 count of malice murder, 4 counts of felony murder, 2 counts of aggravated assault, 1 count of false imprisonment & 1 count of criminal attempt to commit a felony. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Trial began on 10/18/21 with jury selection & ended on 11/3/21. Trial began on 11/5/21. Jurors: 5 men & 11 women with 4 alternates. 15 white/1 black jurors. 11/4/21: Juror #579 was excused, sick. Alternates now 3.
Court info from 5/8/20 thru 10/17/21 & Jury selection (Day 1-12) 10/18/21-11/3/21 & Trial (Day 1-2) 11/5/21 to 11/8/21 reference post #3 here:
GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former LEO and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020 *Arrests* #4

11/9/21 Tuesday, Trial Day 3: State witnesses: Glynn County Police Officer Jeff Brandeberry. Tasked with interviewing Greg.
for more info see post #16 here:
Officer Jeff Brandeberry continued.
for more info see post #22 here:
Detective Parker Marcy continued.
for more info see post #27 here:
For more info see post #63 here:
for more info see post #85 here:
Trial continues on 11/10/21.

*Federal charges: *Travis James McMichael (34/now 35) & *Gregory Johns McMichael & *William “Roddie” Roderick Bryan, Jr. Next motions hearing on 11/19/21. Trial set to begin on 2/7/22.

Bolding by me. Why would you only view the series of events from that point? AA trying to grab for the shotgun didn't happen in a vacuum. There was a choreographed event leading up to AA grabbing the gun. As far as I am concerned AA was not grabbing the shotgun as a means to turn the tables on TM, he was exhibiting classic defensive action by grabbing the weapon to stop being shot. That doesn't translate into grabbing the weapon turning it around and proceeding to shoot the instigator.

There are lots of people who have been shot or stabbed who attempted to grab a weapon and end up with defensive wounds. Being shot in the hand suggests AA was one of them.

I wouldn't. However, the media did condense the recording in many instances.

judge is reaming one of defense counsel for his disrespectful demeanor to court. I don't care if you like me or not, it won't be tolerated in this court. I suggest we take a moment so you can follow the court's instructions. Was that Rubin? I was listening while working so not watching the screen

I believe it was Sheffield.

@HayleyMasonTV

Kevin Gough asked the judge for a half-day or Veteran's Day off so that people can either observe or take care of things. Gough says he has no shirts to wear at the end of the week if he doesn't get to the dry cleaners. "I'll take that all under consideration," Judge said

I can understand wanting to observe Veteran's Day, but dude, buy more shirts. How do you not have at least 5 shirts?

FWIW, about when & why Travis shot AA. Spoiler: Travis didn't claim he shot first because AA was trying to grab the gun from him.

Here's what Travis himself told LE hours after he killed AA (recap from GBI Special Agent Deal's testimony in June 2020):

1. That "based on his Coast Guard experience," when AA was 30-40 yards away (on Holmes) "he knew AA wasn't going to surrender, that he was going to keep coming." (On why he armed himself & stood outside the truck, finger on trigger, as AA approached).

2. As AA approached, Travis yelled at him to stop, to get down on the ground.

3. Travis told LE he fired the first shot at AA "because he could tell AA was going to assault him."

4. (But/also). What Travis said about what happened in front of the truck was inconsistent, especially about whether or not AA hit him before he first shot.

5. Greg told LE that AA did hit Travis first, but he also said there were only 2 shots, which was wrong. Deal testified he believed Greg was describing what happened at the time of the second shot, not the first.

6. Travis told LE he backed away after firing the first shot because he was afraid of AA grabbing the gun. He said he fired the 2nd & 3rd shot intentionally, not accidentally during a struggle for the gun, and that he'd done so because AA "kept fighting him."

Another "in his own words." From yesterday, Greg on why he grabbed a gun and hunted AA down that day:

" Well I'm thinking he's either done something to someone, someone is chasing him, or you know, maybe I thought somebody drove up and found him in somebody's house, or drove up to that particular house he likes to go up to over and over again."

Greg: He was trapped like a rat. I think he wanted to flee but knew he couldn't. (Detective suggests AA had the option to keep running.) Greg: He could have kept running, he was in better shape than Travis.

I like this witness- he is not letting this defense attorney put words in his mouth and I despise this defense attorney-- trying to get this witness to say he would pull his gun if the person did not respond to his command- the cop says "no" I would not do that, but more important is; the WITNESS IS A POLICE OFFICER AND THE DEFENDANTS ARE NOT POLICE OFFICERS.-

With the facial expression from the defense attorney, I think he *thought* he knew the answer and was shocked with the witnesses response.

Well, the defense attorney needs to learn how to read cues: I am no genius, but I can see this detective has a sort of sour look on his face: He clearly does not want to be there and I don't think he likes this line of questioning.

Well, the defense attorney needs to learn how to read cues: I am no genius, but I can see this detective has a sort of sour look on his face: He clearly does not want to be there and I don't think he likes this line of questioning.

Remember that this is a LEO who watched the video of AA being killed, then interviewed both the MMs the same day, and then let them go home without being arrested or asked to come in or back for further questioning. It's a safe bet that he has been on the receiving end of a great deal of uncomfortable scrutiny, given the widespread outtrage about lack of arrests that resulted after the video first came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz