GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former PD and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It certainly looks that way to me. It appears to me that AA changed over to the right side of the truck so that he could come up on Travis from the side by surprise, rather than running straight at him like he was doing before he went to the right of the truck. But that's just how I see it.

You really believe that an unarmed man veered right so he could surprise Travis? Not that he may have been trying desperately to avoid a man standing in the road with a shotgun?
I would have ran the other way. Time to look at some more things here. Where did AA live and why was he running in a neighborhood that was not his own?

You've never gone in a neighbourhood where you don't live? Seriously?

The video made by William Bryan clearly shows the shooting in real-time. From said video it appears Ahmaud Arbery was running along the right side of the McMichael truck then abruptly turns 90 degrees to the left and attacks Travis McMichael who was standing at the front left corner of the truck . A brief skirmish ensues in which it appear Arbery strikes McMichael and appears to grab the shotgun and pull it from McMichael The shot is through Arbery s right hand palm which is consistent with him grabbing and pulling the shotgun at the barrel tip , the 2nd and 3rd wounds are consistent with the struggle for the shotgun as depicted in the video , the angle of the 2nd shot with the rear of the butt-stock being pushed away and down from the fight are also consistent with the upward angle of blood plume shown in the video and that McMichael was attempting to push the gun away from Arbery while Arbery was pulling it toward himself.

The 3rd shot too appears to be in a struggle over the gun . The angle of the shots and the video show this was from the beginning or almost immediately became-- a fight over the shotgun .

Given the fact Arbery initiated the fight, at the point Arbery grabbed the shotgun, under Georgia Law , McMichael was allowed to use deadly force to protect himself.

Just as importantly, while we know McMichael had his finger on the trigger, we do not know who caused the firings. Arbery would only had to pull the shotgun approximately 1/ 16th to 1/ 8th of one inch to fire weapon himself and in the height of an altercation this is entirely possible . Arbery s mental health records & prior convictions help explain his apparent aggressive nature and his possible thought pattern to attack an armed man .

OCGA 16 - 3- 21

Use of Force in Defense, once confronted with a deadly force situation an individual is allowed to use deadly force to defend themselves or others

OCGA 16 - 3- 23 . 1

Georgia' s No Duty to Retreat Law , an individual is not required to back away from or submit to an attack.

OCGA 16 - 3- 24 .2

A person properly and legally defending themselves is immune from prosecution

IMO based on your description of factors, there is going to be some sense of disappointment when the judgement is eventually made. We are all here for you at WS to discuss post-trial :)

Oh really? That is not true.
At 1.14 pm, a second call is answered at the PD center.

The caller again did not respond to the dispatcher, instead yelling: "Stop. Stop that. Dammit. Stop."

A moment later he shouts "Travis!" apparently addressing Travis McMichael.

The dispatcher attempts to redirect the man’s attention 27 seconds into the call, saying, “Sir, hello, sir,” but does not receive an answer.

<modsnip: rude and personalizing>

911 call released of moments before black jogger Ahmaud Arbery was killed

Source:

You know it's not that hard to watch your video and see what you "think" was said and what was actually said, don't match. <modsnip: personalizing>
The video made by William Bryan clearly shows the shooting in real-time. From said video it appears Ahmaud Arbery was running along the right side of the McMichael truck then abruptly turns 90 degrees to the left and attacks Travis McMichael who was standing at the front left corner of the truck . A brief skirmish ensues in which it appear Arbery strikes McMichael and appears to grab the shotgun and pull it from McMichael The shot is through Arbery s right hand palm which is consistent with him grabbing and pulling the shotgun at the barrel tip , the 2nd and 3rd wounds are consistent with the struggle for the shotgun as depicted in the video , the angle of the 2nd shot with the rear of the butt-stock being pushed away and down from the fight are also consistent with the upward angle of blood plume shown in the video and that McMichael was attempting to push the gun away from Arbery while Arbery was pulling it toward himself.

The 3rd shot too appears to be in a struggle over the gun . The angle of the shots and the video show this was from the beginning or almost immediately became-- a fight over the shotgun .

Given the fact Arbery initiated the fight, at the point Arbery grabbed the shotgun, under Georgia Law , McMichael was allowed to use deadly force to protect himself.

Just as importantly, while we know McMichael had his finger on the trigger, we do not know who caused the firings. Arbery would only had to pull the shotgun approximately 1/ 16th to 1/ 8th of one inch to fire weapon himself and in the height of an altercation this is entirely possible . Arbery s mental health records & prior convictions help explain his apparent aggressive nature and his possible thought pattern to attack an armed man .

OCGA 16 - 3- 21

Use of Force in Defense, once confronted with a deadly force situation an individual is allowed to use deadly force to defend themselves or others

OCGA 16 - 3- 23 . 1

Georgia' s No Duty to Retreat Law , an individual is not required to back away from or submit to an attack.

OCGA 16 - 3- 24 .2

<modsnip: referenced comment was removed> When the first shot is fired you can't see the full bodies of either men. You see Travis's foot. By the time you can see Travis and then Arbery wrestling that shotgun? That first shot is long gone and set the course for the next few seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
You really believe that an unarmed man veered right so he could surprise Travis? Not that he may have been trying desperately to avoid a man standing in the road with a shotgun?

You've never gone in a neighbourhood where you don't live? Seriously?
I sure would not go on other's people property. Common sense

The victim is the person AA attacked and tried to grab a gun from.

My apologies, I should have included a link as you may have been busy on this thread and missed the update - here you go! Happy to share any further corroborating links to assist your familiarisation with the case and how those amazing legal and law enforcement minds classify victims and those accused. It's quite fascinating reading.

McMichael, and his adult son, Travis, were arrested on May 7 and charged with murder and aggravated assault for the Feb. 23 shooting death of Arbery, who was jogging in his Satilla Shores, Georgia, neighborhood when confronted by the two men.
Gregory McMichael, ex-police officer charged with killing Ahmaud Arbery, had service weapon suspended in 2019

Thank you for sharing this but I've seen this one. I thought you had the one where the entire altercation between the accused (McMichael) and the victim (Arbery) was visible? I didn't think that version existed but your assumptions seemed to indicate it did. But that's okay if you don't have it ;)
Sure! Here is the exact moment showing our friend AA;s feet turn left when he reaches the front of the truck in order to attack TM.

https://i.imgur.com/P35D0hZ.jpg

You know it's not that hard to watch your video and see what you "think" was said and what was actually said, don't match. Why are you making things up?

Seriously, why are you making stuff up? When the first shot is fired you can't see the full bodies of either men. You see Travis's foot. By the time you can see Travis and then Arbery wrestling that shotgun? That first shot is long gone and set the course for the next few seconds.

Very similar to him making up the fact that the Mcmichaels lived next door. I believe he’s simply hoping that nobody will take the time to watch any of the videos or listen to the audio. Or even take 2 seconds to see where the McMichaels lived.

He had walked into someone’s unfinished house, then spent 4 minutes and 16 seconds in that house and then came out running at full speed when a car drove by. Prior to entering that house he was seen WALKING down the street towards that house. He lived a minimum of 11.2 miles away as evidenced by his zip code in the police report (31525) and the address of the house he went in (220 Satilla Dr, Brunswick, GA 31523). The border between the area codes is GA-25 spur. The 11.2 miles is calculated from the address to the nearest point of the GA-25 spur.

From the 31525 area code there are only two ways to go over the large East River to the address. Either I-95 or GA-303.Either an expressway or a major road

I don't buy the jogging story one bit. A neighbor called the police minutes before the shooting saying he was suspicious of Arbery’s “saggy pants,” according to a report. According to the Daily Mail when he was asked why he was suspicious, he told Mail: “He wasn’t out for a jog, put it like that … You don’t go jogging wearing saggy pants, saggy shorts.” This person also stated “I saw the fella earlier before it happened, and I called the police probably about 10 minutes before it happened,” the man told the outlet. “I didn’t call 911, I called the non-emergency number.

A minimum round trip distance is 22.4 miles, ran in the afternoon, wearing cargo shorts, in a residential area where you don't live in.

You do know that Arbery's family has the same lawyer that Martin's family and Brown's family had don't you? Ben Crump. The lawyer that hires P.R. firms to promote his lies in major media. Crump actually stooped low enough to bring in a fake witness on the Martin case. He should be disbarred.

I take it you don't jog? From what I've read it's kind of like my area. A quite street to get out and get some exercise. As far as what he's wearing? Can you point out in any of that Roddy video where his pants seem to have an issue? But I'll also add that yes people do jog in loose pants and he's at a general pace, not "hauling *advertiser censored*" anywhere.

OCGA 16 - 3- 21

OCGA 16 - 3- 23 . 1

OCGA 16 - 3- 24 .2

Did you actually copy and paste District Attorney George Barnhill’s letter without citing your source?https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthe...52fa09cdc974b970b79/optimized/full.pdf#page=1

Edited by me, double quote.

I take it you don't jog? From what I've read it's kind of like my area. A quite street to get out and get some exercise. As far as what he's wearing? Can you point out in any of that Roddy video where his pants seem to have an issue? But I'll also add that yes people do jog in loose pants and he's at a general pace, not "hauling *advertiser censored*" anywhere.
I don't jog 22.4 miles round and run in other people residential areas while stopping to look inside of houses being built.

Oh yeah at least 11.2 miles away in a rich neighborhood at 1 pm with another 11.2 miles (at least) to go back home with cargo shorts and no water with a highlight of stopping in on a house in construction to look at the architecture. Sure that it is...that's the ticket! LOL!!

OCGA 16 - 3- 21

OCGA 16 - 3- 23 . 1

OCGA 16 - 3- 24 .2

If you are going to quote George Barnhill's letter regarding the death of Ahmaud Arbery, the least you could do is identify it as your source.

Last edited:
I don't jog 22.4 miles round and run in other people residential areas while stopping to look inside of houses being built.

So then you really have zero idea what joggers wear or what many people (including me) have done on many occasions. You have no clue the autopsy report was released, and you claim to be able to see what went on at the front of the truck when the video shows no such thing.

This was a hot pursuit as described DA Barnhill, The weapon was being used to threaten AA into complying.
"threaten AA into complying" He ran 90 feet at a parked truck, went to the right of it,. cut rapidly in front of it and attacked TM while trying to take his gun! The jury will decide this quick!

Why was he running a good 90 feet at a truck visable in the road? Wht did he cut to the right of it and when he got in front why did he attack TM and try to take his gun?

I guess seeing a man with a shotgun standing in front of him would be motivation enough to deke to the right. We do see Travis follow him that way. Why not just follow him instead of accosting him with weapons?

Travis gets out of the truck to brandish a gun to make Arbery submit.
CHAPTER 5 - CRIMES AGAINST THE PERSON
ARTICLE 3 - KIDNAPPING, FALSE IMPRISONMENT, AND RELATED OFFENSES
§ 16-5-41 - False imprisonment

O.C.G.A. 16-5-41 (2010)
16-5-41. False imprisonment
(a) A person commits the offense of false imprisonment when, in violation of the personal liberty of another, he arrests, confines, or detains such person without legal authority.

Last edited:
Is there another video angle? If so, can you please share it?

Obviously, no one except those who were there have any idea what, if anything, was said or heard. And certainly, no one can get into AA's head. Personally, I have no idea why he didn't just stop running and wait for the police rather than foolishly attempting to take on someone with a weapon. They had plenty of chances to have shot him already if that's what they intended to do. Plus, AA was on a residential street with lots of houses close together in a suburban area of Georgia, not by himself in some remote backwoods. Imo, the M's were probably shocked that AA tried to take Travis's gun. I don't think they intended for it to end like that, at all. all jmo

IIRC its GMs lawyer that says there is another video of the shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz