GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former PD and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same video of AA inside the residential property. We continue to see a small snippet replayed over and over of him walking about 6-8 feet.

I am certain reports say he was at the house for less than 5 minutes. 3 minutes of those were spent in the portion where the camera catches him entering.

So where may I ask is the other 02:50?
Why hasn't MSM released it?

Ahmaud Arbery's killing: What we know - CNN

Same video of AA inside the residential property. We continue to see a small snippet replayed over and over of him walking about 6-8 feet.

I am certain reports say he was at the house for less than 5 minutes. 3 minutes of those were spent in the portion where the camera catches him entering.

^^^^^^ This...... I too have been wondering about this missing video time.....moo

Ok. Let me rephrase that.

Prior to the 1st shot where AA was hit in the hand. Is there any evidence that anyone pointed a gun at AA.?

The reason I ask this is I think this is going to be a question asked by McMichaels attorneys.
I'm not sure about pointing a gun but I do remember a picture of one of the men standing in the back of the truck and the reporter indicated that it looked like he was holding a gun while they waited for Arbery to run towards them. I can't remember which video it was, though.

Anyway, I think the fact that they chased him and had already tried to cut him off or block him twice, as well as the fact that they had guns in the first place is enough evidence that they were ready to use deadly force in order to stop him. They were undoubtedly the aggressors.

They had already called 911, the police were on their way, and in fact arrived minutes later but Arbery was already dead. They were fully prepared to arrest them but apparently were told not to.

Another thing I noticed in one of the still shots was as Arbery collapsed to the ground McMichaels wasn't even looking at him. He was turned away as if starting to walk in the other direction. As far as I can tell, he did not attempt to save Arbery's life, but instead turned him over to check for a weapon.

I think he aimed for his chest with intent to kill. Twice.

Imo

<modsnip>

Does anyone have any thoughts on what role "Roddie" played in recording the incident. After watching tonight's interview with Chris Cuomo on CNN I am thinking Roddie was recording the incident either as a potential witness to a crime or because he wanted to use it as evidence against the father and son team.

who knows, but it does sound like he's loading a gun in the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
District Attorney Joyette Holmes previously served as Chief Magistrate of Cobb County for four years. She will be in charge of the prosecution of this case.

Cobb DA Joyette Holmes accepts role as prosecutor in the Arbery homicide - Cobb County Courier

May 11, 2020 – Cobb District Attorney Joyette M. Holmes announces that she has accepted Attorney General Chris Carr’s appointment of her office to handle prosecution in the killing of Ahmaud Arbery, and that the call to serve will not be taken lightly.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation has charged Gregory McMichael and his son, Travis McMichael, with aggravated assault and murder in Arbery’s death.

“Our office will immediately gather all materials related to the investigation thus far and continue to seek additional information to move this case forward,” DA Holmes said. “We appreciate the confidence that Attorney General Carr has in our office’s ability to bring to light the justice that this case deserves.”

Wow. He even is sure there's evidence enough to prove pointed guns. ;)

Sure hope he's wrong about Senior being connected enough to guarantee a judge sympathetic enough to grant him that pretrial, get out of decades of prison time immunity motion.

Though given this case's high profile, and knowing that the feds will be looking over any judge's shoulder might well dampen judicial sympathies and curtail behind the scenes manuevering and switcheroos.
If this trial ends up in Cobb County, they will be convicted of 1st degree murder. They don't play.
Vic Reynolds, the head of the GBI is from Cobb County.
Vic is the former District Attorney of Cobb County, where he was elected twice. He has also served as a police officer, as the former Chief Magistrate Judge of Cobb County, and he was a partner in the law firm of Berry and Reynolds
Vic Reynolds

Moo

Last edited:
Yes, exactly. That is the evidence that shows he was not justified in carrying out a citizens arrest. He had no proof Arbery was even the same person, or that he was committing a crime. It was based on an assumption.

What's the difference between assumption and suspicion?

English stated that he has only seen the unknown male trespassing and "plundering around" and has not seen him taking anything.

Sounds pretty harmless to me. He observed him multiple times but never saw him attempt to steal anything.

That's an interesting turn of phrase, "plundering around." Isn't to plunder to steal? And then English reportedly gives 2 stories, 4 days apart, stories that are completely in opposition to the other. Just waiting to see what he says under oath.

Out of curiosity, was he paid for either story? TIA

If this trial ends up in Cobb County, they will be convicted of 1st degree murder. They don't play.
Vic Reynolds, the head of the GBI is from Cobb County.
Vic is the former District Attorney of Cobb County, where he was elected twice. He has also served as a police officer, as the former Chief Magistrate Judge of Cobb County, and he was a partner in the law firm of Berry and Reynolds
Vic Reynolds

Moo

I'm not sure these two can get a fair trial in any Georgia county at the moment. MOO

Yeah, I had to go back and read it over again because they do make it sound like English made the statement about the stolen property.

I think Barnhill included the information to back up the claim that McMichaels had a justifiable reason to make a citizens arrest.

Imo

What information did Barnhill include? Sorry, I'm trying to catch up. TIA

Excellent point.

I'm not sure about pointing a gun but I do remember a picture of one of the men standing in the back of the truck and the reporter indicated that it looked like he was holding a gun while they waited for Arbery to run towards them. I can't remember which video it was, though.

Anyway, I think the fact that they chased him and had already tried to cut him off or block him twice, as well as the fact that they had guns in the first place is enough evidence that they were ready to use deadly force in order to stop him. They were undoubtedly the aggressors.

They had already called 911, the police were on their way, and in fact arrived minutes later but Arbery was already dead. They were fully prepared to arrest them but apparently were told not to.

Another thing I noticed in one of the still shots was as Arbery collapsed to the ground McMichaels wasn't even looking at him. He was turned away as if starting to walk in the other direction. As far as I can tell, he did not attempt to save Arbery's life, but instead turned him over to check for a weapon.

I think he aimed for his chest with intent to kill. Twice.

Imo

Here's one of the many issues. The initial video released to social media, to which many of Shaun King's followers were calling for street justice, etc. was extremely short. I'm not saying it was, but if I later find out it was edited, I won't be very surprised.

The angles were not good, and much of the evidence seemed out of view. Now there are many videos in circulation, all of varying lengths, locales, with and without audio, and with and without manipulation of the playback speed. Add to that seemingly changing stories by at least 2 people, not the defendants, and it's one royal mess. Everyone is giving opinions (myself included) on the only thing that they can, the videos that they've seen. Save those, there's not much official evidence that's been released.

I'd love to know Shaun King's involvement now. Is he calling for calm? Or is he still letting the calls for murderous retribution go unchecked? These were calls others posted on his social media pages. He has a devoted following. He has a large platform that gives him access and influence. I hope he uses those things wisely.

I'm not sure these two can get a fair trial in any Georgia county at the moment. MOO
I'm not too worried...they had a nice long run from justice up to this point, and they seem to have some connections and sympathizers. I just wish they had shown the same concern for poor Mr. Arbery's legal rights.

The Attorney General is concerned that the actions of these offices in possibly misrepresenting or failing to disclose information during the process of appointing a conflict prosecutor to investigate the death of Ahmaud Arbery may have constituted unprofessional conduct under O.C.G.A. § 45-11-4 or other crimes...
In this case, Mr. Arbery was shot and killed in Glynn County, in the Brunswick Judicial Circuit, on February 23, 2020. Four days later, on February 27, 2020, the Attorney General’s Office received a letter from Jackie Johnson, the District Attorney of the Brunswick Judicial Circuit, advising that she had a conflict and that she was requesting the appointment of another prosecutor. Ms. Johnson wrote that the reason for the conflict was because the investigation into Mr. Arbery’s death involved Greg McMichael, a former investigator with her office. Shortly after receipt of Ms. Johnson’s letter, this office was made aware that Ms. Johnson had contacted George Barnhill, District Attorney of the Waycross Judicial Circuit, and that he had agreed to accept the case. This office confirmed with Mr. Barnhill and, pursuant to O.C.G.A. § 15-18-5, this office appointed Mr. Barnhill to prosecute the case on the same date Ms. Johnson’s letter was received.
Not long after Mr. Barnhill’s appointment, he and Ms. Johnson learned that Mr. Barnhill’s son, an assistant district attorney in Ms. Johnson’s office, had worked with Mr. McMichael on a prosecution involving Mr. Arbery. Mr. Barnhill, however, held onto the case for several more weeks after making this discovery. On April 7, 2020, the Attorney General received correspondence from Mr. Barnhill advising of a conflict and requesting the appointment of another prosecutor. Mr. Barnhill cited his son’s involvement with Mr. McMichael and Mr. Arbery as a reason for his request.
Mr. Barnhill’s letter failed to disclose his involvement in this case prior to his appointment. In her conflict letter of February 27, 2020, Ms. Johnson had advised that the Glynn County Police Department was “currently investigating” the shooting death of Mr. Arbery, and that she was requesting new counsel to advise the police. Unknown and undisclosed to the Attorney General, however, Mr. Barnhill had already provided an opinion to the Glynn County Police Department on February 24, 2020, that he did not see grounds for the arrest of any of the individuals involved in Mr. Arbery’s death. He additionally stated his opinion to the Glynn County Police Department in writing that there was insufficient probable cause to make any arrests in the case and that he would be asking the Attorney General to appoint another prosecutor.
GBI Receives Request from AG Carr to Conduct Investigation into Handling of Ahmaud Arbery Case

In fact, some residents joined the march. Nancy and Ann (both declined to give last names) filed in with the marchers at Zellwood Drive. Nancy said she often saw Arbery jogging through the neighborhood. She just wanted to show her support.

“It’s my neighborhood,” Nancy said. “I had seen him jogging. It scares me that something was this reckless. I know the McMichaels, but this just wasn’t right.”

RSBM. Just a reminder that Mr. Arbery had jogged there before, and had apparently caused no trouble. Also note the fear this crime caused. That's why vigilantism is a type of terrorism - you wonder if they'll come for you next, and you cannot feel free. JMO.

Roddie's attorney (Gough) claims he was a bystander, didn't act in concert with the MM's, and is "a pawn in a larger game."

Adding to the confusion about theft or no theft of fishing gear, and if theft from whose house, Gough asserted that there HAD been an unreported theft from English's construction site. Presumably he's referring to the fishing gear.

Ahmaud Arbery was shot twice in the chest, autopsy report shows - CNN

Good question. I note also that from the point of view from this camera Arbery enters off to the left in what appears to maybe be a garage area then exits later all the way off to the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23