GUILTY GA - Anitra Gunn, 23, found deceased, Fort Valley, Peach County, 14 Feb 2020 *Sentenced: LWOP*

Vent: MOO
I am really sorry.
As I watch the breaking press conference,
I must say
I really could do without the laughter at the beginning. OR JOKE REQUEST
Neither side of the families for Anitra or ex boyfriend are laughing.
Nor are we
JMO
I understand it's Friday.
It's a breaking moment. But it rubbed me wrong.

Vent OVER
I completely get when your coming from, somehow it just seems irreverent when beginning a PC for a murdered victim. :(

Even more sad to me is that I see quite often, at least 50% of the time IMO.

I completely get when your coming from, somehow it just seems irreverent when beginning a PC for a murdered victim. :(

Even more sad to me is that I see quite often, at least 50% of the time IMO.
When you watch The First 48 you see that homicide investigators can be squarely put into two categories, ones who take it seriously and ones who joke around. You can clearly see that the ones who take it seriously are more personally effected by it and might not be able to have as long careers as the other type but they also have noticeably greater success at solving their cases. Just my observation based on that show.

Boyfriend of missing Georgia student Anitra Gunn charged with murder days after remains found: officials

“During the investigation, enough information was developed that gave us probable cause to obtain an arrest warrant charging Demarcus Little with malice murder,” he said.

Police ruled Gunn’s death a homicide following an autopsy report, which also positively identified her as the victim, but they would not disclose her cause of death or in what condition her body was found.

Murder warrant issued for boyfriend of slain college student Anitra Gunn

"We followed the leads, we followed the evidence, and the evidence led us to this," said Assistant Special Agent in Charge for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation Todd Crosby.

While authorities did officially link Little to Gunn's death, the GBI did not outline what new evidence came to light that led them to that conclusion, including whether Little acted alone and how Gunn's body was found.

Little now faces a lone count of malice murder - which by definition means it was the sole intention of the crime. It is punishable by life in prison or the death penalty depending on the nature of the crime. It is different from a felony murder charge, which often comes when a murder happens during the commission of another felony.

"Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Gunn family and the Fort Valley State University family," Crosby said.

Little is expected to have another court appearance for the new charge in the coming days.

10% cc TOS/WS

Anitra Gunn's boyfriend to appear in court on malice murder charge

DeMarcus Little is in court around 2pm in Crawford County, Ga.

I attended today. No plea, no bond, and it was all over in about 10 minutes. He waived his preliminary trial, so he will be back in court in April.

When they read the warrant, it said she was strangled in Crawford County, which is where the body was found. Other locations associated with the case are in Peach County. A time of death was not stated.

@GolfGirl
Thank you for your boots on the ground. Sad and Tragic......
Red flags anyone with this relationship?
It's too late for Anitra.
What a horrific loss for her family, friends and community. Even a loss to his family and the Army.
WHY?
MOO - We may never understand these horrific tragic Domestic Murders.
Nor never get the answers as to Why!!!

Justice4ANITRA

It should be obvious why. If a man starts expecting an exclusive romantic relationship and then it's denied to him, he's going to be angry about it. That's literally a man's nature. The vast majority of men would never be violent about it, especially to the woman but in many cases violent "dangerous" men are considered strong and therefore attractive - especially in certain communities. Young women tend to develop attraction to men who act the way their father or father figure acted and there's an across the board breakdown in family values.

fEB 26, 2020
Second suspect charged in Ga. student death
[...]

Jaivon Abron, 22, is the second suspect charged in this case.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) took additional warrants out in this case, charging Abron with two counts of false statements in Valdosta and Lowndes County, as well as a warrant for concealing a death in Peach County.

Abron was arrested Wednesday around 5:09 p.m., the GBI reported.

[...]

Agents reported that a phone has been recovered during their investigation.

[...]

"He was released in July on a $20,000 conditional bond. He's basically under house arrest with ankle monitors," says Deese.

Deese says court dates were put on hold because of COVID-19.

Antwoine says he's struggled through the last year without his sister, but the family is coping, and ready for justice.

"We'll be prepared, my family will be prepared. We just want everybody involved to get served," says Antwoine. "We don't want nobody off for doing such a crime like that," he says.
Anitra Gunn's family still awaiting trial date a year later | 13wmaz.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back