GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are any number of ways to find out someone has a script for something.
-Someone they know works at the pharmacy, even if they are just a clerk
-The person with the script put the handouts in the recycling without shredding them or throws them out outside of the pharmacy
-A visitor to the house goes through the medicine cabinet
etc

The only one of those above that is logical to me is a visitor goes through the medicine cabinet. And that is not very possible for me. jmo

Was the baby targeted or was the baby caught in the crossfire?

<mod snip>. I don't think that it matters if this child was targeted or caught in the cross fire. <mod snip> A baby was murdered. jmo

This is one of the worst stories I have read to date. I dont know how you emotionally survive something as stupidly senseless as this, and I grieve for Mom and Dad. I totally grieve for them.

I read the story on Yahoo and I dont know that Mom has made a solid ID, so I am not ready to vilify the children/teens they picked up but all I can do is pray that they have the right perps and that the punishment will some how do some good. There is no justice here-this case kills me. :(

Show me the statistics of a white baby gunned down at random by two black kids during daylight hours while in a stroller- in a low crime neighborhood.

No matter what the statistics were, they just went up by one.

I never thought the mother did this and I believe LE has charged the right two.

JMO

I don't know, but what difference does it make. I don't think that it matters if this child was targeted or caught in the cross fire. How stupid. A baby was murdered. jmo

It could go a long way toward motive, THAT is the difference.

People are just trying to figure out WHY this child is dead and personally, I don't think there's anything stupid about that. Unless we as a society figure out why these things happen, how can we seek to prevent them?

Does it matter to Antonio or his family? Maybe not. But there are other babies, and maybe by understanding how this happened, we can help ensure that they live long enough to get to learn to ride a tricycle.

And that indicates to me he is a piece of **** and hopefully he will be tried in a court of law and will be sentenced to death. Then he can sing with tupac and wear his pants down around his *advertiser censored*. He can then be treated like the piece of crap he is.

jmo

I can't even deal with this type of person. Lowest of the low. I like to think there is a special place in hell for his type.

That being said, I've been sleuthing through his facebook, and of course his friends and such... All these little kids wanna be gangsters, obviously no parental supervision (WHAT SO EVER) on their facebooks. Seriously disturbing. Like for real, I feel dumbfounded by their lack of... humanity.

I guess that could just be said because I didn't grow up in the streets, or with parents who let me do what I wanted when I wanted. His friends rant about his freedom (None of them spell properly... which I chaulk up to age) but man, it was difficult to read through some of the posts. I felt like I had to dumb myself down just to get through some of them... Maybe they should put some blame on the 17 year olds mother, she could have done a better job parenting.

Demarquise (Money-ville) Elkins last facebook status was made 3/16 and it says "Hoes don't excite me money do"

Really? Kid, your 17. Go to school, get a part time job. Why worry about hoes and money? Seriously child wanna be a grown up mentality.
I hope there is a special place for him in hell.

I'm done ranting now.
RIP to that sweet little baby boy.

This is one of the worst stories I have read to date. I dont know how you emotionally survive something as stupidly senseless as this, and I grieve for Mom and Dad. I totally grieve for them.

I read the story on Yahoo and I dont know that Mom has made a solid ID, so I am not ready to vilify the children/teens they picked up but all I can do is pray that they have the right perps and that the punishment will some how do some good. There is no justice here-this case kills me. :(

West said detectives showed her mugshots of about 24 young men. She pointed to one, saying he looked like the gunman.

"After I picked him, they said they had him in custody," West said. "It looked just like him. So I think we got our man."

http://news.yahoo.com/police-arrest-2-teens-ga-baby-killing-204023308.html

The only one of those above that is logical to me is a visitor goes through the medicine cabinet. And that is not very possible for me. jmo

I know my pharmacy warns people about what they do with the information sheet they attach to the script bag, that's where I came up with the first two options.

That being said, I've been sleuthing through his facebook, and of course his friends and such... All these little kids wanna be gangsters, obviously no parental supervision (WHAT SO EVER) on their facebooks. Seriously disturbing. Like for real, I feel dumbfounded by their lack of... humanity.

Also notice the "sympathetic" comments on facebook. Apparently shooting a baby in the face is just a "bad decision"! Ain't no reason to judge a brother cause of it ya know? Only God can judge!

And that type of attitude explains the whole situation. Robbery, shooting, baby killing etc....is just momentary "bad judgement" and not a character flaw or a sign of pathology or even a total lack of morals. Normal folks sometimes shoot babies in the face too, ya know? That type of "minor lapse in judgement" is embraced as normal and criminal/sociopathic behavior is simply accepted by some sub-cultures.

At the same time if someone outside of that culture does something to one of them the reaction is self-righteous indignation! If a cop uses a taser, or even if a crime victim shoots back and kills a perp then suddenly that is way out of line! Totally uncalled for violence that leads to protests! Forget about "God judging" it becomes a federal case!

Also notice the "sympathetic" comments on facebook. Apparently shooting a baby in the face is just a "bad decision"! Ain't no reason to judge a brother cause of it ya know? Only God can judge!

And that type of attitude explains the whole situation. Robbery, shooting, baby killing etc....is just momentary "bad judgement" and not a character flaw or a sign of pathology or even a total lack of morals. Normal folks sometimes shoot babies in the face too, ya know? That type of "minor lapse in judgement" is embraced as normal and criminal/sociopathic behavior is simply accepted by some sub-cultures.

At the same time if someone outside of that culture does something to one of them the reaction is self-righteous indignation! If a cop uses a taser, or even if a crime victim shoots back and kills a perp then suddenly that is way out of line! Totally uncalled for violence that leads to protests! Forget about "God judging" it becomes a federal case!

Don't judge a brother for shooting a baby? SMH. I could say more, but won't.

Ok Peeps!

Seems the discussion is getting a little to heated.

Stop! Now!

The murdered toddler is a victim. His mom and dad are victims. End of story.

I'll be back in awhile. If this bickering continues, I'll lock the thread.

thanks,
fran

KNOCK IT OFF IN HERE.

Fran has warned that mom is considered a victim, so post accordingly. Pay attention to Fran's posts here or you will lose posting privileges.

The bickering is not necessary and neither is the discussion of race. Let it go and move on.

Salem

Bumping, just as a reminder to everyone that Mom and Dad are victims too.

The shooter fired 4 times. The first into the ground and mom said she thought the gun was fake because she didn't see a casing ejected. Then he fired again - at her head - the bullet grazed her ear. Third shot caught her in the leg right above the knee.

Then I think he decided to leave and as he walked in front of the stroller just pointed the gun at (into) the stroller and fired. He was being a "" and the shot into the stroller was his parting statement.

JMHO

Is there a link for this? I didn't know her ear was injured and I didn't hear or read anything about her not seeing a casing ejected from the gun. I heard her on TV state she thought the gun wasn't a real gun because it looked small or like a toy (I can't remember which reason it was). I find it strange that she would notice details like casings dropping from a gun. JMO and TIA

OK maybe they just didn't believe her, and found themselves out on a limb, you know, the shooter has a gun and has threatened a woman and she's still defying him, and he is losing face and losing face fast, if he doesn't do anything or if the woman gets the better of him he's going to be the laughing stock of all his little gang-banger-wanabe mates, so he does something diabolical to prove he's 'the man' just to show how much he doesn't give a rats about anything because he's so 'hardened' and 'street' thereby saving face, oh and possibly winding up on death row, which has even more street cred yo.

Sorry, these guys that glorify crime and violence make me seriously wild, it's pathetic.

This.

the discussing and showing of the ear injury, the leg injury, mom declining to have the bullet removed because of risks, all of it was in the unedited version of mom's tv interview and is link quite a few pages back. I believe she describes the sequence of shots there as well.

thank you TL! Were there any casings recovered from the scene by LE?

I know it was reported that this sort of thing doesn't happen in this area but it absolutely does, frequently. I live four blocks from where this happened and can list many incidents. Granted, shooting a baby in the face is unheard of but this city is no stranger to random acts of violence. A few years back, my son was walking home on the street that runs parallel to Ellis St. and two black teenagers attempted to rob him armed with metal pipes. He was able to wrestle a pipe from one of them and sent them running. They were arrested within the hour. In the last year there's been a sharp increase in the number of shootings occurring in the city. In a two mile radius of where this occurred live the wealthiest of wealthy and the poorest of poor. There are Victorian mansions as well as run-down shacks that serve as crack houses and everything in between. My heart goes out to this poor woman who lost her baby in such a senseless, tragic way. Such a shame that you can't even walk your baby down the street in this beautiful neighborhood without him getting shot to death.

thank you TL! Were there any casings recovered from the scene by LE?
That we don't know - but in one photo from a news website it did show evidence markers and the highest number I saw was 8 - so I do think they did get the shell casings - but that's JMHO

Is there a link for this? I didn't know her ear was injured and I didn't hear or read anything about her not seeing a casing ejected from the gun. I heard her on TV state she thought the gun wasn't a real gun because it looked small or like a toy (I can't remember which reason it was). I find it strange that she would notice details like casings dropping from a gun. JMO and TIA

The woman doesn't seem to know a lot about firearms. Revolvers don't expel casings, only semi automatics do.

Regardless the woman was getting shot at and didn't want to believe the gun was real, very believable as when the adrenaline hits memory gets sketchy, the brain functions at 20% capacity or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle