GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankx for this..............

In pics 3 & 4 - it seems this stroller is behind a chainlink fence. Off the sidewalk. Maybe mom pushed that stroller through that gate afterward - before giving CPR. But why? wouldn't CPR on your dying infant be an absolute priority? Also, notice the gate - closed in one pic and open in the open - probably just crime scene peeps going in and out. In pic 4 - there are evidence markers. I see the number 8 - so there are at least 8 of them (not all are shown). That leads me to believe that they did recover the shell casings. I just find it odd that the stroller is behind a chainlink fence with a gate. Thought she was out walking - that would imply she was walking down the sidewalk.

JMHO

From the WJXT4 Facebook page-

We just spoke to the parents of 13-month-old Antonio Santiago. His mom believes a former neighbor may be connected to the shooting death because she got the neighbor evicted for drugs.

https://www.facebook.com/WJXT4TheLocalStation

Several other posts as well as comments.

I am following this on 3 different forums mostly out of curiousity of what most people think. The story as described by the mom is not a popular theory, it seems most people are questioning the story she tells.

It's so sad that parents killing their babies is so common that it is the first thing people think when a baby is killed. More sad is that they are typically right. :(

Would LE not have already checked mom & dad for GSR ?

I think GSR evidence would be very sketchy at best and probably not mean anything in Mom's case.

If baby was shot at close range baby would have GSR all over him. Mom did CPR on baby, mom was bleeding, baby was bleeding, even if Mom did have GSR on her hands there would be too many explanations for it as she WAS right there during the shooting.

Also - the evidence markers - they are all (or at least the ones we see) behind that chainlink fence as well. So did this crime take place on private property? So people (both mom and suspects) had to go through a chainlink gate first? And whose property was that?

JMHO

How did the (alleged) shooters get away from the scene?

How did the (alleged) shooters get away from the scene?

Good question. I read at some point, someone spotted one possible suspect running down the middle of the street.

I'm not sure if we're using any names yet, so I took them out. Apparently, this is her second loss of a child to violence. :(

Geez, I don't know what to say, except for how unlucky can one parent be????? :( How awful.

Geez, I don't know what to say, except for how unlucky can one parent be????? :( How awful.

Well not sure "unlucky" counts in the first son's death. He was part of a gang of youths attacking a lone youth, the victim grabbed the knife and killed the attacker, her son. It was ruled self-defense.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...972d38-92e0-11e2-8e33-9cc6c739d012_story.html

Glassey was killed with a steak knife in March 2008 during an attack involving several other teens on a dark street corner in Gloucester County, N.J., according to news reports from the time.

“He and some other boys were going to ambush a kid,” Bernie Weisenfeld, a spokesman for the Gloucester County prosecutor’s office, told the AP Friday.

I'm not sure if we're using any names yet, so I took them out. Apparently, this is her second loss of a child to violence. :(

wow. Not sure what to think of that or how to fit it into the already uncomfortable feel I get from this case.

Will hold my peace for now, til more info surfaces.

Well not sure "unlucky" counts in the first son's death. He was part of a gang of youths attacking a lone youth, the victim grabbed the knife and killed the attacker, her son. It was ruled self-defense.

Well, maybe unlucky was the wrong word. I just meant that the odds of losing two children due to violence must be really high......

wow. Not sure what to think of that or how to fit it into the already uncomfortable feel I get from this case.

Will hold my peace for now, til more info surfaces.
me too tl. But I will add that the article says she's lived there for 6 - 7 years. That puts her in that house in 2008 - while her 18 yr old son was in New Jersey. So, maybe he moved there alone or dad was up there. Doesn't matter really.

Older son dies in 2008. Mom meets new guy and has baby in 2011(app). Starting life over? IDK how this all fits - just this poor woman - she's been through a lot.

Wondering about this speculation that it involves a neighbor mom had evicted that was into drugs.......don't know about all that either.

Strange case all around.................

JMHO

I'm still sitting firmly on my fence, but I don't think the drug involvement story is far-fetched. I knew a kid who was killed by two teens in the 70s cuz they "thought" he was a snitch. And this was in a small town - no gangs at all!

Well, maybe unlucky was the wrong word. I just meant that the odds of losing two children due to violence must be really high......

Not sure if it is okay to mention this but if you google the son's name some comments come up from those claiming to be his friends, they say he was trying to scare a drug dealer out of town after a female friend nearly died of an O.D. and that is how he ended up stabbed to death.

She said the teen fired four shots, the first into the ground. West didn’t see a shell casing ejected, and said she assumed the gun wasn’t real.
Then he fired at her head and the bullet grazed her left ear — she has a small scab and bruising there. He fired again and shot her in the left leg above the knee. “I didn’t know I was hurt.”
“The boy proceeded to go around to the stroller and he shot my baby in the face,” she said. “And then he just shoved me when I started screaming and he ran down London Street with the little boy.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...972d38-92e0-11e2-8e33-9cc6c739d012_story.html

Yes, a new twist on the "two black/white/Hispanic/Asian men" came up and shot me and my baby." Now it's two kids, one possibly as young as 10.

There were no witnesses, apparently.

Not sure here. A bullet grazed her ear/head. Would she have been able to do this to herself? I was robbed at gunpoint years ago and the gunner was about 13. His friends surrounded me and they weren't much older. The only words the gunner said was, "give me your purse, B**ch", as he held the gun at my face!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak