GA - Boy, 6, accused of stealing money & beat for days until unconscious by mom’s b/f as she watched, Atlanta, June 2023 *arrests*

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. - A mother and her boyfriend have been charged with abusing a 6-year-old child who was hospitalized from the severe beatings, according to Clayton County Police.

Officials say the little boy is in critical condition, suffering from broken bones, blood clots in his lung and bleeding on the brain. At one point, they believe he fell unconscious.

FOX 5 Atlanta was the only crew present as officers took the mother, Porche Wells, into custody.

Clayton County police say Wells' boyfriend, Napoleon Ates, accused the 6-year-old of stealing money over the weekend. They tell FOX 5 the boyfriend physically abused the child for days as his mother stood by and watched. At a point, police say the boyfriend told the mom to leave the room.

By Sunday, police say the boy fell unconscious, and the mom tried to give him an ice bath.

On Monday and Tuesday, police tell FOX 5 the mother went to work and got her nails and feet done while her child suffered at home. Eventually, she took him to an area hospital where police were notified.

Wells and Ates are now facing child abuse charges. The mom faces additional charges for lying to the police.

FOX 5 was the only crew there to witness the mother, Porche Wells, be taken into custody. Clayton County police say Wells' boyfriend accused her 6-year-old son of stealing money and beat him senselessly for days while his mother stood and watched.

CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. - A mother and her boyfriend have been charged with abusing a 6-year-old child who was hospitalized from the severe beatings, according to Clayton County Police.

Officials say the little boy is in critical condition, suffering from broken bones, blood clots in his lung and bleeding on the brain. At one point, they believe he fell unconscious.

FOX 5 Atlanta was the only crew present as officers took the mother, Porche Wells, into custody.

Clayton County police say Wells' boyfriend, Napoleon Ates, accused the 6-year-old of stealing money over the weekend. They tell FOX 5 the boyfriend physically abused the child for days as his mother stood by and watched. At a point, police say the boyfriend told the mom to leave the room.

By Sunday, police say the boy fell unconscious, and the mom tried to give him an ice bath.

On Monday and Tuesday, police tell FOX 5 the mother went to work and got her nails and feet done while her child suffered at home. Eventually, she took him to an area hospital where police were notified.

Wells and Ates are now facing child abuse charges. The mom faces additional charges for lying to the police.

FOX 5 was the only crew there to witness the mother, Porche Wells, be taken into custody. Clayton County police say Wells' boyfriend accused her 6-year-old son of stealing money and beat him senselessly for days while his mother stood and watched.

ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME? She went and got her nails and feet done!!!! :mad:

I can't even. This poor baby. WTAF is wrong with people?.

BBM because 1) WHY DO THESE ABUSERS ALWAYS TRY TO GIVE THE CHILDREN AN ICE BATH??? WHAT SORCERY DO THEY THINK THIS DOES TO "CURE" THE DAMAGE THEY HAVE DONE???? and 2) she got her nails did. While her child lay suffering near death at home after the magical ice bath didn't restore him????

:mad::mad::mad:

Mother of severely beaten 6-year-old Clayton County boy appears in court
Porshe Wells, 33, is facing multiple charges, including cruelty to children in the 1st degree and cruelty to children in the 3rd degree; contributing to deprivation of a minor; making a false statement; battery family violence; aggravated battery; and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Wells received bond for each charge in amounts ranging from $2,000 to $8,000 with the exception of the aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charge for which she did not receive bond.

Police say that Wells' boyfriend Napoleon Ates, 36, accused the young boy of stealing $80 over the weekend. The boyfriend then began abusing the child for days as his mother allegedly stood by and watched.

savages.

This boy has suffered so badly for so long (3 days of beatings). I hope he can pull through but then, what a road ahead... Positively maddening and heartbreaking. People forget what it is like to be a kid of 6 years old once we grow up.

I hope we can get his name and post it soon.

These beings make me sick. And it seems to be getting worse. Every single day, there seems to be a new thread about little people. These threads shouldn't exist. These cases shouldn't be happening. It's just wrong.

Praying that the young boy pulls through - how frightened and confused he must have been, with his "mother" just standing by and doing nothing. That is heart shattering to think about. :(

Moo

Mother of severely beaten 6-year-old Clayton County boy appears in court
Porshe Wells, 33, is facing multiple charges, including cruelty to children in the 1st degree and cruelty to children in the 3rd degree; contributing to deprivation of a minor; making a false statement; battery family violence; aggravated battery; and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Wells received bond for each charge in amounts ranging from $2,000 to $8,000 with the exception of the aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charge for which she did not receive bond.

Police say that Wells' boyfriend Napoleon Ates, 36, accused the young boy of stealing $80 over the weekend. The boyfriend then began abusing the child for days as his mother allegedly stood by and watched.

from the article:

Wells is due back in court at 8:30 a.m. July 3 for a preliminary hearing and on July 7 for a bond hearing.

will be following this case... :(

He reportedly allegedly took the $80 to give to "the family's roommate".

So yeah, I'd want to flesh that out a bit. Ya know, to fill the time while he is being treated in hospital and mom is in custody.

Sometimes levity or flippant comments are all the tools we have at the moment. I can't stop thinking about this kiddo.

Ates is not in the court systems for these charges.

from court site

Type Name Offense Filing Date Case No.
/Status Court Judge
DEF WELLS, PORSHE RENEE Birth Year 1989
BATTERYAGGRAV
06/07/2023 2023CW52786 KH Pending
Mag KWRIGHTHIL

AGAS DEAD WEAP
06/07/2023 2023CW52785 KH Pending
Mag KWRIGHTHIL

BATTFAM VIOL 1
06/07/2023 2023CW52784 KH Pending
Mag KWRIGHTHIL

FALSE STATEMENT
06/07/2023 2023CW52783 KH Pending
Mag KWRIGHTHIL

CONTRIBUTE TO D
06/07/2023 2023CW52782 KH Pending
Mag KWRIGHTHIL

CRUELWITN M
06/07/2023 2023CW52781 KH Pending
Mag KWRIGHTHIL

CRUELTY TO CHIL
06/07/2023 2023CW52780 KH Pending
Mag KWRIGHTHIL

CRU TO CHILD 1
06/07/2023 2023CW52779 KH Pending
Mag KWRIGHTHIL

Case Docket Information:
Action Date Docket Action Description
06/08/2023 Calendar 10:00 AM Room ZOOM FIRST APPEARANCE

06/07/2023 Case Filing Arrest Warrant

link: Court Case Inquiry | Clayton County, Georgia

It does not have the next court date - but that is 7/3/23 for preliminary hearing & bond hearing on 7/7/23.

Looks like Ates - has more felony cruelty to children charges from January, 2023 & I believe they are continuing these charges with the new ones since they have his arrest on 6/7/23 for this little boy's case.

Type Name Offense Filing Date Case No.
/Status Court Judge
DEF ATES, NAPOLEON Birth Year 1986
FELONY CRUELTY [to children]
01/11/2023 2023CW50135 KH Pending
Mag KWRIGHTHIL

FELONY CRUELTY [to children]
01/11/2023 2023CW50135 KH Pending
Mag KWRIGHTHIL

BATTFAM VIOL 1 [family]
01/11/2023 2023CW50134 KH Pending
Mag KWRIGHTHIL

this is interesting - I just click on the charges - and these came up:

Felony Cruelty to children:
Case Docket Information
06/26/2023 Calendar 08:30 AM Room MAG Preliminary Hearing

06/08/2023 Image Copy Application for Arrest Warrant
06/08/2023 Image Copy Appl. For Indigent Counsel
06/08/2023 Image Copy Order For Bond w/Spec Conds

06/07/2023 Bond set Bond changed to $3000.00
06/07/2023 Bond set Bond set at $3500.00
06/07/2023 Court Appt Atty Atty KRAFT ALFONSO D. JR
for ATES NAPOLEON
06/07/2023 Calendar 10:00 AM Room ZOOM FIRST APPEARANCE

01/11/2023 Case Filing Arrest Warrant

Felony Cruelty of children:
Case Docket Information

06/08/2023 Image Copy Application for Arrest Warrant
06/08/2023 Image Copy Appl. For Indigent Counsel
06/08/2023 Image Copy Order For Bond w/Spec Conds

06/07/2023 Bond set Bond changed to $3000.00
for ATES NAPOLEON

Battery [family]
Case Docket Information

06/07/2023 Image Document Application for Arrest Warrant
06/07/2023 Appl. Ind. Atty Appl. For Indigent Counsel
06/07/2023 Image Document Order for Bond w/Spec Conds
for ATES NAPOLEON

against ATES, NAPOLEON

link: Court Case Inquiry | Clayton County, Georgia

Male reporter @ 1:30 mark on the video:

She didn't answer any of our questions. I asked her if she had any remorse or anything like that. I can tell you her nails look freshly done, her feet look freshly done, they'll go with the handcuffs and the jumpsuit at the Clayton County Jail
Police: Mom watched boyfriend beat up child
(I had to smile at the dig he threw in there)

I hope this 6 year old little boy somehow manages to fully recover. I'll be thinking of him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back