Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #2 *Arrest*

So far, all I have read as well, is what a good person Jay is. This makes me wonder, would a jury convict him in McRae? I know we are a long ways off from that but so many of the things I have read, on sites that can't be linked here, are all full of corruption stories. Now, know to take most all of that whit a grain on salt but I was taught in psychology class that even most lies have a grain of truth to them. So it makes me wonder how his trial would end up.

Another case similar just took place in Dekalb County GA...Two men went to sell a dog to someone who responded to an ad they had posted on a breeding site...When they got there a man was waiting for them with a gun..

Police: Man killed during botched dog sale connected to other robberies

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/loca...g-dog-sale-transaction/njzn3/?ref=cbTopWidget

Classito

This is so weird to me. So what was the gunman going to steal from the two guys -- the dog? Ah, I know, he may have planned to steal their vehicle/cash in their wallets/ forced them to a debit card withdrawal, etc. -- but, sheesh! Just can't understand this kind of thing at all. I wonder if that was really his home he directed them to -- or did he just give them directions to "somebody's" garage? Likely he might have killed them if they had not killed him first, IMO.

Wanted to put this out here, not seen it yet.

Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson said during Monday's press conference that investigators believe Bud and June Runion traveled 165 miles to their county because of fraud.

But late Monday evening, it seemed the deceased couple was once again the victims of fraud. Family members told FOX 5 News that someone had set up an unauthorized account on ********.com under their name. (the fund site)

The family wants to make sure the word got out that the family is not asking for donations through that website.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/27930526/police-search-for-missing-elderly-couple

That is so evil and disgusting. I hope they're caught and prosecuted.

A touching story about Bud and his bicycle ministry:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10203738283638294&id=1254408594

...and a link to quite a few photos of him and Bud's Bikes:
"In Honor of Bud and June, I’ve put together some pictures of a 2005 trip to a WV community that, through Bud’s research, badly needed help. In my opinion, these pictures show more of what they devoted their lives to than most anything you’ve heard, read or seen pictured..."
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1254408594&sk=photos&collection_token=1254408594%3A2305272732%3A69&set=a.10203738394601068&type=1&pnref=story

Kevin Rowson, WXIA-TV, Atlanta 12:55 a.m. EST January 31, 2015

ATLANTA (WXIA) – New developments emerged Friday in the murder of a Cobb County couple, and the search for a murder weapon.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation says they seized several pieces of evidence, including several firearms, which could include the weapon used to shoot and kill Bud and June Runion.

The GBI says agents executed a search warrant on a home where suspect Jay Towns was living with his parents. They also searched a county landfill.

The firearms will be taken to the GBI's crime lab for ballistics testing. Meanwhile, we are hearing from some of the last people to see the Runions alive before their deaths.

A couple who owns an antique shop says the Runions stopped in to ask for directions, but could not tell the couple who they were meeting.

"We just believe we were the last people to see them before their killers, and it's really troubling to think that we may could have prevented that if we had a name," said Angela Kinnett. "It's sad."

Towns remains behind bars, being held without bond on several charges, including murder and lying to investigators.

The Runions will be laid to rest after funeral services in Marietta on Saturday.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/crime/2015/01/31/evidence-seized-in-runion-murder-case/22638267/

This makes me wonder, would a jury convict him in McRae? I know we are a long ways off from that but so many of the things I have read, on sites that can't be linked here, are all full of corruption stories.

Unless the whole town is a drug infested rat-hole, and I have not heard that about McRae, then yes the jury will convict him. A lot of the smaller GA counties are very tough on crime and they hand out very harsh sentences, this is the bible belt and the vast majority are Southern Baptists and they DO believe in capital punishment.

Per WSBTV. The GBI is executing a search warrant in Telfair county for the gun that killed the Runions. Officials have already seized severa guns

Guess JT is NOT cooperating with the authorities and is likely keeping his mouth shut.

Slightly OT but there is more on the other craigslist shooting in Dekalb County GA.

Guy lured seller to his house to buy a dog at midnight, offered seller an additional $500 (on top of the $2000 sale price) for a bulldog. When the seller showed up at the home the "buyer" pulled a gun and tried to rob him and was shot to death.

Now it turns out that guy also robbed at least 2 or 3 OTHER people from craigslist, in one case stealing a dog, in another case robbing someone that was selling an iPhone and those people only came forward after they read about the shooting.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/man-shot-and-killed-during-dekalb-craigslist-trans/njzpW/

Kevin Rowson, WXIA-TV, Atlanta 12:55 a.m. EST January 31, 2015

ATLANTA (WXIA) – New developments emerged Friday in the murder of a Cobb County couple, and the search for a murder weapon.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation says they seized several pieces of evidence, including several firearms, which could include the weapon used to shoot and kill Bud and June Runion.

The GBI says agents executed a search warrant on a home where suspect Jay Towns was living with his parents. They also searched a county landfill.

The firearms will be taken to the GBI's crime lab for ballistics testing. Meanwhile, we are hearing from some of the last people to see the Runions alive before their deaths.

A couple who owns an antique shop says the Runions stopped in to ask for directions, but could not tell the couple who they were meeting.

"We just believe we were the last people to see them before their killers, and it's really troubling to think that we may could have prevented that if we had a name," said Angela Kinnett. "It's sad."

Towns remains behind bars, being held without bond on several charges, including murder and lying to investigators.

The Runions will be laid to rest after funeral services in Marietta on Saturday.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/crime/2015/01/31/evidence-seized-in-runion-murder-case/22638267/

This article must've been AFTER the article I saw that stated they were still looking for the murder weapon? OR are they still looking for something more?

Here's another thought. Thankfully Bud and June didn't invite a couple of their daughters to ride down with them.

There's a silver lining in every cloud.

YES! OR (heaven forbid) what if they were babysitting one of their darling grandchildren?

Unless the whole town is a drug infested rat-hole, and I have not heard that about McRae, then yes the jury will convict him. A lot of the smaller GA counties are very tough on crime and they hand out very harsh sentences, this is the bible belt and the vast majority are Southern Baptists and they DO believe in capital punishment.

I understand McRae, Rhine, Lumber City, Milan, Eastman have a lot of the Big Boys, I know people that know but this doesnt' mean RT isn't guilty or innocent I suppose and I'm sure a lot of good people there too

I understand McRae, Rhine, Lumber City, Milan, Eastman have a lot of the Big Boys, I know people that know but this doesnt' mean RT isn't guilty or innocent I suppose and I'm sure a lot of good people there too

I believe the people there are just like everywhere - some good, some not so good. I suspect they are embarrassed this has happened in their town and are angry at Jay for bringing this glare of media upon them all. I know the people who are being quoted in the media supporting Jay are mostly close family members - but I suspect that many residents would identify more with the Runions (salt of the earth, Christian, "good" people). Just as most of America (and the world) has been touched by this horrible crime, I would expect no less from a jury pool from McRae, Georgia. ( I have not spent time in McRae but have spent many hours in Eastman - Dodge Co. where he is being held - eaten in their local diners, shopped in their junk/antique stores, etc. and met many very nice folks there.)

I believe the people there are just like everywhere - some good, some not so good. I suspect they are embarrassed this has happened in their town and are angry at Jay for bringing this glare of media upon them all. I know the people who are being quoted in the media supporting Jay are mostly close family members - but I suspect that many residents would identify more with the Runions (salt of the earth, Christian, "good" people). Just as most of America (and the world) has been touched by this horrible crime, I would expect no less from a jury pool from McRae, Georgia. ( I have not spent time in McRae but have spent many hours in Eastman - Dodge Co. where he is being held - eaten in their local diners, shopped in their junk/antique stores, etc. and met many very nice folks there.)

Hi Judy, Yes thats what I said too, many nice people there also and I've probably passed you in many an antique shop then

I presume being a smaller population in these areas probably makes it seem worse when people do hear of criminal activity, the same and worse has happened elsewhere, but all the south GA counties have a place to drop planes and helicopters, but i do hear the same about Bibb county, and Houston county some say is getting as bad as bibb, with shootings, robberies and drugs, not so much Peach county or twiggs or other counties west of there in regards to people warning others to be careful there, I had a friend whose family lived in Rhine, heard alot of bad things, areas you just don't venture into..........just making an observation about reputations in different areas, there are alot of good people everywhere IMO but also the opposite

"Big Boys"? Not familiar with that term. Do you mean "Good Ole' Boys"?

but i do hear the same about Bibb county, and Houston county some say is getting as bad as bibb, with shootings, robberies and drugs,

Houston has Warner Robins, which was where folks in crime ridden Macon fled a few years ago. Course crime followed. Bibb is a horrid joke these days.

I am in Jones County (right above Bibb) and it is still decent here. Very old school and run by "good ole' boys" that imposed a zero tolerance policy regarding drugs (due to meth problems). I am from the West coast originally so I have no ties to this county whatsoever but I sure hope the good ole boys in this county keep it safe!

I'm so curious because from the time he was named POI, I thought GUILTY. Everything seemed to line up against him. Will you explain why you think he was set up?

Can you say what the cousin (Bud's) & family are thinking about Towns?

I can only say my Gut is saying something is off here. And I'm still baffled as to how they tracked the burner phone ping moving South . Yet by all accounts Rt was hiding in the woods already .
As o what their family is saying . You see what I see on the FB page. I'm still amazed how you haven't seen one harsh word towards RT . Only that they want Justice done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thinking of Bud& June's family and friends right now . As the funeral is going on right now [emoji25]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko
Back