GA - Cindi Cook for signing 16yo girl's abortion papers, Chamblee, 2007

You should have seen the papers I had to sign just for my ds's tonsillectomy. I would be absolutely furious if another person signed for my dd's abortion or other surgical procedure. I'm glad she was sentenced.

How old was her son when he impregnated this girl?

Testimony indicated Cook pressured the girl to have the abortion.

"Because it was going to interfere with his college plans," said Little.

:rolleyes:

I feel that this post offers some great perspective, but it is a shame that many people probably won't read it since you begin with your typical criticisms about why the United States is inferior to Canada. IMO, that unnecessary drivel completely devalues your post.

Been there.
Done that.
Sick of it.

I feel that this post offers some great perspective, but it is a shame that many people probably won't read it since you begin with your typical criticisms about why the United States is inferior to Canada. IMO, that unnecessary drivel completely devalues your post.

Wow - I didn't read that at all in this post!

In Canada a 16 year old is old enough to leave home to live on their own. Not thing one a parent can do about it.

I feel that at 16, a teenager should have the choice to have a baby or not.

It is their body and their life and future.

You think that parents always act in the best interest of their child, not always. But the child will act in their best interest. How many girls were "forced" to become parents because Mommy and Daddy decided that is "how the child" should be "punished" for having sex. Now the child can work at Wal-Mart and be a single mom. The girl made her bed and now she has to "sleep" in it. Since life is uncertain, people need choices. Too bad the choices "made for the child" are not always in the best interest of the child to decide what to do with her body.

Something about this story just does not add up.

How many 16yos do you know with the judgement to make long term decisions? Or stand up to an adult who is threatening and pressuring them? I think it is interesting that we wouldn't blame a 16yo who was threatened and pressured into sex with a teacher or friend's parent, but some think this 16yo girl should have "kicked and screamed" if she really didn't want this abortion. I'm sure she was terrified and confused and really needed someone who did have her best interest at heart - clearly not her bf's selfish of a mother!

You should have seen the papers I had to sign just for my ds's tonsillectomy. I would be absolutely furious if another person signed for my dd's abortion or other surgical procedure. I'm glad she was sentenced.

How old was her son when he impregnated this girl?

ITA! The paperwork I had to fill out and have my doctor sign for my kids to go to camp and join the football team were multiple pages - just in case they needed emergency medical care. Why is an abortion taken less seriously than this?

Testimony indicated Cook pressured the girl to have the abortion.

"Because it was going to interfere with his college plans," said Little.

:rolleyes:

Like I said, SELFISH SELFISH SELFISH!!!

She belongs in :behindbar for a lot longer than a year.

Just thought you should know:

An English teenager died from complications two weeks after taking two abortion pills, her mother told an inquest into her death this week.

Manon Jones, 18, described by her mother as a devout Christian teen, opted to terminate her pregnancy at six weeks because she feared the pregnancy would cause conflict within her "Muslim" boyfriend's family, the Daily Mail reported Friday.

The teen took the first dose of medication to terminate the pregnancy on June 10, 2005, and the second two days later. On June 15, Jones felt light-headed and experienced heavy bleeding so her boyfriend took her to Southmead Hospital in Bristol, England for a scan. She was told the scan was "normal," the report said.

~snip~

The cause of her death was hypovolemia, an abnormal decrease in blood volume, and shock caused by "retained products of conception," including the embryo, Dr. Hugh White told the inquest.

RU-486 has been approved for use in the U.S. since 2000. It has been linked to deaths of at least seven women and is believed to be used in about 13 percent of abortions. The abortion pill has been used more than 500,000 times since it was approved for use in the U.S. for early pregnancy, defined as seven weeks' duration or less.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,366501,00.html

Just thought you should know:

An English teenager died from complications two weeks after taking two abortion pills, her mother told an inquest into her death this week.

Manon Jones, 18, described by her mother as a devout Christian teen, opted to terminate her pregnancy at six weeks because she feared the pregnancy would cause conflict within her "Muslim" boyfriend's family, the Daily Mail reported Friday.

The teen took the first dose of medication to terminate the pregnancy on June 10, 2005, and the second two days later. On June 15, Jones felt light-headed and experienced heavy bleeding so her boyfriend took her to Southmead Hospital in Bristol, England for a scan. She was told the scan was "normal," the report said.

~snip~

The cause of her death was hypovolemia, an abnormal decrease in blood volume, and shock caused by "retained products of conception," including the embryo, Dr. Hugh White told the inquest.

RU-486 has been approved for use in the U.S. since 2000. It has been linked to deaths of at least seven women and is believed to be used in about 13 percent of abortions. The abortion pill has been used more than 500,000 times since it was approved for use in the U.S. for early pregnancy, defined as seven weeks' duration or less.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,366501,00.html

Devout Christian teen?:rolleyes:

It is very sad that she recieved such poor medical care and died.

7 people died in about 8 years?

Far safer than bringing pregnancy to full term.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back