Found Safe GA - CW, 15, Evans, 4 December 2016

More from that link:
Fecco was on his way back home from Columbia, South Carolina, when he recognized a vehicle matching an Amber Alert he had seen on billboards while on the road.

He slowed down and let the vehicle, driven by 37 year old Jason Johnson, pass him. From there, Fecco was able to match the license plate numbers and immediately called 9-1-1.

He followed them when the vehicle exited off the interstate. "Where ever it led, I was going to follow. I had no problem doing that."

Fecco stayed within sight of the vehicle at different gas stations, all while staying on the phone with law enforcement.

Normally, I think 911 would tell him not to follow but I'm glad he did.

FBI investigating Jason Johnson
Thursday, Dec. 15, 2016

COLUMBIA COUNTY, GA. (WRDW.WAGT) - The FBI is now a part of the investigation into Jason Johnson.

Johnson is the man accused of taking a 15-year-old girl to Tennessee, giving her drugs and molesting her.

He could face federal charges because investigators say he crossed state lines with [CW], breaking federal law. This means there could be a federal prosecution but all that is determined by the U.S. Attorney's Office and local investigators.

[...]

FBI investigating Jason Johnson
Thursday, Dec. 15, 2016

COLUMBIA COUNTY, GA. (WRDW.WAGT) - The FBI is now a part of the investigation into Jason Johnson.

Johnson is the man accused of taking a 15-year-old girl to Tennessee, giving her drugs and molesting her.

He could face federal charges because investigators say he crossed state lines with [CW], breaking federal law. This means there could be a federal prosecution but all that is determined by the U.S. Attorney's Office and local investigators.

[...]

OMG... that sick SOB gave her meth!!! I hope that poor girl isn't left with a drug addiction on top of everything else she's facing right now!

(I have no idea how much drug use is usually required before the body becomes physically dependent on meth. So, my concern may be irrational.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG... that sick SOB gave her meth!!! I hope that poor girl isn't left with a drug addiction on top of everything else she's facing right now!

(I have no idea how much drug use is usually required before the body becomes physically dependent on meth. So, my concern may be irrational.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it's an irrational fear at all. He had been seeing her for 6 months before he ran away with her. That is plenty of time to start slipping her "tastes" of drugs or start her out on alcohol. She is a victim in more ways than one and she may not even realize how much this man hurt her and how he could have potentially ruined her life (with drugs) or even killed her. Thank God, she has another chance. I hope she can get the help she needs. BTW, thank you to the mods for redacting her name.

Meth is not physically addictive the way opiates are, but withdrawal from prolonged use leads to physical and mental discomfort for awhile (more like flu symptoms and depression vs liver failure).

I am happy this man followed them and hope he gets any reward that was being offered.

Wow! I wasn't expecting that. At least, not so quickly after her safe return anyway...

I just watched it and the segment was filmed just four days after she was found. Way to soon IMO.

I m extremely disappointed in the Dr. Phil show for airing the episode so soon after the abduction. I get that he has offered to pay for expense for medical and possible psychological aftercare and I understand why that might be an attractive offer of help. But to air the episode so soon. :nono:

IMO it is in very poor taste and smacks of exploitation of a young lady who has already been exploited by her abductor.

I m extremely disappointed in the Dr. Phil show for airing the episode so soon after the abduction. I get that he has offered to pay for expense for medical and possible psychological aftercare and I understand why that might be an attractive offer of help. But to air the episode so soon. :nono:

IMO it is in very poor taste and smacks of exploitation of a young lady who has already been exploited by her abductor.
Imho...I would have felt better for the show to air without showing her face.

Man accused of taking Evans girl across state lines pleads guilty to federal charge

A man who took a Columbia County teen across state lines for a sexual encounter pleaded guilty Thursday to a federal crime punishable by 10 years to life in prison.

Jason A. Johnson, 38, pleaded to a single count of transportation of a minor with intent to engage in criminal sexual activity. Johnson has been in custody since December 2016 when he was arrested in Seiverville, Tenn., with a 15-year-old Evans girl.
Johnson was indicted on the federal charge in January. He was also indicted in Columbia County on charges of two counts of aggravated child molestation, and a single count each of child molestation, enticing a child for indecent purposes, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor for allegedly providing the teen with methamphetamine. He pleaded not guilty in Superior Court on March 31. Those charges are still pending.
http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/2...ross-state-lines-pleads-guilty-federal-charge

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back